California Golf Outting?

Hahaha I'll take it. Nobody actually played great but we did have a great time.

Those scores were graded on the curve :)

Sorry, i still don't get it. Did you play on an executive course? What was par for the course? :confused2:

Sorry, i still don't get it. Did you play on an executive course? What was par for the course? :confused2:

Nothing to get bonk, just a bit of an inside chuckle amongst those that were there today. Today we played at Pacific Palms resort, specifically the Ike course, roughly 6300yds, par 72, rating of 70.4 and a slope of 130.

Tomorrow we are going to play at Birch Hills which is an executive course (par 59) in Brea for those who know the area.

Today we played at Pacific Palms resort, specifically the Ike course, roughly 6300yds, par 72, rating of 70.4 and a slope of 130.

Tomorrow we are going to play at Birch Hills which is an executive course (par 59) in Brea for those who know the area.

OK, I'm really confused now.

Just leaving pacific palms now. Was great playing with some fellow hackers even though we all struggled a little. Looking forward to tomorrow for another great day on the course.

Scores=

Ctech - 78
White rhino - 80
golf Chick - 83
me - 123 (due to a 42 on 15)

Great group of people and look forward to playing with them all tomorow.

So GC shot +11, C-Tech + 6, etc.? I think those are great scores!

Re: California Golf Outting?

bonknhead said:
OK, I'm really confused now.

Just leaving pacific palms now. Was great playing with some fellow hackers even though we all struggled a little. Looking forward to tomorrow for an

So GC shot +11, C-Tech + 6, etc.? I think those are great scores!

The scores I posted were actually a joke. We all scored much higher than the numbers I posted but we did have fun.

Just wanted to intimidate the others showing up today making the others think we were single digit handicappers.

I did put a 42 on my card but it was more like a 15 haha. Hit a drive into some thick rough and couldn't for the life of me get the ball up.

Oh yeah and I did have one great wedge shot where the ball actually went almost 90* to the right and ended up about 10ft behind me on te opposite side of the fairway. I was really proud of that one haha

it seems like you guys are having a blast! thanks for sharing some pics Rhino, that was great. Ya'll have fun.

it seems like you guys are having a blast! thanks for sharing some pics Rhino, that was great. Ya'll have fun.

+1. Have some fun out there and get some more "back" pic's of GC, lol.

The course looked nice, what little we have seen so far. It's not about how well you play at something like this, is it? Have a good time.

Looks like fun, thanks for the pics.

Hey....I didn't know you were taking pictures ;) haa haa haa

:wink:

Today should be fun as well :good:

thedue said:

The course looked nice, what little we have seen so far. It's not about how well you play at something like this, is it? Have a good time.
Well it's more about having fun but I must say it would have been nice to play my best round of golf without all of those oh f*** shots haha.

Nice thing is we get to play another round today. I've got my sights on CTech haha. He's going down today!!

The scores I posted were actually a joke. We all scored much higher than the numbers I posted but we did have fun.

Just wanted to intimidate the others showing up today making the others think we were single digit handicappers.

I did put a 42 on my card but it was more like a 15 haha. Hit a drive into some thick rough and couldn't for the life of me get the ball up.

Oh yeah and I did have one great wedge shot where the ball actually went almost 90* to the right and ended up about 10ft behind me on te opposite side of the fairway. I was really proud of that one haha

He was proud of it cause it almost hit me!!! Hey wait you "almost" hit me twice yesterday!!:at-wits-end: It's war today buddy!!! :zsimpsons:

Yesterday's course like I mentioned was a brute, if anyone comes out here and wants a nice challanging course, the Ike and the other course, the babe will test your golf skills to the max. Today will be alot more forgiving. More pics will be comming. Stay toooooned!

Yesterday's course like I mentioned was a brute, if anyone comes out here and wants a nice challanging course, the Ike and the other course, the babe will test your golf skills to the max. Today will be alot more forgiving. More pics will be comming. Stay toooooned!

My uncle has a place out there some place, I'll have to find out where for sure. However, challengings not what my game needs :D. Can't wait to see the pics of todays fun.

White Rhino said:
He was proud of it cause it almost hit me!!! Hey wait you "almost" hit me twice yesterday!!:at-wits-end: It's war today buddy!!! :zsimpsons:
Well you shouldn't have been standing there :).

