Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

My wife plays the M4 senior flex-it's hands down her favorite club!

My favorite is the M5 also in a senior flex. I love that club!!!! I don't think I've hit a bad shot with it yet. It is money on some of the par 3 tee shots and when I'm not feeling confident with my irons, I find myself reaching for that club and wishing they made Mashies in 6,7,8 & 9. Haha!

I love the M3 Mashie and I have no doubt Setho will be posting soon on the M3 Tour Model mashie. He was smoking the M3 today:thumb:

Just got back from my first range session with my Mashie M3. It's hard to hit a bad shot with it, that's for sure. Making solid contact is simple. My swing with this club calls for a pretty big draw so I am going to have to get used to that. By mistake, I found that it is possible to work it both ways, but it sure does prefer a draw over a fade. The club has no resemblance of being closed. It is a pleasure to hit out of the grass, but I found my self hitting it low and straight off of the tee. Nothing wrong with that, but I would prefer for it to be higher for the par 3 tee shots. Will it be the 1st club I don't use a tee for? Possibly. Once I figure how much is enough to play for the draw it's giving me, I'll be knocking them dead. This head is a pleasure to hit, especially off the turf and the lightness of the shaft makes it feel awesome. I look forward to hitting it more.

You know what was funny at our demo day today. No one wanted to hit the Mashies except two ladies that I have been raving about them to. Everyone wanted to hit the drivers and irons. Poor Mashies sat over in their bag looking all pitiful. You can tell none of those guys at the range today have been on THP.

Nice seth, what shaft did you come out with

I came out with an 83 gram stiff flex. This club is like cheating it is so easy to hit. I tried it beside my MC 3 iron and I was consistently 10 yards longer. I feel that i can go after this club if I needed to where I always have to hit my 3 iron very smoothly in order to hit it straight. Putting a 3 hybrid in the bag will give me a few more options.

Way to go! Cool vid by Kelly bo

KellyBo is the best!

I had a really bad day playing golf yesterday. Nothing was working really well except my Mashie. This shot on a 145 yard par 3 with the M5 made me feel better. It really is the easiest and most accurate hybrid I've ever hit.

Nice shot KB! The Mashie just seems automatic once it's dailed in. Nice work!

If you take the first hole snap hook into the water out of the equation, the Mashie was 5 for 5 in FW's hit for me yesterday. Testify!

I went out for 18 holes yesterday. I seemed to struggle the whole day with my long clubs going left. First it was my driver and then the Mashies did the same thing. I am not sure what I was doing, but every time I hit them they went dead left. I don't know if on the course I get nervous and grip to hard or I am just trying to hard. I just can't seem to take my great shots from the range to the course. I was able to have a good shots last Friday with them, but yesterday they sucked. I hope to make it back on the course this week to get some more course time with them. I think I need to spend more time on the course with them right now rather than on the range.

Testify! The Mashie can certainly be a fiarway finding machine. do you find yourself wanting to pull the driver out when you see the results with the Mashie? Like 'If I hit the driver half as well as the Mashie I'll still be a little longer' or do you just get into Mashie Mode and keep going with what's working?
If you take the first hole snap hook into the water out of the equation, the Mashie was 5 for 5 in FW's hit for me yesterday. Testify!

This is my big issue, especially after hitting a great tee shot or a good second shot. the second I get to within scoring range I try to hit a perfect shot instead of just hitting a shot
I went out for 18 holes yesterday. I seemed to struggle the whole day with my long clubs going left. First it was my driver and then the Mashies did the same thing. I am not sure what I was doing, but every time I hit them they went dead left. I don't know if on the course I get nervous and grip to hard or I am just trying to hard. I just can't seem to take my great shots from the range to the course. I was able to have a good shots last Friday with them, but yesterday they sucked. I hope to make it back on the course this week to get some more course time with them. I think I need to spend more time on the course with them right now rather than on the range.

Testify! The Mashie can certainly be a fiarway finding machine. do you find yourself wanting to pull the driver out when you see the results with the Mashie? Like 'If I hit the driver half as well as the Mashie I'll still be a little longer' or do you just get into Mashie Mode and keep going with what's working?

This is my big issue, especially after hitting a great tee shot or a good second shot. the second I get to within scoring range I try to hit a perfect shot instead of just hitting a shot

Yesterday I still hit driver a few times but look at the results: 3 out of 6 fw's.

Yeah, I figure if I'm gonna duff my approach shot it will happen whether or not I have a 7i or PW into the green lol.

Hanks, the M1 has shelved my current driver unless I'm feeling like taking a gamble. The last distances I was seeing were easily some 3w's and definitely putting me in great spots.

Yesterday I still hit driver a few times but look at the results: 3 out of 6 fw's.

so you're going M1 over 3w then ?

Yeah, I figure if I'm gonna duff my approach shot it will happen whether or not I have a 7i or PW into the green lol.

Hanks, the M1 has shelved my current driver unless I'm feeling like taking a gamble. The last distances I was seeing were easily some 3w's and definitely putting me in great spots.

You know it! My 3w was money too. I could sometimes out drive my driver with that 3w but the M1 is just too consistant. I don't know if it was the ball but I got 239, 241 off the tee with it. I could probably tee off all day and shave a few strokes off my game.

Once I figured out where to set it up for me and just the swing. It's automatic.

so you're going M1 over 3w then ?

