Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we just need the right exclamation point since the previous one will not work right.

How would you feel if the exclamation point had a bit of a bend in it, i.e big lots! logo, use the same exclam as before before but just bend it a little.

Just a quick input here guys:

While alot of these designs are great and very creative, I don't mean to knock on anyone here at all because any effort is appreciated, but what kind of logo is THP going for here? I know simple was mentioned, but to me, Clip art with some text seems a little too simple. Wouldn't something graphical yet simple be the best way to attract the eyes of people viewing it?

In my opinion i'd have to vote for the original logo. It looks the most high quality in my eyes.

How would you feel if the exclamation point had a bit of a bend in it, i.e big lots! logo, use the same exclam as before before but just bend it a little.

At first thought, GG & I did not care for the idea, but we would have to see it.

Just a quick input here guys:

While alot of these designs are great and very creative, I don't mean to knock on anyone here at all because any effort is appreciated, but what kind of logo is THP going for here? I know simple was mentioned, but to me, Clip art with some text seems a little too simple. Wouldn't something graphical yet simple be the best way to attract the eyes of people viewing it?

In my opinion i'd have to vote for the original logo. It looks the most high quality in my eyes.

I think the idea was to take the letters and words away from it and just have a simple logo. We can add works or more afterwards. But I do like your idea of more graphical and I know you are pretty talented yourself with this stuff. Any ideas for us?

At first thought, GG & I did not care for the idea, but we would have to see it.

I think the idea was to take the letters and words away from it and just have a simple logo. We can add works or more afterwards. But I do like your idea of more graphical and I know you are pretty talented yourself with this stuff. Any ideas for us?

Oh I did not know we were excluding words and letters from the logo, my apologies. If I generate some ideas I'll give it a shot.

What do you mean by graphical?

We are not necessarily excluding words, because in the end, they will be included on a lot of the stuff. But we do want a logo to stand on its own too.

Since the key idea doesn't seem like that can work then I say we go back to the exclamation point. We all liked that and I think it still works great and we will just have two use a 2-D ball so it can be replicated on clothing as well. We want to keep the logo consistent across all forms of THP Media.
What sort of replication technique on clothing do you have in mind? Painting or embroidery? And what size?

In case of a smallish embroidered logo, would it be OK if some of the detail was lost in replication? If not, simple designs are the only way. If so, much fancier, detailed logos would be possible, for the benefit of all other forms of THP Media.

The goal is not apparel obviously, but one company has offered to do some shirts for us personally (not to sell). But we do want to make something that down the road can be done if we decide to go that route. We really do not want to change the logo again, so THP Media has one that stands the test of time.

I am also more of a fan of simple anyway, because I just think simple logos stand the test of time more. However I have seen some intriquite ones with a golf clubs that look really cool.

I really like this in some weird way. If it was a golf ball and the "fire" was green.

stock-vector-fire-logo-10290418.jpg

Not sure in the end how it would look, because again it is pretty detailed, but its different and unique.

Here is another one that brought back an idea I had last week. An arrow made up of golf balls. I believe it would be hard to replicate in other areas, but I think it would look cool.

stock-vector-arrow-vector-illustration-with-business-conception-14233537.jpg

The problem with intricacy in your case is in what it communicates. Detailed crests and fancy scripts work well to communicate tradition, conservativeness, and elegance, not modernism, style, or innovation.
Simplicity is definitely the way to go here.

I like this one a little bit too.

stock-vector-dots-background-vector-12456415.jpg

JB, could you name some companies that you consider to be your biggest competitors?
Research is such an important part of this process, we've been basically ignoring it.

JL,
I would rather not, because with what we are looking at doing, we are not trying to compete or follow anybody. Just be different and do our own thing.

Fair enough. I just thought it may help to ensure this company being as unique as it can be.

Sorry Dent, here's another one that would not even score a C- in Kindergarten! Mostly due to inadequate SW tools* (and I am getting sick of that! Nice break from doing my taxes though!), but then again, I am not getting any sharper at my advanced age .. :D

exclamation.png

* even experimentation with colors or re-proportioning the dimensions is an ordeal, that seems to mess up the quality of the image..... But as always, I think you get the idea (exclamation point / golf ball flight).

A golf ball with wings, since THP is soaring above all others? Just for an idea:

stock-vector-winged-icon-featuring-golf-ball-29956234.jpg

Sorry Dent, here's another one that would not even score a C- in Kindergarten! Mostly due to inadequate SW tools* (and I am getting sick of that! Nice break from doing my taxes though!), but then again, I am not getting any sharper at my advanced age .. :D

exclamation.png

* even experimentation with colors or re-proportioning the dimensions is an ordeal, that seems to mess up the quality of the image..... But as always, I think you get the idea (exclamation point / golf ball flight).

Not going to lie. GG and I both really LIKE this one. Cleaned up obviously, but we like it.

Not going to lie. GG and I both really LIKE this one. Cleaned up obviously, but we like it.
As mentioned, I can't do the clean-up, perfectioning of it. I hope one of the gurus (e.g. _JL_) will see something in it and fix it up!

I actually like that idea. Clean, simple, and golf.

But it's missing something. I have no idea what though.

Bacon maybe? No, that's not it.

That is pretty nice, 3.0! Definitely my favorite concept of yours.
I'll see what I can do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back