2012 US Open Contest & Official Thread [Spoilers]

I'm in, took a flier on my fourth pick.

It's killing me that I still have to wait 2 days for this to start. Even more so that I'll have to come into work and wait for a few hours before the first groups tee off thursday. Silly PST.

I actually love that it's PST. Coverage starts at 3, what time will it end, 9? Eastern time of course.

Central time zone it's on ESPN from 11am - 2pm then goes to NBC at 2

I actually love that it's PST. Coverage starts at 3, what time will it end, 9? Eastern time of course.

That's what I love about west coast golf. You don't miss much coverage while at work and you can watch it live at night and not have to worry about spoilers and such.

I'm liking the PST times as well.

I just saw the times for TV coverage of the Open Championship next month. That's gonna start earrrrly in the morning.

I'm ready for Mickelson to let me down again!!! Can't wait

I Can't begin to tell you how many entries we have received from people that do not qualify. Guys if you don't have the posts to enter (which is not many or hard to get to), wait until you do before sending in entry.

Who's picking the 14 yr. old kid? On another note how cool is it that he got in!

Haha I might as well with as badly as I usually do on these contests. Heck if he won it would be an automatic win

I Can't begin to tell you how many entries we have received from people that do not qualify. Guys if you don't have the posts to enter (which is not many or hard to get to), wait until you do before sending in entry.

One-T needs to step his posting up. On a serious note, it's so easy to make a few posts on this forum. Come on people. Always cool to see a newbie win the big prize!!

People can sure read when it says prize pack but their eyes get a little weak when they get to the section about qualification to enter huh?

My entry has been submitted, thanks THP for the opportunity!

On golf channel they were talking to Hale Irwin about the 1974 US Open. I don't think the USGA is going to set this place up to be like that set up at Winged Foot. One thing I did notice though was how much Irwin pocketed when he won that US Open....$35,000

This is when I miss having cable, or internet. I hate missing golf tournaments.

Entry submitted!

Olin Browne, Bill Lunde, Hiroyuki Fujita, and Tommy Biershenk FTW!

Thanks THP!

I love the PST for the weekends. But following along with the morning groups usually gets me through thursday and friday.

Who's this guy impersonating Tiger in his interview :alien:

Not standoffish and actually a pretty darn good watch.

--
Tapatalk2

I am going to sit down and put my team together tonight. I have a preliminary team put together in my head, but I actually want to do a little research on this one.

Im just glad I am working at the golf course in the mornings Saturday/Sunday so there's all day to watch the golf. Pretty odd the split tees go from the 1st and 9th tees(I know there isnt any other options), I have a feeling these rounds will take a while the first two days to even complete.

Who's this guy impersonating Tiger in his interview :alien:

Not standoffish and actually a pretty darn good watch.

--
Tapatalk2

Well, he is well rested from a press conference perspective. Doesn't take to much out of a man to make the youtube videos he's done for the past few tourneys.

On a less sarcastic note, may be an indication that he thinks he's at a good stage in the "process" after the win at the Memorial and his practice since.

no no...by all means, keep entering illegally...it cuts down the competition.

Well, he is well rested from a press conference perspective. Doesn't take to much out of a man to make the youtube videos he's done for the past few tourneys.

On a less sarcastic note, may be an indication that he thinks he's at a good stage in the "process" after the win at the Memorial and his practice since.

All true. Didn't take him this week but I think he's going to drop the hammer on some fools this weekend.

All true. Didn't take him this week but I think he's going to drop the hammer on some fools this weekend.

I bet a very large subset of the folks who submitted a team without the necessary posts also picked him to win.

Back