Interesting....I may need to pick a 3w that I like and stack that up against a M1 to see which will work better for me. Thanks Yoccos, back to pondering for me

You know it! My 3w was money too. I could sometimes out drive my driver with that 3w but the M1 is just too consistant. I don't know if it was the ball but I got 239, 241 off the tee with it. I could probably tee off all day and shave a few strokes off my game.

Once I figured out where to set it up for me and just the swing. It's automatic.

No problem broski. If you're hitting your other Mashies well, I have no doubt you can find your groove with the M1. I dont top it or hit it fat even half as much as my old 3w. I get a push or that pull hook every now and then but really, it's becomming a thing of the past.

Interesting....I may need to pick a 3w that I like and stack that up against a M1 to see which will work better for me. Thanks Yoccos, back to pondering for me

Yay, I got some course time with the Mashies today and they performed pretty well. I had three shots in particular that I was impressed with, two of them par 3 tee shots. My favorite, though, was the punch out from underneath a tree that rolled out about 100 yards and set up 15 or so off the green. My normal hybrid launches too high immediately, while the Mashie stayed nice and low, so this gives me a new shot in the bag. I also really liked that shot because the pitch it helped set up went into the hole for a birdie!

Love it dude. The M3 is just such a weapon. How did the tee shots end up?

Yay, I got some course time with the Mashies today and they performed pretty well. I had three shots in particular that I was impressed with, two of them par 3 tee shots. My favorite, though, was the punch out from underneath a tree that rolled out about 100 yards and set up 15 or so off the green. My normal hybrid launches too high immediately, while the Mashie stayed nice and low, so this gives me a new shot in the bag. I also really liked that shot because the pitch it helped set up went into the hole for a birdie!

Yoccos, I think you and I need to hang out a bit at the outing ( or maybe before) so you can help me get some M1 love. I cant get the M1 to work for me in the few times I tried it and I can understand it cause the Nickent that I have and hit fairly well is just as long and looks to be very similar.

You know it buddy. One thing that really worked well is I moved the ball position to just maybe a ball or half a ball forward from my M3 position.

Yoccos, I think you and I need to hang out a bit at the outing ( or maybe before) so you can help me get some M1 love. I cant get the M1 to work for me in the few times I tried it and I can understand it cause the Nickent that I have and hit fairly well is just as long and looks to be very similar.

Love it dude. The M3 is just such a weapon. How did the tee shots end up?

Actually both off the green but one was blown off by wind (just a bit) and the other was a bad break hitting a hill on the green and rolling off. I was ecstatic happy to see the M4 hit my yardages exactly. The M3 will almost certainly play the hole exactly when I have to back up to the blue tees during tournaments or league nights. I'm still waiting to be set up 200 yards out on a Par 4 or 5 and hit the green.

That has to be a great feeling to have a club to combat those long par 3's. Those used to scare the bejeezus out of me. Definitely update us on how it works during tourney's and league nights.

Actually both off the green but one was blown off by wind (just a bit) and the other was a bad break hitting a hill on the green and rolling off. I was ecstatic happy to see the M4 hit my yardages exactly. The M3 will almost certainly play the hole exactly when I have to back up to the blue tees during tournaments or league nights. I'm still waiting to be set up 200 yards out on a Par 4 or 5 and hit the green.

Well, have to give a big thanks to everyone on this thread (though my wife may disagree when she sees the credit card bill). Recently joined THP and bought an M3 solely on the feedback from this thread. Then added the M2 and M4 after the recent Cleveland Demo Day here.

Only played one round with them plus a couple range sessions, but they are everything I expected. Very easy to hit,etc., etc., as we've heard - one major benefit I want to iterate to those still on the fence: this club helps me focus on a smoother swing more than any other I've ever hit. I tend to get too much tension in my hands (I know, the only one with that issue, right?) with a really quick release and its amazing how much better the results are when you just chill a bit with a smooth swing.

I do think having M2/M3/M4 is overkill for me so I am trying to decide on M2/M4 (plus maybe the 17* 3 wood) or M1/M3. Appreciate any comments from those going through the same process. May come down to which irons I pick up for this season and how well I hit the 4/5 iron in that set (if I hit them well, then not as much need for the M4 and I'll likely go M1/M3).

Thanks again to all and look forward to being an active participant on THP.

Welcome to THP....there may be no such thing as Mashie overkill though, especially if they all work for you
Well, have to give a big thanks to everyone on this thread (though my wife may disagree when she sees the credit card bill). Recently joined THP and bought an M3 solely on the feedback from this thread. Then added the M2 and M4 after the recent Cleveland Demo Day here.

Only played one round with them plus a couple range sessions, but they are everything I expected. Very easy to hit,etc., etc., as we've heard - one major benefit I want to iterate to those still on the fence: this club helps me focus on a smoother swing more than any other I've ever hit. I tend to get too much tension in my hands (I know, the only one with that issue, right?) with a really quick release and its amazing how much better the results are when you just chill a bit with a smooth swing.

I do think having M2/M3/M4 is overkill for me so I am trying to decide on M2/M4 (plus maybe the 17* 3 wood) or M1/M3. Appreciate any comments from those going through the same process. May come down to which irons I pick up for this season and how well I hit the 4/5 iron in that set (if I hit them well, then not as much need for the M4 and I'll likely go M1/M3).

I game the M2/M4 witht he 17* FW right now and am in love with it. I will say though, an M5 is in my near future, they are just too easy...and I hate my 5i lol.

Back