Search results for query: *

1. waz84

PXG Brandon

After having success with the PXG irons recently and hitting them well, I was intrigued by the putter. From an aesthetics point of view I loved the black shaft with the black head, however I am not too sure on performance and the took of a fancy face with their plastic elastomer just doesn't...
  2. waz84

anyone moved from srixon z745 to pxg?

I have been gaming srixon 745 for a while and enjoyed the good looks and performance. Found a different shaft at a PXG fitting that give me better numbers and tempted to change. Hit the 6 iron in the 0311 and numbers were good. How much more compact is the T model as they didn't have a head...
  3. waz84

3 wood vs driver

I am in a bit of a situation guys. A bad tee shot usually ruins my hole and the driver is tempremental, it is either straight or strong fade. I don't slice or fade any of my other clubs. My 3 wood is always straight and accurate, but only falls short of a straight driver hit by 20 yards. I am...
  4. waz84

Scottish Golfers

Any Hackers for the the Lothains area fancy organising an outing? If anybody attended the Scottish Golf Show and has free tickets for the Glen, Cragielaw etc we could get together and get an outing going. Anyone interested reply here along with free weekend dates and will see if we can organise...
  5. waz84

Garmin Approach G6

word of advice, the screen gets easily marked. I had one of those castle tees in my pocket and it marked the screen badly, get a screen protector on that screen!
  6. waz84

Advice on Gullane Scotland

Organising some golf for some friends coming from England and they want to play Gullane in Scotland. Can anyone recommend or give their views on Gullane no2 vs no3??
  7. waz84

Garmin Approach G6

I used to have a SGX and the reason I went for the Garmin was the size. The SGX is huge in comparison and I prefer the touch screen to the joystick on the SGX to be honest. Main thing I like about the SGX is the states tracking on CLUBSG online. Main issue was that half of the local courses...
  8. waz84

Garmin Approach G6

Had my Garmin for a week now. Found it great help on new courses, can easily see the overview of the whole and quick distances to all targets. Espically helpful when I have a blind shot and can't see the pin to get a distance with my Bushnell. Only issue I had is on some holes I found the...
  9. waz84

WANTED: Bushnell Pro 1M rangefinder slope edition

This aren't readily available in the UK and really want one since I sold my old Bushnell V2 and miss it. If someone doesn't have a used one but can source a new one and post to the UK I am happy to pay for that too :)
  10. waz84

Wedge vs Iron Flex

Just been fitted for i20 irons in regular CFS which I am hitting great. I have Vokeys in standard wedge flex which are due a replacement soon. Looking at Ping Tour S wedges and my local pro only have the wedges in KBS stiff. Does anyone use regular in irons and stiff in wedges? My Pro said my...
  11. waz84

My RBZ vs R11s vs 910D3 driver test

I an now playing of 17 and my driver has been improving radically. Been using a 910D3 for a few months and love the low spin face which keeps my ball down. Tend to fight the sweet spot is smaller than the likes of other drivers and I wanted a tad more forgiveness for days when I am not hitting...
  12. waz84

Your experience of putter shortening

I am looking to cut my Mizuno putter down by 1.5". There is a lot of discussion online about it messing feeling and weight. Has anyone cut their putter down this much and noticed a larger difference?
  13. waz84

Choosing the right shaft hosel

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of a plumbers neck, flared and centre shafted putters. Looking at a Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 which has a flared neck compared to the normal Newport which has a plumbers neck.
  14. waz84

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Line replacement

I see the California has been redesigned and new model coming out in a few weeks but what about the the Studio Select Line, is that due a rehash?
  15. waz84

For Sale Mizuno MP T101 putter

mint condition and 2 weeks old, fancy trying a Scotty which I have been offered for a short while. approx 33" in length. Mint condition. Marks in the groove are grass and dirty :D Looking for £120 + postage, can post to the US too.
  16. waz84

Going for a Titleist fitting

Fitting always intrigued me so I booked myself for a 90 min fitting at a Titleist centre here in Edinburgh in 2 weeks time. Really want to see if my shafts in my woods are right for me or not and also try the new range of 712 irons for myself. Anyone being to a titleist fitting and how did they...
  17. waz84

How long do you keep your gear for?

With the amount of marketing from the likes of Taylormade and other companies we all get sucked into the newest and greatest equipment but how much does it really affect your game. I though we would discuss how long you have gamed your clubs for and why you have or not have had the itch to...
  18. waz84

Need advice on Titleist 710 irons

I am aware the 712 AP2s are out next month, however a local shop is clearing AP2 710 models. At the moment the AP2s are priced £599-649 which will be the most likely price of the 712s when they are out next month. My local is clearing the 710s at £360 brand new which is 40% odd off. I am tempted...
  19. waz84

Titleist AP2 vs R11

For those who have hit the AP2s and have tried the Taylormade range of R11, TP CBs, how does the AP2s compare. Tried some Mizuno forged clubs and loved the feel but not the lack of forgivness.
  20. waz84

My outlooks on balls

Spent yesterday at the 9 hole trying out 3 balls, mainly NXT tours, Pro v1 and V1x. I am a 24 handicapper and my weak part of my game is my driving which can be either fantastic one day or wayward the next. I suffer from a slight baby fade on off days. I found distance wise I was hitting the...
Back