2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

I sure do like a 3wood option off the tee and I'm not afraid to use it either.

To me they felt similar. I don't think it'd be a waste at all. 5 Wood mashie and then mashie hybrids.

I was looking at the 5w, curious about the 3w though but since I have historically had trouble with FWs I might just stick with the 5w. Well that is what the outing in May is for...lol

I'm think the 5 and 7 Mashie FW could be what I'm looking for.

You think these will be a better fit that the CG black FW Hawk? In your review, seemed like you were getting some serious distance out of the Black 5W you were testing. Just curious as I'm eyeballing a new 5W myself. Haven't had a chance to hit a Black with a stiff shaft yet though.

You think these will be a better fit that the CG black FW Hawk? In your review, seemed like you were getting some serious distance out of the Black 5W you were testing. Just curious as I'm eyeballing a new 5W myself. Haven't had a chance to hit a Black with a stiff shaft yet though.

Well, I think I'd rather have the Black in a 3W slot, which is what I do now with my fairway wood. I usually like hybrids in the ~20 degree range better for my game.

Well, I think I'd rather have the Black in a 3W slot, which is what I do now with my fairway wood. I usually like hybrids in the ~20 degree range better for my game.

sounds very similar to my thoughts Hawk

My thought is that the FW may appeal a bit more visually and give a few extra yards. I don't necessarily need gaps filled incrementally below my irons. I mainly am looking for versatility and dependability in that slot.

I need a club that will get a duffed tee shot to the green and I love the Mashie hybrids so the Mashie 3W seems like a no brainer for me.

Got it. That makes good sense. Thanks for the quick reply.

Am I reading that right? The longest the FW is going to be is just over 40?

Why? I understand you'd have more control, but at that point there's no clear distinction on distance between the FW and
the hybrid....right?

Why? I understand you'd have more control, but at that point there's no clear distinction on distance between the FW and
the hybrid....right?

Im not sure I would say its the longest. In my testing the Cleveland Launcher FL was the longest FW wood I hit this year by a decent margin.

I would say there is more to distance than merely shaft length though. For instance loft, weighting, launch and spin all determine ball flight.

the hybrid....right?

Tested last weekend on the course and range. Thought distance was in line with other fairway woods.

I hit a few with this club and really liked it. Felt like you truly smashed the ball when you hit it. I liked the Black a little more though. I felt like a nice easy swing with the Black got me better distance. JB was destroying balls off the tee with this club

I hit a few with this club and really liked it. Felt like you truly smashed the ball when you hit it. I liked the Black a little more though. I felt like a nice easy swing with the Black got me better distance. JB was destroying balls off the tee with this club

No doubt the black is longer. That club is a bomber.

Wow. I'm completely interested then. I currently game a Mashie M3, and the FW has me excited then.

Just curious, I play a G15 4W currently. Shaft length of 42.5

Can I order the 3W Mashie FW at 42.5? Would it be worth it at all since you're testing seems to be that even with the 40.5 shaft you're getting the same distances as other FW's with longer shafts? That correct?

I wouldn't bother lengthening it to be honest. Great distance already and you should have better accuracy with the shorter shaft

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Im not sure I can help EW as far as length of shaft. The one I am testing is 41.25 shaft length and 14*. I am hitting it very well. I also have one here that is 15.5* and I believe that one is 40.75. I have not spent time with the 2nd one enough to give you more feedback.

I do remember from purchasing my M3 that the shafts in all of these cleveland clubs are much much much better than stock offerings from other OEMs.

I currently play a Blueboard 83-S in my G15 4W...... I doubt I'd need to change the shaft in this Mashie FW 3 (the 15.5 is what I'm interested in)...it's a thought though.

I guess one idea could be to order it to my standard length 3/4W 42.5......and see how it goes. If I need to chop it down, I can wack it down.

Just an idea. I'm interested in your findings of the 15.5 if you have the time.

I will get to work on it for you, or send it off to one of our testers for them to get busy with as well.
You are correct that the Miyazaki C. Kua shafts are just phenomenal for standard offerings.

I'm sure it has been mentioned, so I'm skimming.

How is the Mashie fairway without the alignment aid? My 3wood doesn't have one and sometimes it made me a little uneasy.

I'm sure it has been mentioned, so I'm skimming.

How is the Mashie fairway without the alignment aid? My 3wood doesn't have one and sometimes it made me a little uneasy.

I didn't have an issue with it Blu. I just used the arrows on the grip if I remember correctly

I will get to work on it for you, or send it off to one of our testers for them to get busy with as well.
You are correct that the Miyazaki C. Kua shafts are just phenomenal for standard offerings.

Really!?!!? Wow...that'd be awesome. I'd really appreciate that. I can see from a consumer stand point, and from a lot of people such as myself who are used to 42/43 3w's, that we'd be interested in seeing how the head performs with the longer shaft we might be used to. Again, if the shorter shaft is just flat out more beneficial than the longer shaft, I'm all ears.

I know the first thing that popped into my head, and will a lot of consumers is, "Wow...that's a short shaft for a FW. Why would I purchase this over the Mashie Hybrid? The hybrid will obviously (maybe!) play better from what I'm using it for, horrible lies, and I'm looking for distance plus versatility from the FW...wonder how it would perform with a longer shaft?"

P.S. - I kinda like this forum. It's a little bit different than what I'm used to over at that "other" forum.

Im not sure I can help EW as far as length of shaft. The one I am testing is 41.25 shaft length and 14*. I am hitting it very well. I also have one here that is 15.5* and I believe that one is 40.75. I have not spent time with the 2nd one enough to give you more feedback.

Do you think the slower swing speed player will be able to elevate the 14* or even the 15.5* Mashie fairway ? Perhaps with an A flex (senior) shaft ?

Back