Wedge vs Iron Flex

waz84

Reaction score
Handicap
Just been fitted for i20 irons in regular CFS which I am hitting great. I have Vokeys in standard wedge flex which are due a replacement soon. Looking at Ping Tour S wedges and my local pro only have the wedges in KBS stiff. Does anyone use regular in irons and stiff in wedges? My Pro said my vokeys with wedge flex are actually stiff and I seem to hit them well! What are the pros and cons of using stiffer in the wedges and what do you guys who play regular in irons do with their wedges?

Just been fitted for i20 irons in regular CFS which I am hitting great. I have Vokeys in standard wedge flex which are due a replacement soon. Looking at Ping Tour S wedges and my local pro only have the wedges in KBS stiff. Does anyone use regular in irons and stiff in wedges? My Pro said my vokeys with wedge flex are actually stiff and I seem to hit them well! What are the pros and cons of using stiffer in the wedges and what do you guys who play regular in irons do with their wedges?
I actually prefer my wedges to be a bit softer in flex than my irons. I tried out the FST Hi Rev stiff and regular flex and liked the feel of the regular a lot better, even though I have S in my irons. When I talk about wedges, i'm speaking of the 52* and up as I use my PW and GW as more of a 10 and 11 iron and usually full shots and my 52, 54, 56, 58 for half shots, etc...

Hawk with the link up! Great info in these links, well worth going over.

They are a couple of my favorites. I actually had to re-read the article again because it's so good.

They are a couple of my favorites. I actually had to re-read the article again because it's so good.

haha, same here. Sometimes you skim just how much knowledge is dropped right here on THP. A flip through the archives is always fun and enlightening. For instance, on this topic I was about to claim that most wedge flexes will be stiff....without remembering where I read it.

I'm stiff in all clubs except the wedges where I have TT DG Spinners. I want something softer in those clubs plus additional spin.

Thanks for the links Hawk, was very informative. Going to go stiff with the wedges. I don't use them for distance shots so would rather have less flex for accuracy.

Not a problem. I'm glad you found them useful!

Back