Lucky for you we are in different groups. That is of course if I don't slice it over to the next fairway.

Good morning my so cal friends. Were up and going eating breakfast at ihop (stuffed French toast anyone) then off to the course. See everyone soon. And thanks for the pix wr!

Bet these guy's are out for a drink and laughing at all us stuck in the snow, lol. Hope they had a good time!

thedue said:
Bet these guy's are out for a drink and laughing at all us stuck in the snow, lol. Hope they had a good time!

Just got back to the hotel. We all had a WONDERFUL time. Beautiful weather and good people. Also thank you THP for the sleeve of e6 bridgestone. That was extremly thoughtful. And thank you GG for the wonderful note that came with.

What a FUN time it was today. And it was HOT out there!! Thank you JB and GG for the kind words and the balls :)

It was also great meeting everyone as well!

*hugs*

Hi all!! The balls the CLG82 and GC are referring to is this; Bridgestone was nice enough to provide a sleeve of e6 golf balls for everyone who showed up to today's fun :clapp::clapp::clapp:. I thought it was an extremely generous thing to do and was very appreciated by everyone who attended. Everyone had alot of fun, the day was perfect for golf as others have stated ( sorry those in poorer climate states and countries) . It was nice to put faces with the names that come to this site, and it is something I hope to do more of in the future. We had four contest holes, two closest to the pin and two longest drive. Once of my friends (a future THPer) won both long drive contests but Golf Chick and Pumas won the closest to the pin which they won fabulous prizes. Ok I feel I am rambling here, one pic for tonight, that is a group shot:

CalifGolf8_1.jpg

From left to right we have : CLG82, Provisional, C-Tech, Pumas, Dzdncfsd, White Rhino, Golf Chick (faceless of course :D) and GC's boyfriend.

I am sure there will be other pictures from this weekend's event showing up from the others who attended and I very much look forward to the next one of these we can put together. Way to go THPers!!!!

I'm wearing a THP shirt, I :love: it :good: Thanks GG again for the capris :D

Great pic and sounds like a great time. GC and Pumas coming home with the gold, good job! The sites not been the same all day without you all, but I'm sure it will get real exciting when we start hearing all the stories, lol.

I see a lot of untucked shirts happenin there, lol.

Great pic and sounds like a great time. GC and Pumas coming home with the gold, good job! The sites not been the same all day without you all, but I'm sure it will get real exciting when we start hearing all the stories, lol.

I see a lot of untucked shirts happenin there, lol.

It was HOT Duey!!! H-O-T!! Needed the air flow :)

Unfortunately, it was a Par 3 hole and I ended up triple bogey-ing it...my putting has been horrendous lately :nono:

White Rhino said:
Hi all!! The balls the CLG82 and GC are referring to is this; Bridgestone was nice enough to provide a sleeve of e6 golf balls for everyone who showed up to today's fun :clapp::clapp::clapp:. I thought it was an extremely generous thing to do and was very appreciated by everyone who attended. Everyone had alot of fun, the day was perfect for golf as others have stated ( sorry those in poorer climate states and countries) . It was nice to put faces with the names that come to this site, and it is something I hope to do more of in the future. We had four contest holes, two closest to the pin and two longest drive. Once of my friends (a future THPer) won both long drive contests but Golf Chick and Pumas won the closest to the pin which they won fabulous prizes. Ok I feel I am rambling here, one pic for tonight, that is a group shot:

CalifGolf8_1.jpg

From left to right we have : CLG82, Provisional, C-Tech, Pumas, Dzdncfsd, White Rhino, Golf Chick (faceless of course :D) and GC's boyfriend.

I am sure there will be other pictures from this weekend's event showing up from the others who attended and I very much look forward to the next one of these we can put together. Way to go THPers!!!!

I enjoyed the balls they gave us. But they don't float!!!! White rhino you forgot to tell me that the lake was to the right too :p

I enjoyed the balls they gave us. But they don't float!!!! White rhino you forgot to tell me that the lake was to the right too :p

How many balls did you lose? I lost 2 of them today :(

:thumb: I am glad the event turned out great! It sure looked like a lot of fun! Shorts-weather, huh!?.... :banana: That gives us golfers in the colder climates some hope!

Back