Taylormade Penta TP Giveaway #3

Re: Taylormade Penta TP Giveaway #3

Adidas TP said:
I've already told 5 people to register, Why not right!

Banned in 3,2,1......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned in 3,2,1......

I myself was going to mention the 5 posts in a row to get the required 5 posts lol.

But aaaaaaaaaaaanyways...

I've entered. Thanks for the opportunity. These balls are not just for right handed players, are they?

Kevin

Banned in 3,2,1......

Why would someone be banned for that? They were clearly trying to get to their 5 posts. Despite what you think, our banned list is tiny. In fact with the exception of random spammers, we have banned less than a handful of people in 18 months. We could increase the number I guess. :alien:

My entry is in. Thanks yet again to Taylormade and THP!

Is it correct to assume that whoever wins needs to be able to play them soon and with all the snow on the ground I wouldnt be able to... I didnt see anything in the rules but wanted to make sure.

Banned in 3,2,1......

Is it correct to assume that whoever wins needs to be able to play them soon and with all the snow on the ground I wouldnt be able to... I didnt see anything in the rules but wanted to make sure.

Not necessarily. We would like them to be able to play them fairly quickly, but it is not a criteria necessarily.

That is an interesting view point, and of course you are right. The thing is, folks are going to play this ball, and then compare it to what ever ball they are currently playing . I could go play multiple, 18 hole rounds with it while not using a different ball. I could make notes as to how it played off the tee, from the fairway, and around, or on the greens for my style of play. The notes could all be positive. After multiple rounds of golf, the balls thorough, more complete pattern of playability would manifest itself. However, in the end, if I am thinking of making a switch, I am still going to compare it to the ball I am currently playing. It seems to be a double edge sword. I think what your view point has brought up is that any piece of equipment, when looking for playability needs to be look at over a period of time, and it own playability documented. After a thorough testing, over a period of time, then the comparison can be looked at. I don't think using a piece of equipment (in this case a golf ball) for a few holes then, then deciding on it's playability is enough for viable testing parameters. Glad you brought that up. :clapp:

I think the comparisons have a place - just not in the review. If someone can't review without a one-to-one comparison - then they are asking the wrong questions. I agree though - I like the long-term reviews like the ones Craig and Harry did with clubs or when people reviewed a ball and posted follow-up reviews after playing with the ball again.

Sorry JB. It's sort of on topic.

I've entered. Thanks for the opportunity. These balls are not just for right handed players, are they?

Kevin

Kev, I think TM sent JB some of the left hand balls. I certainly hope so since I too am a lefty.

Left handed golf balls are a good thing. I once bought a pack of left handed tees with out knowing. Took a while to figure out my ball flight problem. :D
Kev, I think TM sent JB some of the left hand balls. I certainly hope so since I too am a lefty.

I think the comparisons have a place - just not in the review. If someone can't review without a one-to-one comparison - then they are asking the wrong questions. I agree though - I like the long-term reviews like the ones Craig and Harry did with clubs or when people reviewed a ball and posted follow-up reviews after playing with the ball again.

Sorry JB. It's sort of on topic.

Diane, when you review the Vanitees, are you not compairing them to what you have used before? Good, bad, or other wise I want to know how they compare and how they perform.

Diane, when you review the Vanitees, are you not compairing them to what you have used before? Good, bad, or other wise I want to know how they compare and how they perform.

Think of it this way - if you had people come into your restaurant and you asked them about the burger you served - you would ask them specific questions about that burger - the flavor of the meat, the texture of the bun, if the condiments enhanced or detracted from the taste of the burger. Then you might ask them to compare your burger to a burger from XYZ, but first you want to know how your burger rates before you rank the two burgers.

That's what I would like to hear in the reviews - a review of whatever ball, tee or club the person is reviewing and then if they want, a comparison, but the main point of a review is to tell about the performance of the product being reviewed.

When it comes to equipment I really want to know how it performs to other's out there. I'm not testing the ball out for the company as much as for the other members on here. A big part of it is the time of year, weather and course conditions. How did this ball hold up compaired to that one. I do have a problem when I see anothers offering being trashed by a reviewer, but these comparisons are part and partial to testing the product.

When it comes to equipment I really want to know how it performs to other's out there. I'm not testing the ball out for the company as much as for the other members on here. A big part of it is the time of year, weather and course conditions. How did this ball hold up compaired to that one. I do have a problem when I see anothers offering being trashed by a reviewer, but these comparisons are part and partial to testing the product.

I think that the reviewers who have done comparisons recently were much less objective than those who did staright reviews. I think that's what you're seeing when you say the product is being trashed.

We will be sending out the 1st batch of these tomorrow, so get your emails in.

Look forward to hearing more reviews on these. Im intrigued after hearing what the TM guy had to say on the THP Radio show.

Email is in... Thank you HP!

Look forward to hearing more reviews on these. Im intrigued after hearing what the TM guy had to say on the THP Radio show.

Which radio show episode did you listen too?

Back