Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, and nobody does, it's just cool to see the name and sport tied together in an image.
THP can still mean all of those things, but it's refreshing to present it in a fun theme that you don't often see within the golf world.
I think it would make the site feel fresh and progressive, where golf is usually thought of as so classical and structured.

You missed my point. I think you guys should stop focusing on the name and focus on what the company is about. What do you want people to take away when they look at the logo? It can be stylized, but it has to have meaning to make it memorable. Otherwise - you risk people remembering it, but not having any idea what it's for.

JL
If taht is the case, how about a sickle? for hacker.

JL
If taht is the case, how about a sickle? for hacker.
If you want people to think this place is depressing as hell, go for it.
Let's pretend this was a site where people came to vent about their horrible rounds. The sickle would be awesomely appropriate.

Take a look at these links.
http://www.outlawdesignblog.com/2009/30-wildly-creative-logos-that-showcase-animals/
http://dzineblog.com/2009/01/54-kick-ass-creative-logos.html
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/09/beautiful-and-creative-logo-designs-for-your-inspiration/
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/80-creative-and-well-designed-logos/
The logos are often just a play on the company name, regardless of what the company actually does.
The effect the viewer gets doesn't come from the literal object represented, but from the cleverness of the solution based on the name.

Take a look at these links.
http://www.outlawdesignblog.com/2009/30-wildly-creative-logos-that-showcase-animals/
http://dzineblog.com/2009/01/54-kick-ass-creative-logos.html
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/09/beautiful-and-creative-logo-designs-for-your-inspiration/
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/80-creative-and-well-designed-logos/
The logos are often just a play on the company name, regardless of what the company actually does.
The effect the viewer gets doesn't come from the literal object represented, but from the cleverness of the solution based on the name.

That's an awesome website those logos are so clever.

Ok sticking with the sickle idea...without being too axe murderish (I just made that word up) could we do something with the sickle (or some object like that) slicing through a golf ball?

I swore I wasn't going to chime in again, but I kinda like the paradise flower and flag pole. I wish I thought of that for my site. What about changing 3 of the petals into one of each of the initials. Eg, one petal is shapes like a T, another an H and the other a P. So you could see it if you really look at it. Then use a clean simple font below the flower spell out the entire name.

Okay, I'm done...this is good stuff, though!! Very creative people on this site!!

Ok sticking with the sickle idea...without being too axe murderish (I just made that word up) could we do something with the sickle (or some object like that) slicing through a golf ball?
Honestly, I thought the sickle was just a joke.
I think it would be hard to play on that word since it is the only word in the name that means golf. If the name was something like "Hacker Golf Co," then absolutely, have fun with sickles and whatnot because the golf part is already established. I think if we are going to try and be clever about tying the name and logo together, we have to play on Paradise.
What do you think about the Hawaiian flower/flagstick I posted earlier?

Here's that logo again, with a compatible font and different colors.
Picture13-1.jpg

I don't know if you guys had any specific colors or fonts you want, but sometimes its nice to see everything together.

Picture13-1.jpg

I don't know if you guys had any specific colors or fonts you want, but sometimes its nice to see everything together.

JL, that is some fantastic work. You've got some real talent there. But that logo says "Hawaiian hotel" to me, not golf magazine/website. I just don't see it planted on hats, shirts, magazines, etc.

Honestly, I thought the sickle was just a joke.
I think it would be hard to play on that word since it is the only word in the name that means golf. If the name was something like "Hacker Golf Co," then absolutely, have fun with sickles and whatnot because the golf part is already established. I think if we are going to try and be clever about tying the name and logo together, we have to play on Paradise.
What do you think about the Hawaiian flower/flagstick I posted earlier?

Picture13-1.jpg

I have to agree with HL on this one, it just seems more about tourism to me. Not really my thing. It does not always have to be a play on words. It can be of course. But as mentioned, it has to be an identifier. The sickle was a joke at 1st and then thought about having one rip threw a golf ball sounded fun. I dont know if it could work and it most likely would not. Just looking for some image that sticks. Not sure if we have even tapped on it yet. But I know that when someone finds it, I think we will know instantly.

