2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

I really want to try this 3w out. I want to thank OEM for starting my ponder yesterday on it. HAHA

The fairway wood is so good OEM.

Can you elaborate a bit? Which one did you hit and what exactly did you like?

Can you elaborate a bit? Which one did you hit and what exactly did you like?

I can now that I am on a computer instead of the phone...

I hit the 15.5 3w both yesterday and today. Off the tee I think I've hit longer clubs, but not by much. The shorter shaft brings in a little more control without sacrificing the distance in a big way. I liked it off the tee. From the fairway and rough its fantastic. It really interacts with the turf like the mashie hybrid. The course we played the ball really sits down in the rough, this club cuts through the rough and makes the shot easier to deal with. There is a slightly heavier head which helps too. I still think it would be a very valuable 5w in my bag, but I think it will be a big hit at THP Demo Day.

I hit this one off the tee today (14*) 243 yards on one hole. Long 3 wood for me considering its all carry.

ddec - higher, lower, or similar ballflight to your normal 3W? Off the tee and the grass please.

I hit this one off the tee today (14*) 243 yards on one hole. Long 3 wood for me considering its all carry.

Wow that is nice.

ddec - higher, lower, or similar ballflight to your normal 3W? Off the tee and the grass please.

My normal 3 wood is the W/S Dxi with Voodoo shaft.
With the C Kua shaft in this off the tee I would tell you the ball flight is probably a little higher, but tough to tell without hitting them side by side.
Off the turf it's similar to what I normally hit.
Keep in mind I am also not a real high ball hitter, unlike Chunky

Thanks buddy.

Wow that's a big 3 wood JB. Ddec great feedback, I think you're right about them being a big hit at Demo Day.

I hit the 15.5 3w both yesterday and today. Off the tee I think I've hit longer clubs, but not by much. The shorter shaft brings in a little more control without sacrificing the distance in a big way. I liked it off the tee. From the fairway and rough its fantastic. It really interacts with the turf like the mashie hybrid. The course we played the ball really sits down in the rough, this club cuts through the rough and makes the shot easier to deal with. There is a slightly heavier head which helps too. I still think it would be a very valuable 5w in my bag, but I think it will be a big hit at THP Demo Day.

Thanks dude, excellent info and like Ive said before welcome to my bag Mashie 3W haha

Again, I like it. And for not being the FL 3W that is really good distance. I for one would be pretty stoked with that kind of carry.

Excellent question Hawk. Ddec the floor is yours. Edit, question answered.

My normal 3 wood is the W/S Dxi with Voodoo shaft.
With the C Kua shaft in this off the tee I would tell you the ball flight is probably a little higher, but tough to tell without hitting them side by side.
Off the turf it's similar to what I normally hit.
Keep in mind I am also not a real high ball hitter, unlike Chunky

I dont think Ive ever seen you hit any moon balls so that makes sense. Speaking of Capt Chunky does he have any feedback to offer?

Where is chunkylover? I want some feedback dude.

Where is chunkylover? I want some feedback dude.

Probably lost in the rough at westchase if they played there today. Little dude should wear an orange hat. :rolleyes:

--
tapatalk

Probably lost in the rough at westchase if they played there today. Little dude should wear an orange hat. :rolleyes:

--
tapatalk

lmao. I hope they didnt lose him. That would really screw up the viewing party.

I really would love to see some Mashie FW forum testing. That would be fantastic.

The Mashie hybrid was quite the successful forum testing. I think the 3W would be too.

I think DMB had the idea that the original Mashie testers should test out the Mashie FW.. I am all for that one. hehehehe

Yes it would FLTC. I just don't know if any club can knock the Octane Tour out.

My Octane has really started to perform for me lately but I am pretty sure the mashie would win in the end.

Dean, does the FW feel similar to the hybrid when you swing it? In other words is it just like a hybrid with a bigger head or does it feel different in some way. I believe the length is the same as the M3 which I am very comfortable with so I am wondering will it feel the same and just add a few yards of distance versus the M3 or is it totally different.

Dean, does the FW feel similar to the hybrid when you swing it? In other words is it just like a hybrid with a bigger head or does it feel different in some way. I believe the length is the same as the M3 which I am very comfortable with so I am wondering will it feel the same and just add a few yards of distance versus the M3 or is it totally different.

They feel similar.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

This has firmly cemented itself in my bag for the time being. Playing this club throughout the weekend with the other 2 Morgan Cup captains, I used this fairway wood quite a bit both off the tee and off the grass and I am finding some stellar results. Including the length that I am so pleased with right now.

Well if it replaced the Cleveland FL for you, then it is a MUST try for me because I love the FL.

hmmmm Interesting feedback coming. I still don't know but I'd like to give it a whirl at some point.

This has firmly cemented itself in my bag for the time being. Playing this club throughout the weekend with the other 2 Morgan Cup captains, I used this fairway wood quite a bit both off the tee and off the grass and I am finding some stellar results. Including the length that I am so pleased with right now.

You'd be crazy to take this out of your bag.

I agree with Dean, you hit this club well off the tee and out of the fairways

Here is a video of Chunkylover77 hitting the Mashie FW wood with his comments following it. Important note, the range we were hitting on was a water range, so you hit out into the water.

this club could be a game changer for a lot of people out there

They feel similar.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

I very much look forward to checking out this club. I am curious about the shorter shaft. I always could hit the M3 hybrid but struggled with the additional length of the M1. So now if I am understanding I can get the feel of the M3 with added distance. A bonus all the way around.

Boy oh boy, that club sure does sound good!!

Back