Search results for query: *

1. Phil75070

Shot Scope Editing Issue - Dashboard

Anyone else having an issue with editing rounds on the Dashboard? I upload my round through the app, then edit my round using the Dashboard, only to hit the "Sign Off" button and lose all my edits when done. Of course, I contacted support, but there has been no resolution as yet despite going...
  2. Phil75070

"Consistency" - what does it mean?

Usually, when you arrange to get golf lessons, one question the instructor will typically ask is what you hope to accomplish. Many, including myself, will respond by saying we want to become "more consistent". But what does that mean? Score more consistently? We amateurs tend to beat ourselves...
  3. Phil75070

Missed putts - pattern?

Do your missed putts have a pattern? For example, for me, it seems I tend to play too much break on right-to-left putts, and not enough break on left-to-right putts. If you have or had a pattern of missed putts, how did you compensate for it? My distance control would be judged as pretty good...
  4. Phil75070

Whatever happened to "graphene"?

Graphene in golf balls, at least those made by Callaway, was all the rage back in 2018 when first introduced. Given its properties, the strongest and thinnest known material, it supposedly revolutionized golf balls, enabling the core to be larger, the outer cover to be thinner. Alan Hocknall, Sr...
  5. Phil75070

Advance Tee Time reservation Window

I have a question, but also a little rant. When we signed up for our annual membership just after the 1st of the year, one of the perks was a 14-day in advance booking window for tee times. Being retired and just playing weekdays, that works out great. We are typically first off, so we get up...
  6. Phil75070

What is your putting "style", speed-wise?

Are you more of a "die it at the hole" kind of putter, or someone who putts more aggressively and plays for the ball to go 12-18" past the hole? I am certainly a die it at the hole person. My mind is set so much to that style that I cannot even force myself to putt otherwise, no matter the putt.
  7. Phil75070

Do you think the pros appreciate....

Do you think the pros appreciate the fact that they play on some of the finest and most exclusive courses in the world? Or, do they just kind of take it for granted.
  8. Phil75070

Should the USGA choose more courses like LACC?

Instead of the usual suspects, Oakmont, Pebble, Shinnecock, Winged Foot, etc. etc. etc., should the USGA start looking for some different courses to be future sites? Granted, there is a lot of history and tradition to some of these mainstays, but wouldn't a little more variety spice things up...
  9. Phil75070

Any big surprises when you were last fit?

Anything really surprise you in your last fitting? I got fit for a driver recently and there were several surprises for me: - My efficiency with my current driver, Callaway Epic Flash, was consistently 1.51-1.52! - My swing speed was much lower than I thought - ~80mph - At my age and swing...
  10. Phil75070

What do you think of this driver comparison chart?

I was moving around in the PXG website and came across this comparison chart for drivers. Curious if others think there is any validity to it. It does show the PXG Gen 6 having the best dispersion, but doesn't show it being the longest. Here is what they say about how they tested:
  11. Phil75070

PXG Heroes Deal for Fittings

PXG is giving 90% off on fittings for those eligible for Heroes pricing. Heroes90 is the code to use at checkout. I scheduled a driver fitting at the Dallas PXG store for Thursday. Cost? $5.00 for the fitting.
  12. Phil75070

How do you measure your personal best?

The thread or which is more likely to happen for you this year, eagle or a new personal best, gave me reason to think. How do you determine your personal best? Is it raw score? Is it number under par? Is it the most number of strokes below course rating? For example, which would you consider a...
  13. Phil75070

Alert! Shot Scope V3 issue - you may need to re-pair device to the app/phone

Played a round today, got home and my V3 would not pair with the app; it kept going back to prompting me to "Connect", no matter what I tried, signing out, deleting app, downloading the new version of app, etc. Finally went to Blue Tooth on the phone and chose to "forget" device. The went back...
  14. Phil75070

New Model from Sqairz

Sqairz just introduced a new model, Speed Bold, that comes in a variety of colors. It has the same square toe but is a one piece upper that comes with two sets of laces, white and a color, to change the look. https://sqairz.com/products/speed-bold?variant=43795893649632
  15. Phil75070

Question for any Veterans on the forum

How many of you are aware that, as a veteran, you can salute the flag during the playing of the National Anthem and a couple of other instances? For those of you who do know this, do you do it or don't salute, as you would feel awkward being in civilian clothes?
  16. Phil75070

ShotScope Update - WOW!

ShotScope has done an update to both the online Dashboard and the app. The changes are mostly in the rounds area, with a whole different look on the Dashboard. Editing in both places is where the big change has taken place. Instead of dragging shot locations, you can move or "nudge" them using...
  17. Phil75070

Vice Pro Zero - anyone play it?

I am having some pretty decent success playing the Vice Pro Plus, surprisingly, since their website says it is for players with swing speeds 110 mph or greater! I go through their fitting tool and despite changing a couple of answers, it always seems to come back to recommending the Pro Zero...
  18. Phil75070

Which hand dominates in putting stroke?

I heard Azinger say, over the weekend, when talking about left-hand low putting, that the left hand is "just along for the ride". When I have putted with this grip, I've always felt it was the opposite, but as I think about it.... With a "normal" grip for the left hand, variations of the claw...
  19. Phil75070

Cataract Surgery Outcomes?

A little background first. Well over 20 years ago I had Lasik eye surgery with a great result for many, many years. As my eyes have aged, in the last several years I've gone back to wearing glasses for distance just to sharpen things up a bit, possibly due to my astigmatism or the fact that I've...
  20. Phil75070

Patriot Golf

I received an email from my golf association indicating I had been specifically chosen to receive and review a new driver from Patriot Golf. I was given a special invitation code which I was to use when calling the phone number provided. I called, the number took me directly to Patriot Golf, and...
Back