How Much Golf Stuff Do You Watch?

collegefbfan

Reaction score
I have totally avoided youtube lessons, tips, mechanics, etc. since I had this most recent lesson. However, I find myself watching anything golf related. I have seen the $500 or $1000 challenge some folks do. I have viewed custom clubs being built and the like. I have clicked on a few video reviews related to golf mats, golf simulator builds, launch monitors, etc. For a guy that just took up the game and just short swing lessons, this sport mesmerizes me. The swing, the beauty of the equipment, the apparel. So, how much and what type of golf stuff do you watch?

None at all. A few years back I would occasionally skim through videos from the popular YouTube golf "personalities" but the inanity of 99% of that content quickly put an end to that particular entertainment habit.

Over the past 4-5 years I doubt I've watched even 20 hours of golf "content", total. That's TV golf coverage, YouTube, whatever. The past few months I'm pretty sure it's absolutely zero.

Pretty much the only thing that holds any interest for me is seeing a Tour event (or possibly a YouTuber who is a halfway decent golfer) play a course I'm really familiar with. But seeing as how there are no Tour venues that I've played regularly, that opportunity is very rare.

P.S. I don't do golf travel any more but when I did, it was often possible to find someone on YouTube doing some kind of course "vlog" or similar from a course I was getting ready to visit. That was always fun to see, added to the anticipation of the trip.

As far as regular TV, have gone from watching nearly everything to only majors and a few signature events. And even then the TV is muted mostly as the commentary has gone down the crapper. Now I do enjoy YouTube golf stuff. Some very enjoyable personalities there.

I enjoy watching some of the YouTube personalities for the on course play. It's entertainment in my eyes, and the ones I like show off some cool places and bring the laughs.

I used to be really into the equipment side of YouTube, but there's so much out there, and some of it's good information and some of it is really bad so I just avoid it.

I do typically keep whatever tour event is on going on my 2nd monitor at work (I have ESPN+), but that's about it! Haven't watched an instructional video on there in quite some time but curious what others enjoy.

I don't really watch a lot of golf stuff

Too much. LOL.
My wife says I'm obsessed. I am. Can't get enough golf. If it wasn't for YouTube I would have never heard of Manuel De La Torre or Ernest Jones. Watching YT has helped me improve my short game immensely. It also has put me into the swing doldrums and screwed up my swing and taken me months to correct. What I've learned is you really have to be careful about what you think is good instruction or tips.
I do enjoy watching some of the YouTubers that put out good, fun content like BDS (If you watch YT golf you know what channel that is). I've gotten to the point where I watch certain creators.

As far as professional golf I do watch alot of the tournament streaming on ESPN+, NBCSports, CBSSports and GolfChannel.

Just on TV. Men's majors, women's majors and some other LPGA coverage when the mood strikes me.

This is the best and most helpful thing I have ever watched about golf.

I watch bits, and pieces of the PGA, and LIV tours. I lean a little towards the LIV tour only because they show more golf shots from different players. Fewer interruptions..

That said I watch a lot more golf on You Tube, and Pluto. Not so much for their instruction videos, but actual competitions between two or more players.

You Tube also shows highlights of the best shots of various tour events. Some of their "Golf Fails" videos are fun to watch.

Pluto shows reruns of past PGA tournaments, as well as some of the past Majors. I don't remember who won these past contests, and there's that fewer commercial interruptions aspect.

Less YouTube instruction or equipment reviews and mostly LPGA tournaments. I do like enjoy the PGA tournaments when they're close and especially a playoff finish, but I'm less of a fan now that Woods is not relevant.

Used to watch every PGA televised event. Now, since LIV, it's more like the Korn Ferry Tour every week. Love the majors, but will enjoy even more when Tiger is 80, so I don't have to listen to the first hour of coverage telling me how he has a chance to win. Watch Youtubers, not for instruction, but the mental aspect, especially Golf Sidekick. funny stuff there.

Pretty much just the tournaments and of course the Kisner video as a reminder. YouTube is exhausting, go ahead and hit that like button.

If there was a THP lessons and gear thing I’d be all in. Maybe there is and I just don’t know it. I’d imagine JB would keep it a pretty tight ship and worth watching.

Very little compared to a decade ago. Being retired, I have the time but at age 59 I’m more interested in doing things rather than watching a sport or anything else on TV. I’m more likely to be on a golf course or boat on a weekend rather than watching TV. Part of it recently is the dilution of field from LIV and the other part is I can easily catch highlights live or almost live on my phone. We played during the Master’s this year on Friday but were able to catch highlights while out on the course. A decade ago I would have likely just stayed home and watched it live.

Too d@mn much
Too Damn High Rent GIF

I don't watch much, but I'm trying to find a few people who I like that I can have on in the background.

I'll turn it on when I can on the TV, I enjoy watching it. I do the same thing on weekend mornings with European soccer, just good stuff to watch while multitasking.

There’s no way I’d watch an hour long video of highlights from the Vokey Experience at Ballyhack. Just wouldn’t. There’s nothing interesting going on. I mean, these guys aren’t even famous and there wouldn’t be anything interesting to see. Goats? Really?

😉

I enjoy watching YouTubers play courses I may be visiting but that’s about it.

Golf is all I watch for sports and a little football. It's always on the tv. Not so much YouTube or influencers, PGA and LPGA

Back in the day I would watch the PGA Tour, European Tour, LPGA, and whatever the Korn Ferry Tour was called back then. Now it's really just the majors. I do watch a good amount of YT. Some of the creators are funny as hell and they play some great courses. The only instruction I will watch is Dan Grieve's short game stuff.

I will occassionally watch Rick Shiels or Bryson Dechambeau's content and we will sometimes have a tournament on muted in the background on a Sunday, but really only a couple of hours a month.

Tons. Missing WGP though :cry:

I'm not much of a TV watcher, spend a lot more time on my computer than I do in front of the TV. I catch a little LPGA if it fits my schedule, but their coverage is usually so sparse that it's difficult sometimes. I watch more LPGA than I do PGAT or LIV, just not a lot of interest in the week to week events on either of them. LIV has more of the golfers I'm interested in watching, I like the coverage and team format better, and it seems like it's less drenched in commercials than PGAT, so unless it's a PGAT major I'd choose to watch LIV if both were available.

Pretty much the only YouTube stuff I watch is if somebody links it here and it catches my attention enough to want to go watch it. I'm not into any of the "influencers", and the testers/reviewers like Shiels and Crossfield bore me to tears. I don't want to fill my head with tips lessons from miscellaneous YT instructors, I already have enough noise going on up there when I play. :ROFLMAO:

I stopped watching golf on TV. Between the announcers, the nobody’s on the leaderboards and the whining about LIV, I stopped.
What I do like to watch are some of the various club reviews on YouTube. I have maybe 4 YouTubers whose content I enjoy.

I watch most every golf tournament, from college to Asian Tour and everything in between. That's about covers most of my TV watching outside of football.

This never gets old…

Back