Is Golf A Sport?

• YES!

Votes: 157 94.6%
  • NO!

Votes: 9 5.4%

• Total voters
I'm catching up. You should have seen me a few months ago when I was catching up on a thread. Someone else complained about me bringing something back up but many people were laughing and saying "wait til he gets to the part where we are supposed to stop" hahaha.

Haha that was hilarious!

I spent a long time catching up on this and I must say that this thread has turned into a joke. Being Jeff Overton I thought I would come in and say that golf is definatley a sport, i work just as hard to be good at what I do as Ray Lewis does to be good at football. I played college basketball and I played it well and I will be the first to say that golf is a sport. but like every sport, there are professionals and there are people that do it for fun. I can not decide for anyone if they view it as a sport or a hobby. BTW, Thainer is pale!

Mother nature doesnt stop a football game, unless its lightning, doesnt stop soccer either. I would venture to say that any of us that could hit as many balls a day and get our specs dialed in and practice for hours a day could make it into the single digits. I dont care if Jerry Rice worked with average joe blow for a year if he didnt have the physical ability, he would suck at football.

Well, Jerry Rice could not even make it on the Nationwide tour and I am pretty sure he got fitted and had plenty of time to practice. he is one of the mst prestine "athletes" but yet couldnt make it in golf.

I think his bloodlines run all the way back to george clooney, he was pretty good in leatherheads.

this was hilarious!

I spent a long time catching up on this and I must say that this thread has turned into a joke. Being Jeff Overton I thought I would come in and say that golf is definatley a sport, i work just as hard to be good at what I do as Ray Lewis does to be good at football. I played college basketball and I played it well and I will be the first to say that golf is a sport. but like every sport, there are professionals and there are people that do it for fun. I can not decide for anyone if they view it as a sport or a hobby. BTW, Thainer is pale!

Well, Jerry Rice could not even make it on the Nationwide tour and I am pretty sure he got fitted and had plenty of time to practice. he is one of the mst prestine "athletes" but yet couldnt make it in golf.

this was hilarious!

Jeff Overton? I know you said that before but I thought it was a joke.

ole Clay is going to get on this thread tonight after school and realize he's created a hot one :thumb:. We got college football stars, nascar racing stars, bow & arrow shooting stars, skeet shooting stars, bowling, arm wrestling, boxing, basketball, ping pong stars, and drunk ole gray tackling friends on the golf course star, and finally, one PGA star making posts!

ole Clay is going to get on this thread tonight after school and realize he's created a hot one :thumb:. We got college football stars, nascar racing stars, bow & arrow shooting stars, skeet shooting stars, bowling, arm wrestling, boxing, basketball, ping pong stars, and drunk ole gray tackling friends on the golf course star, and finally, one PGA star making posts!

you forgot semi pro surfers gray lol

Actually, that should be nascar stars, racing is redundant. (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing racing). That's kinda like an Automated Teller Machine machine. hehehe

you forgot semi pro surfers gray lol

my bad dude! I also left out the sumo wrestling tour, snipe hunting tour, mud wrestling tour, etc. yada dada doo :D

Is luge a sport? I mean it's just sledding isn't it?

Is luge a sport? I mean it's just sledding isn't it?

What's a luge? Some sort of big log you ride down the side of a mountain :confused2:

everytime i read luge i feel the need to spit

everytime i read luge i feel the need to spit
luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge

luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge luge

that was funny....lol

You have that option at our outings each year.

I dont do that much traveling, I work alot, I travel to Aventura, FL every now again to visit a friend of mines. I dont like planes...

Golf is a sport. But I can't stand people who say, "Yeah I excercise. I play golf." Don't confuse golf with streneous excercise.

Golf is a sport. But I can't stand people who say, "Yeah I excercise. I play golf." Don't confuse golf with streneous excercise.

wait, I tell my wife that all the time. I come home and act extra tired like I had a hard day, I dont want her to know I have that much fun

No it doesn't.

It pretty much does, long as i dont yell fire when there is not one, bomb on a plane, or some kind of threat towards the President, everything else is pretty much ok.

It pretty much does, long as i dont yell fire when there is not one, bomb on a plane, or some kind of threat towards the President, everything else is pretty much ok.

you forgot one...you also can not say golf is not a sport! hehe

This may be one of the most unique posts I have ever seen. Its not even close to being correct, but it is certainly unique.

Umm, then it doesn't give you the right to say whatever you please. And define "pretty much". Because that doesn't sound like whatever you please either.

Back