New Model from Sqairz

Phil75070

Proud Member of Team THP - 2018 #TheGrandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.3
Sqairz just introduced a new model, Speed Bold, that comes in a variety of colors. It has the same square toe but is a one piece upper that comes with two sets of laces, white and a color, to change the look.

Not crazy about the Sqairz logo on the side, would look a lot cleaner if it only the back logo as opposed to both back and side.

Not bad looking. I like the different color options.

The heel cup graphic is a nice touch, but honestly it feels like they went backwards in terms of style and improvements

I actually don’t think they look too bad from the side, but the early 90’s square toe is a hard no for me, even if it does add yards to my drive (which I struggle to believe it does).

I actually don’t think they look too bad from the side, but the early 90’s square toe is a hard no for me, even if it does add yards to my drive (which I struggle to believe it does).
The square toe, I feel, adds to the comfort level of the shoe more than anything. It really isn't that noticeable when wearing them unless you want to use that square toe as an aid to alignment.

As far as adding yards to drives, I'm in my mid 70's and should be losing distance. Now, I can't tell you drive to drive that any one is longer than I'm used to. I'm not good enough to have consistent contact from one drive to the next. However, using Shot Scope I can tell you that, according to the data, my average drive has increased by 7 yards since starting to wear Sqairz. A lot of things can contribute to that, but me, my equipment, the balls I use, haven't really changed, pretty much just the shoes. Perhaps that impact comes more at the bottom end, where I have fewer really poor drives due to slipping or bad balance, which these do help with as well.

They are comfortable, very waterproof, help with balance and stability, and traction is the best of any golf shoe I've ever worn. I do not exaggerate when I say I have never had a foot slip while wearing these shoes, other than when stepping in pure, sloppy mud. As someone who has suffered two broken bones over the years due to slipping on a golf course, traction is paramount to me, and these excel at that.

Full disclosure: I do not work nor am I associated with Sqairz in any way. I just think they are the best golf shoes I've ever worn due to the combination of factors, and I've been playing golf a long, long time, since the 1950's.

not sure what I think about the looks of these. would need to see them in person

The square toe, I feel, adds to the comfort level of the shoe more than anything. It really isn't that noticeable when wearing them unless you want to use that square toe as an aid to alignment.

As far as adding yards to drives, I'm in my mid 70's and should be losing distance. Now, I can't tell you drive to drive that any one is longer than I'm used to. I'm not good enough to have consistent contact from one drive to the next. However, using Shot Scope I can tell you that, according to the data, my average drive has increased by 7 yards since starting to wear Sqairz. A lot of things can contribute to that, but me, my equipment, the balls I use, haven't really changed, pretty much just the shoes. Perhaps that impact comes more at the bottom end, where I have fewer really poor drives due to slipping or bad balance, which these do help with as well.

They are comfortable, very waterproof, help with balance and stability, and traction is the best of any golf shoe I've ever worn. I do not exaggerate when I say I have never had a foot slip while wearing these shoes, other than when stepping in pure, sloppy mud. As someone who has suffered two broken bones over the years due to slipping on a golf course, traction is paramount to me, and these excel at that.

Full disclosure: I do not work nor am I associated with Sqairz in any way. I just think they are the best golf shoes I've ever worn due to the combination of factors, and I've been playing golf a long, long time, since the 1950's.

Phil, It is nice to see how pleased you are with Sqairz shoes. I have a bad trail knee. Do you think Sqairz might help since it offers a stable shoe or hurt, where it might restrict the knee movement - which is great for a sway. But, not so good with a knee problem. Thanks!

Phil, It is nice to see how pleased you are with Sqairz shoes. I have a bad trail knee. Do you think Sqairz might help since it offers a stable shoe or hurt, where it might restrict the knee movement - which is great for a sway. But, not so good with a knee problem. Thanks!
I don't know what to tell you. When you say you have a bad trail knee, I don't know how/when it gives you the most pain. I don't know how you swing a club. Before my knee replacement on my trail knee, long before Sqairz, the most pain I experienced was as I was coming off my right side and, in essence, twisting my knee frontward. I can't see any shoe having a positive impact for that motion in the swing. Maybe the folks at Sqairz can provide some insight. Maybe give them a call at 1-888-793-7779 during normal business hours.

I like the shape, not so much the branding, I would go for the lime green ones...

I like the shape, not so much the branding, I would go for the lime green ones...
For some reason, the Sqairz branding on the shoe doesn't bother me as much as the big "N" on New Balance shoes. :)

I hovered over the thread URL and somehow got sixteen emails in my spam folder 👹

Really looking forward to playing with my new shoes.
The wide toe box does feel great.

These look a lot better than the last version visually

IMG_0997.jpeg
I received a pair of these yesterday in the white/navy and took them out to my 9 hole league match. I like the look of them in person, they also included a pair of blue laces that I might sun in. They were very comfortable on the course. Having the additional room in the toe box definitely helps with comfort. As to the companies other claims we will see. Yesterday was a horrible ball striking day for me so will need way more rounds to evaluate.

Walked around a bit in them and the seem quite comfortable. Really looking forward to the wider toe box.

I can’t do these. They are ugly..

View attachment 9192527
I received a pair of these yesterday in the white/navy and took them out to my 9 hole league match. I like the look of them in person, they also included a pair of blue laces that I might sun in. They were very comfortable on the course. Having the additional room in the toe box definitely helps with comfort. As to the companies other claims we will see. Yesterday was a horrible ball striking day for me so will need way more rounds to evaluate.
Those look pretty good

I just received a pair of the Speed Bold as well and will test them out tomorrow. I walked a bit in them and the sole feels solid, not a lot of give. Glad they have a wider toe box since I wear an extra wide shoe.
the shoe feels snug so I worry about having the right size, but I imagine there is a break in period. I may wear these to the range a few times first before I go out and walk a full round just in case.
The large logo and flat toe are my only gripes about the look, but the overall shoe is fairly clean. The second pair of laces is a nice touch

I will add a 2nd positive review for Sqairz.

I like Love the wide box. Do I play better?? Who knows but my feet sure feel good.
I stepped in a pretty big wet patch the other day not realizing how much water was there and my feet stayed dry, I was kinda surprised. They are full leather uppers but not all shoes will stay dry when you have water as over the sole.

These shoes are really well made. I will def be buying a 2nd pair at some point.
I got these at xmass time for $99 when they were half off.

And still no wide sizes..............that's a big NO for me

They are going the wrong way with this one. The upper looks terrible. Even the writing on the upper looks bad. I was hopeful they’d design something nice. This isn’t it.

Back