Last edited:
Another Idea?

Another Idea?

Hey guys,
woke up out of a dream to sketch this up, i was super tired so rip on the logo not the drawing ability. Maybe a skilled graphic-person could fix this puppy up.

Let me know whatcha think? Sorry if its too big...
ps-that 3 thing on the P is an accident.

photo-1.jpg
[/IMG]

It's such a dumb fear but I am honestly afraid of them. They just freak me out.

I have a 300 lb friend that played college football that is "EXTREMELY" scared of birds. so your not alone on this one GG

I am giving my brain a break for a few days. I will see if I have anything fresh when I start thinking about it again.

A couple of ideas keep popping into my head and I wanted to run it by you guys and see what your thoughts are

1. Just a box. With the letters T H P on each side of the box symbolizing thinking outside the box. Dont know how it would look or work, but liked the idea behind it.

2. The 2 words Hackers & Paradise diagonal both using the same A as they cross with a small The on the top.

3. Just a golf ball with a shoe inside of it.

4. Just 2 thin diagonal strips going from top left to bottom right in avocado and white. I like 3 better but as GG just pointed out to me, adidas uses that.

Again, just things that have come to me in the last couple of hours and not sure any work, but the name of this game is thinking out loud I guess.

Another one that GG and have talked about is this.

grass or a divot on the ground with grass clippings in the air above it as if a person just took a swing.

That is it, nothing fancy and then underneath it, we can put THP or THP Meda or The Hackers Paradise

JB, I like that you have thrown out those ideas, we have something to play on now. :banana:

I had a thought of a golf ball, cut in half, and out of it you could put whatever objects you feel portrays THP. as if when you cut the golf ball in half, it released the man things that go along with golf.

One last try...

4350614919_7fd5cd397b.jpg

Colors can be anything

Not shooting your idea down at all but about a page or 2 back, JB and GG both said that a palm tree was pretty much out of the picture

One last try...

4350614919_7fd5cd397b.jpg

Colors can be anything

Not shooting your idea down at all but about a page or 2 back, JB and GG both said that a palm tree was pretty much out of the picture

I am pretty anti palm tree but JB kind of likes the look of this palm tree you just did Rbelbin. What if the trunk of the tree was a golf back, the palms were clubs somehow, and keep the golf balls like you have them? I am still not sure I am sold on the palm tree idea but I am trying to be open minded.

I am pretty anti palm tree but JB kind of likes the look of this palm tree you just did Rbelbin. What if the trunk of the tree was a golf back, the palms were clubs somehow, and keep the golf balls like you have them? I am still not sure I am sold on the palm tree idea but I am trying to be open minded.

Golf back? I think with all that it would get complicated quickly...

I just had another idea, but don't have the time today to mock it up...
Paradise for me is a drink in hand... so with that in mind...
Have a drink with the top half of the H, the T would be an umbrella, and the P could stick out of it to the right as a flag/stir stick. Could be too complicated.

Something like this...http://www.ampm.com/liveassets/bp_internet/ampm/ampm_retail/STAGING/local_assets/images/180x144_mixed.jpg

Last edited:
Golf bag she meant.

Golf back? I think with all that it would get complicated quickly...

I just had another idea, but don't have the time today to mock it up...
Paradise for me is a drink in hand... so with that in mind...
Have a drink with the top half of the H, the T would be an umbrella, and the P could stick out of it to the right as a flag/stir stick. Could be too complicated.

I didn't mean back I was typing faster then my brain was processing it was supposed to say golf BAG, sorry about that!

Cool - figured it was a typo!

What about this just being the left hand side of the H? in THP?
stock-photo-cocktail-bar-drink-paper-umbrella-water-reflection-3270650.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back