Odyssey DART Putters

Thanks for the feedback TC and the honesty. I have never gotten my hands on any of the Dart putters but from what you just described the backstryke sounds like a great putter that had alot of thought put into it.

I'm planning to head to Golf Galaxy tomorrow to take a look at these and some other Odyssey putters. The alignment concept is interesting to me, but I'm not sure I'll like the head shape. I'm definitely waiting to pass judgement until I roll them though.

You would be correct CL. I learned a very valuable lesson tonight: I am in fact, an internet golfer. I never wanted to like the Dart, solely based on its looks. I've never given a mallet style putter the time of day, why you might ask? Because I've laways thought they were ugly, and there's no way I wanted to look down at one. I couldn't have more been more narrow minded in all my life.

I loved the simplicity of using the Backstryke Dart. You set it flat on its sole and it gives you an ideal shaft lean forward, you aim it, which is incredibly easy to do, and you put a good stroke on it. I made 12 putts in a row from about 15' with this putter.........right handed!!!

I was dumbfounded, I want to like the blade version, I don't want a putter "shovel" in my bag. I'm no different than the guys I constantly drop the "boom" on when it comes to their distastes of toplines and offset. I'm still shocked with the results so I've had to relax and recap.

Here's what I found: this particular putter helped take more of my brain out of the equation. This putter puts itself in the right positions at address and it's my job to just put the stroke on it. And the results of trusting this putter were outstanding.

In summary, I very well am on my way to being a mallet guy, and for the first time in my golfing life, I don't mind saying that.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!
That is impressive and very surprising to say the least! I have great interest in this thread for obvious reasons and hearing you digging on a Backstryke DART is a complete shock to me!

I have rolled every kind of DART that is available in my local shop and while I do love the ease of alignment I just wasn't ever sold on the appearance. I'm going to be giving these another very close examination and the bottom line is this; if they help me make more putts thus winning more holes at the Morgan Cup, that is exactly what I'll be gaming.

After going back and re-reading TC's comments, I'm even more excited to give these a look. After all, at the end of the day, whatever makes the ball go in the whole will find its way into my bag!

I'm not a fan of the alignment system. There is just too much going on for my liking. Glad to hear I am in the minority.

You would be correct CL. I learned a very valuable lesson tonight: I am in fact, an internet golfer. I never wanted to like the Dart, solely based on its looks. I've never given a mallet style putter the time of day, why you might ask? Because I've laways thought they were ugly, and there's no way I wanted to look down at one. I couldn't have more been more narrow minded in all my life.

I loved the simplicity of using the Backstryke Dart. You set it flat on its sole and it gives you an ideal shaft lean forward, you aim it, which is incredibly easy to do, and you put a good stroke on it. I made 12 putts in a row from about 15' with this putter.........right handed!!!

I was dumbfounded, I want to like the blade version, I don't want a putter "shovel" in my bag. I'm no different than the guys I constantly drop the "boom" on when it comes to their distastes of toplines and offset. I'm still shocked with the results so I've had to relax and recap.

Here's what I found: this particular putter helped take more of my brain out of the equation. This putter puts itself in the right positions at address and it's my job to just put the stroke on it. And the results of trusting this putter were outstanding.

In summary, I very well am on my way to being a mallet guy, and for the first time in my golfing life, I don't mind saying that.

What a interesting read. This is truly something I never thought Id read. As someone with two Backstrykes in my collection I like reading this.

As someone who has been playing a 2 Ball for several years now, I can see the even bigger advantage with this putter. The “arrow” looks strange at first, but I also said the same about the 2 Ball. I love my 2 Ball putter. I’m gonna have to check this one out to see if it’s gonna be any better than mine.

What a interesting read. This is truly something I never thought Id read. As someone with two Backstrykes in my collection I like reading this.

You've always told me to give the Backstryke a shot and I just wasn't willing to. How naive of me.

As someone who has been playing a 2 Ball for several years now, I can see the even bigger advantage with this putter. The “arrow” looks strange at first, but I also said the same about the 2 Ball. I love my 2 Ball putter. I’m gonna have to check this one out to see if it’s gonna be any better than mine.

I always pushed putts with the 2ball, but there's something so ridiculously simple about the alignment of this putter. I can garauntee you that the ball goes where you aim it.

Great stuff TC! When you said you found one that worked for you I immediatly thought of the backstryke because I know you currently love your center shafted putter. I hope you make a lot of putts with it at the Morgan Cup(just hoping they are not eagle and birdie putts :smile:)

Great stuff TC! When you said you found one that worked for you I immediatly thought of the backstryke because I know you currently love your center shafted putter. I hope you make a lot of putts with it at the Morgan Cup(just hoping they are not eagle and birdie putts :smile:)

Thanks ddec, I really appreciate that.

I think the golf gods are smiling down on you and your confession....godspeed my son, roll them straight

The local golftec has a lot of the dart line in stock, and putting with them I haven't seen a particular increase in my alignment or my putting.

They did not have the backstyrke though, and while I did not like the 2ball version I would still give the DART a couple of rolls. Ultimately though, I am not in the market for a new putter right now- so any test rolls are just that. Tests.

I always pushed putts with the 2ball, but there's something so ridiculously simple about the alignment of this putter. I can garauntee you that the ball goes where you aim it.

Just wondering which setup did you have? Center shaft or traditional placement? I noticed when trying them out that the traditional placement if you didn't keep it closed it was very easy to push it. With the center shaft this easily went away keeping your stroke straight through.

Just wondering which setup did you have? Center shaft or traditional placement? I noticed when trying them out that the traditional placement if you didn't keep it closed it was very easy to push it. With the center shaft this easily went away keeping your stroke straight through.

I've never owned one, just rolled them in the store my man.

The insert on the dart putters feel fantastic! I'm going to see if I can get more comfortable with the alignment aid.

I've never owned one, just rolled them in the store my man.

Gotcha. I for one love the center shaft setup. It's very hard to push putts for me. Pulls on the other hand happen haha.

Gotcha. I for one love the center shaft setup. It's very hard to push putts for me. Pulls on the other hand happen haha.

I hear ya on the center shaft setup. It's one of the reasons I went with the backstryke to be honest, it gives me the visual appearance at address of a center shaft and it just makes me feel comfortable.

TC, what are some of the advantages to a center shafted putter?

I hear ya on the center shaft setup. It's one of the reasons I went with the backstryke to be honest, it gives me the visual appearance at address of a center shaft and it just makes me feel comfortable.

I tried the Dart putters and liked them much more than I expected. I am frantically lookng for a new puttter. I keep bringing out my old ones from the closet. I thought the alignment lines were very helpful. I struggled with finding proper speed.

TC, what are some of the advantages to a center shafted putter?

I tend to keep them on line better to be honest. I don't push them near as much as I do with other models.

That's good to know buddy. I'm gonna try the backstryke a little more then before I make my choice.

I tend to keep them on line better to be honest. I don't push them near as much as I do with other models.

That's good to know buddy. I'm gonna try the backstryke a little more then before I make my choice.

Hands down, my favorite of the 3 dude. Just be open minded.

Haha you know me man! I will definitely take a look. I felt awkward holding it but you know that old saying...

Hands down, my favorite of the 3 dude. Just be open minded.

I have been very intrigued by the backstryke and putted them many of times because of that but for some reason I just could never like them, I was very inconsistant.

Are you an arc or SBST person?

Back