Nike SQ MachSpeed Driver

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
This driver also just arrived at our office. Here are a few unboxing photos and more will be coming from the driver shoot-out.

751681610_uDD7v-L-1.jpg

751681624_eNByG-L-1.jpg

751681609_Qw8Lv-L-1.jpg

751681606_rv7WZ-L-1.jpg

751681597_iTZDo-L-1.jpg

751681595_vLr7M-L-1.jpg

Not sure i really like the looks (square head) but if it works, then who cares
I know the Dymo was fantastic so i hope it is very similar.

I think Nike makes the best looking square headed drivers out there....IMO. The way they incorporate some rounded accent lines on the top of the club makes it look 'less square.'

Not sure I like this one as much, but I tend to not like the look of any square driver.

+1 Osahar. Perhaps we should try them? (I know I have never even hit one!)

+1 Osahar. Perhaps we should try them? (I know I have never even hit one!)

I haven't tried the Nike's since the Sumo2 models, and was only able to hit those into nets at Dick's. Have tried the Callaway FT-iQ back in the spring at the range, but I just didn't like how the driver felt as much as the FT9 or Hyper X.

That does look different!

Fugly!

-JP

I am really liking that driver. Cant wait to see how it does in the DSO.

I really like the look of this driver. Very different and I hope it preforms well as I need a new driver as I have never had a new one in my life....second hands from my dad.

I haven't tried a square driver yet either, I guess I need to. Smalls why don't you pick up one of these and we'll give it a go!

I was kinda thinking something similar yet different!

(Let's talk Jeff into getting one! hehehe)

any idea if this driver will be available with a more traditional looking head? kinda like the dymo/dymo2?

They have the VR also.[/QUOTE]

yep, just noticed. i guess i got a wee bit excited! thanks though

Took about 10 swings on the range with this one just now and it surprised me a little bit. This one does not really suit my eye as much but works quite well. If someone fights a slice, this could be the ideal driver for them. The head definitely feels as though it promotes anti slicing and a straight ball, but then the added ability to move the head from open to closed is a nice touch.

It does not have the same overall feel as the VR driver does, but reminds me a lot of the FTi (not FTiq) in terms of feel and ball flight. But I do believe that it has a much hotter face than that of the FTi (which I liked a lot)

JB, which one did you prefer? It sounds to me like you liked the VR better overall at this point but I would like to hear more about this driver as I am very interested in trying one out.

I woulud say I preferred VR driver.

JB, which one did you prefer? It sounds to me like you liked the VR better overall at this point but I would like to hear more about this driver as I am very interested in trying one out.

I woulud say I preferred VR driver.

After using these a little more for review purposes, I do prefer the MachSpeed to the VR. Both are quite good, but I get a little more distance out of the MachSpeed.

JB,

Have you gotten used to the set up with the MS vs the VR?

Looks rarely bother me after a few swings, so that part I am fortunate about. Thick top lines, odd clubs, etc..., they have never really bothered me at setup. I would be lying if I said I didnt have preferences, but after about 10 swings, I was fine looking at this one. It flat out works too.

Re: Nike SQ MachSpeed Driver

I have NO problem with square heads, but I just find the asthetics unattractive on this club series. Maybe it will grow on me...

I just held this driver in hand and almost fell in love. I love the aesthetics. It's 2010 people!

Two questions for JB and or GG.

1) Will they offer a variety of shafts that are easy to interchange similar to an imix or r9 setup?

2) Being a square head that us suppose to promote more forgiveness thus straighter drives, why do you think it was unable to crack the top 5 in the driver shootout for accuracy?

Back