2012 Cleveland Mashie Hybrids & Irons

I played this again yesterday and absolutely loved it again. Twice off the fairway and 4 times off the tee and not a bad shot out of the bunch. The distance I was getting yesterday was longer than when I first began the trial which makes me think I want to try the higher lofts as well.

The glide rails on this fairway wood seem great. If this club is as smooth as you say it is off the turf, I WANT it. Trying all different lofts would be fun to optimize distance.

I played this again yesterday and absolutely loved it again. Twice off the fairway and 4 times off the tee and not a bad shot out of the bunch. The distance I was getting yesterday was longer than when I first began the trial which makes me think I want to try the higher lofts as well.

He hits the ball great with this club. I had the 15 in my bag. I hit it twice off the tee well, but it really shines off of the turf. From the fairway or rough it doesn't matter, it just glides through the turf with ease.

OEM you will love this club.

He hits the ball great with this club. I had the 15 in my bag. I hit it twice off the tee well, but it really shines off of the turf. From the fairway or rough it doesn't matter, it just glides through the turf with ease.

OEM you will love this club.

I think this will be OEM'ed sight unseen. Its happened before once or twice.

IF you are too busy I am sure Kevin or I would be happy to assist you. :alien:

I think this will be OEM'ed sight unseen. Its happened before once or twice.

I know I am not as famous an OEM'er as you my friend but as soon as I see this bad boy is at my local golf store, it is in my bag and on the course ASAP.

I'd like to see you get some higher lofts in your hands as well, JB. My main interest is how they would gap with your hybrid. Also, I'm curious how they compare in versatility. If I end up a Cleveland guy in the MC I think I'd have to put one of these in play, but I'm still not sure where it would fit into my bag.

Next year won't be here soon enough! This club just seems from the responses a game changer for someone like me who does have issues with woods off the deck and from the tee.

Does anyone know how this fairway wood compares to other brands in terms of distance? I'm in the market for a new 3W and distance is the number 1 priority. I have a very fluid swing and usually have no problem keeping it straight with any club. I was looking at the Taylormade Burner 2.0 but I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Wow...I really like my R11 3 wood, but perhaps a Mashie 5 is in order...I'm REALLY anxious to try and hit one of these...

Does anyone know how this fairway wood compares to other brands in terms of distance? I'm in the market for a new 3W and distance is the number 1 priority. I have a very fluid swing and usually have no problem keeping it straight with any club. I was looking at the Taylormade Burner 2.0 but I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Check out the Cleveland FL 3w. It's a rocket launcher if you can handle the longer shaft.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Check out the Cleveland FL 3w. It's a rocket launcher if you can handle the longer shaft.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Yessir, caaaaannon.

I don't think this one is pure distance club liek the 2.0 or FL. I think some will find it more manageable off the turf due to the shorter shaft and glide-rails, which could equate to more distance for them.

Hitting the sweet spot and going straight is usually a win for me. And usually comes with more distance too.

Beast mode from tapatalk

The Launcher FL fariways are insane. I finally started coming from the inside on my swing, and I can bomb my 5wood 240 now. High and piercing draw. The Kua 43 is an amazing shaft, at least for my swing. With that said, I expect even better things from these Mashie FWs. I'll consider one when they are released for better results out of the rough.

Hitting the sweet spot and going straight is usually a win for me. And usually comes with more distance too.

Beast mode from tapatalk

That's what I'm hoping for. Hybrid performance off the grass with fwy wood length.

That's what I'm hoping for. Hybrid performance off the grass with fwy wood length.

I think that's the point of the club. It's seriously the one club I'm looking forward to hitting shelves.

I think that's the point of the club. It's seriously the one club I'm looking forward to hitting shelves.

Agree completely. I love my FL, but the Mashie's purpose fits my needs more out of a Fairway Wood.

I really would love to see some Mashie FW forum testing. That would be fantastic.

I really would love to see some Mashie FW forum testing. That would be fantastic.

The Mashie hybrid was quite the successful forum testing. I think the 3W would be too.

Yes it would FLTC. I just don't know if any club can knock the Octane Tour out.

Forum testing would be huge.

Yes it would FLTC. I just don't know if any club can knock the Octane Tour out.

Ah, I sense a challenge! I love 3woods dude, I've had a lot of them, but everything about this club just makes sense to me. It seems to take all the problems I have with 3woods, laugh in their face, and make them obsolete.

Ah, I sense a challenge! I love 3woods dude, I've had a lot of them, but everything about this club just makes sense to me. It seems to take all the problems I have with 3woods, laugh in their face, and make them obsolete.

Hahaha, dude it would have to Mashie easy to hit combined with some really good distance. I love the idea though. I know initial tests are its not short but I just dont know if I'd take even a couple yards less. I'm intrigued though.

I'd love to see you get ahold of this one as well.

Back