Search results for query: *

1. collegefbfan

Tell Me About Your Wrists Before Impact

I know every player is different, and I will be asking my instructor about this very thing because I feel I have it all wrong. The instructor that I saw around the beginning of April said that the wrists take care of themselves. I am not sure if I believe that or not considering the other...
  2. collegefbfan

Create Your Dream Golf Game...

Let's say the Golf Genie pops out the bottle and says you can create your dream golf game. Take any pro that is currently playing on the regular and create your golf game with that pro's (use different players) driving, iron shots, chipping, and putting. Who would you pick for each? I would...
  3. collegefbfan

Expensive/Nicest/Craziest Thing Found On The Golf Course?

Just curious if you all have found any expensive, nice, crazy, etc. things on the course while playing. What was it and did you keep it? Putter, headcover, glove, jewelry, money,... What ya got?
  4. collegefbfan

Collegefbfan's WITB (Finished Edition)

The last picture is the completed bag. A couple of years ago, I had posted about creating my budget bag (bag and all clubs about $750). Everything is brand new except the driver (like new), the Adams 5 hybrid, and the Odyssey Dual Force 550 putter.
  5. collegefbfan

What Do You Do To Just Get Away???

I have never been the type to just want to be out of the house away from stuff especially on the weekend. Me, the wife, and son go to brunch, all is fine. Pull in the driveway, and she starts naming off a couple of things that need to be done without remembering that it has been raining...
  6. collegefbfan

Could Grips Be Causing This?

When I had my Titleist AP1's, they had Golf Pride Grips on them. They weren't really oversized at all, they just felt like they had a little more cushion to them. I didn't really swing those clubs that much. I was about to give up on golf anyway. But the lessons I had early on were with...
  7. collegefbfan

Joey Chestnut Food Records!!!

I heard on a podcast the other day that Lane Kiffin didn't do the traditional spring game at Ole Miss. More activities based. Invited Joey Chestnut for a hot dog eating contest with some football players. This guy is not just the hot dog eating champ. They listed off some of his other 50+...
  8. collegefbfan

Hey Folks, Tell Me About Spin...

I think there is not much more beautiful in golf as spin on the green. I mean, to me, it is like, holy cow, man did you see that ball spin back towards the hole. Forgive me if this is a dumb question. Is spin more of the club that is used or more of the type of swing that is used? Or maybe...
  9. collegefbfan

Cost Of The Cheapest Good/Best Course Near You?

Just curious what is the cost of the cheapest good or best course near you for 18 holes with a cart? One near me is $20-$25 for weekdays and $30 for weekends and holidays. It is about 25 minutes from me.
  10. collegefbfan

Thinking About Going Back To This Instructor...

I know an individual has to be patient in many processes in life. Lord, golf has to be the biggest. I raised two great kids, even after their mom left the day after our 15th wedding anniversary. Left them with me because my schedule was more consistent. That took some patience. Worked my...
  11. collegefbfan

How Much Golf Stuff Do You Watch?

I have totally avoided youtube lessons, tips, mechanics, etc. since I had this most recent lesson. However, I find myself watching anything golf related. I have seen the $500 or $1000 challenge some folks do. I have viewed custom clubs being built and the like. I have clicked on a few video...
  12. collegefbfan

What Golf Stuff Helped You The Most (starting out)?

I am getting lessons. Finally found a good instructor. I have a golf net in the backyard. I am just curious is there anything that help me with me becoming more comfortable and familiar with the swing, all parts of the swing, etc.? I am not really talking about swing aids that I have to have...
  13. collegefbfan

How Strong Is Your Grip?

When I just naturally grip the club, I think it is mainly weak. I can maybe see one knuckle. I see that many favor all the benefits of a strong grip. It just solves a host of problems. I hit a few balls into the net today where I used a stronger grip. I can't say how much it helped because...
  14. collegefbfan

The Club You Were REALLY Wrong About...

What was the club that you tried out, or saw, or heard about, or whatever, and you just knew that was the club that was going to change your game. You know the one that would allow you to dust all your golfing buddies, send shivers down the spine of your father in law (or insert other kin), or...
  15. collegefbfan

Expert/Legend Golf Swing Instructors & Location?

Now, I know many will say, "Wait, aren't you the guy bashing GolfTEC about their prices". Not bashing, just asking. However, I am just curious when and if the time comes (retirement around the corner and the VRS will be good to me), who are some of these expert/legend golf instructors around...
  16. collegefbfan

Golf Ball Impact Is Quick & Straight Line Release?

I have been practicing some drills my instructor sent. I have really been working on delofting the clubface (irons), getting my body to turn, and finishing with the weight on my lead leg/foot. I do remember seeing a video related to "straight line release" before I took lessons this last time...
  17. collegefbfan

GolfTEC... Wow, The Cost

So, just checking around for a closer golf lessons place. Some of you won't believe how far I have driven and still driving for golf lessons. Well, GolfTEC is about 40 minutes closer if that gives an idea. I like it being inside, I like all the ways they monitor the different parts of the...
  18. collegefbfan

Is Offset Woods A Bad Thing?

Looking at some 7 woods. Found a few that I am interested in. A couple of the ones I am really considering are "offset". Is this a bad thing (especially for a 50 year old beginner with 70-75 mph swing speed). A friend of mine says that offset is just putting a bad-aid on a problem. I feel...
  19. collegefbfan

Founder’s Club Anyone?

Just curious if anyone played them or know anyone who has? Reviews too good to be true?
  20. collegefbfan

Some Questions About "Other" Brands & Clubs Before Their Time Technology

So, just curious here about the "not so popular" brands of clubs. I am not bashing these clubs by any means. Like I said, this curiosity just came to mind. Does anyone here play or know anyone who plays any clubs made by MacGregor, Tommy Armour, Spalding, etc.? Are they good? Bad? Ugly? I...
Back