Taylormade Penta TP Giveaway #3

Which radio show episode did you listen too?

Its the one thats on the homepage right now. Has some great stuff about golf balls.

Its the one thats on the homepage right now. Has some great stuff about golf balls.

Cool thanks, i'm subscribed to the pod cast so maybe I need to catch up on the episodes....

Cool thanks, i'm subscribed to the pod cast so maybe I need to catch up on the episodes....

I had to subscribe twice on iTunes before it finally picked it up. I hope its fixed now.

I had to subscribe twice on iTunes before it finally picked it up. I hope its fixed now.

I'll try it today at lunch when I get home......

Think of it this way - if you had people come into your restaurant and you asked them about the burger you served - you would ask them specific questions about that burger - the flavor of the meat, the texture of the bun, if the condiments enhanced or detracted from the taste of the burger. Then you might ask them to compare your burger to a burger from XYZ, but first you want to know how your burger rates before you rank the two burgers.

That's what I would like to hear in the reviews - a review of whatever ball, tee or club the person is reviewing and then if they want, a comparison, but the main point of a review is to tell about the performance of the product being reviewed.

I think you hit the point that there's really two ways (or preferences) on how to review something. Each reviewer tends to write up something based on what they prefer to see in a review. But now that you've pointed this out, perhaps individuals in the future will take the time and effort to address both perspectives...

To me reviews are nothing more than a starting point if I'm looking to purchase something. The fact that a certain number of folks might say this, or that about a piece of equipment, does not mean that me, with my abilities, is going to have the same out come. My own out come could be worse, the same, or it could be better than the reviewers consensus.

This Penta ball for instance. I will be playing 18 holes later today with it. Regardless of how this ball plays for me, good, bad, or indifferent, I am not going to put much stock in it's playability. Not because of the ball mind you, but because this will be the first time in well over 2 weeks I have played, let alone hit any club in earnest. Strength, and stamina are the main issues for me today. In other words my swing today will not give the Penta ball, or any ball for that matter, any justice. My plan is to play it for 8-10 rounds to give the ball a fair shake. Then, and only then will I compare it to what have accomplished in the past with my normal game ball.

Guys lets keep this thread about the giveaway. We have an Official Penta Testers thread for people to share their opinions on. Thanks.

Hey JB will you announce who is going to get the Penta balls or will you let it be a suprise????

It is just going to be a surprise. We are going to send out 10-12 care packages tomorrow.

Sent one my way... You can sent it with the magazine!

I entered because I am willing to try any ball that claims it can make my game better. Which if you listen to golf marketing is every ball ever made.

I entered because I am willing to try any ball that claims it can make my game better. Which if you listen to golf marketing is every ball ever made.

mchepp,
Did you listen to the latest THP Radio show the gentleman from Taylormade on? He talked about that very thing and I found it really interesting.

mchepp,
Did you listen to the latest THP Radio show the gentleman from Taylormade on? He talked about that very thing and I found it really interesting.

Yes, I did listen it was a great and informative interview. I was hoping you would catch my comment. I really think your work on the radio gets better each week. I think you and GG are getting more comfortable and it shows.

I download them onto my Ipod and listen on my way to work.

Yes, I did listen it was a great and informative interview. I was hoping you would catch my comment. I really think your work on the radio gets better each week. I think you and GG are getting more comfortable and it shows.

I download them onto my Ipod and listen on my way to work.

With a 5.3 HC, I'm very interested in ow you view these Penta balls. Not that I'll see similar results, but because they are made for all skill levels. Good luck and let us know when you try them.

edit: wether THP sent or other.

A bunch of these will be heading out today. Thanks everybody for signing up.

Last edited:
The first 7 sample packs just left THP Headquarters via the USPS. We will send out another 7 here coming up tomorrow.

Okay, we did manage to get 12 samples out today and rather than a surprise, here are the 12 THP forum members that will get the 1st batch being sent.

Setho
h2ojon
White Rhino
hawk308
Clay Cribbs
dannyka
Esox
CTech
rsd1244
Sacul1573
Mchepp
SlamminSam

If you did not get chosen for this one, do not worry, we will be doing another Penta giveaway very soon.

Remember if you did get chosen, we want to hear from everybody as they get the packages. We will be putting up a new thread called THP Taylormade Penta Trial Take 2, and we hope everybody can post their thoughts, pictures, and reviews in that thread. Thanks.

Okay, we did manage to get 12 samples out today and rather than a surprise, here are the 12 THP forum members that will get the 1st batch being sent.

Setho
h2ojon
White Rhino
hawk308
Clay Cribbs
dannyka
Esox
CTech
rsd1244
Sacul1573
Mchepp
SlamminSam

If you did not get chosen for this one, do not worry, we will be doing another Penta giveaway very soon.

Remember if you did get chosen, we want to hear from everybody as they get the packages. We will be putting up a new thread called THP Taylormade Penta Trial Take 2, and we hope everybody can post their thoughts, pictures, and reviews in that thread. Thanks.

Congrats everyone.....:clapp: can't wait to hear your feedback!

Heck yeah!!!! I can't wait to put this thing into play this weekend. Thanks JB, GG THP and TaylorMade!

Congrats everyone!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this ball (especially the higher handicappers).

Whoo hoo! Thanks THP and TM, looking forward to reviewing!

Very cool! Man you guy's are in for some fun. Congrats and can'y wait to hear the results.

Heck yeah!!!! I can't wait to put this thing into play this weekend. Thanks JB, GG THP and TaylorMade!

Hey Seth just make sure you hit it past the ladies' tees alright. :D

Back