2012 Scottish Open Thread (Spoilers)

Drinks are on Andrew Johnston!

"RT @European_Tour: 167 bottles of Laurent Perrier heading Andrew Johnston's way as he aces the 11th and wins a bottle for every yard"

Drinks are on Andrew Johnston!

"RT @European_Tour: 167 bottles of Laurent Perrier heading Andrew Johnston's way as he aces the 11th and wins a bottle for every yard"

Nice!

Phil and Martin Laird start quick, -2 through 3, although holes 2 and 3 are good birdie chances for these guys.

That's wild. Again, why does the coverage here not start until 9am, you know, when we all have to go to work?

At least the golf channel will be replaying the first round at, i think, 11pm central tonight

Wow, Molinari's playing well lately.

How did Phil finish up?

Nope. He'll miss the cut next week.
I dont think he will. I think him going over early is a good thing.

He just doesn't play well over there. I hope I am wrong.

He played pretty well and was in the hunt last year until the back 9 on Sunday when his putter left him.

He played pretty well and was in the hunt last year until the back 9 on Sunday when his putter left him.

It was the power lip-outs that killer him. I think he had a few of those.

Phil started out his second round in style, holed out from 60 yards for an eagle 2!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lefty is now -7 thru 12 holes, -6 overall. Scoring looks to be really low again today.

That lip out for Phil ended his run of 5 birds in a row

Martin Kaymer has assumed the lead. Can't remember the last time I saw him out in front. Seems like too long ago.

Lefty is now -7 thru 12 holes, -6 overall. Scoring looks to be really low again today.

And just lipped out another birdie chance. Go Phil...

Are you Tapatalking to me?

Phil looking good. Hopefully this is just a warm up for an open run next week.

Phil looking good. Hopefully this is just a warm up for an open run next week.

He sure did look good. Reminded me of that early run he made at the Open until the putter failed on the back 9. His iron game was as crisp as I had seen it recently.

I remember I holed out for eagle on #9 from the right fescue. The pin was the impossible front left pin. Pure luck.

I miss Scotland.

Glad that Phil had a great round today, even if he left a couple birdies out there on the course.

Wow, Louie, that sucked.

Solid round by young Matteo. What is it with Italians and links golf?

Solid round by young Matteo. What is it with Italians and links golf?

Who knows. Molinari's putting really well right now.

Phil is going absolutely bananas! Go Phil! Can't believe he's only 3 back in this tournament after shooting 1 over on Thursday.

Back