Status
Not open for further replies.
I fattened up the black lines....

4348363133_98d25e25a7_o.png

The lines still seem a little skinny to GG and I. Mostly on the P

My worry is with the argyle pattern itself. if it is any smaller than that size, you won't even be able to tell what it is.
Just imagine trying to embroider something like that 2 inches wide on a polo shirt.

My worry is with the argyle pattern itself. if it is any smaller than that size, you won't even be able to tell what it is.
Just imagine trying to embroider something like that 2 inches wide on a polo shirt.

I agree with that completely, but remember that even a patch on a shirt is going to be 2 inches or so, so it could be done. But we are open to anything still.

While I agree with most of what you say, we still want to make sure that it says golf somehow or is implied. That is what my struggle is right now.

I'm not a designer, but what if you make the oval into the green - with the argyle. With the THP on the green instead of the flag. Add a flagstick. Just a thought.

I'm not a designer, but what if you make the oval into the green - with the argyle. With the THP on the green instead of the flag. Add a flagstick. Just a thought.

I believe that was done a couple of pages ago actually.

I believe that was done a couple of pages ago actually.

Sorry - I haven't read every post here. I missed that. I shouldn't multi-task - back to work.

Oh, then you are going to love the new look of the Argyle, I understand what you are saying though

Here are a couple simpler ideas:
Picture1-70.jpg

I know I don't have the THP quite right, but you get the idea.

JL,
GG and I both really like where these are headed. Is it possible to make the golf ball look more like a golf ball? We both thought it looked more tech than golf ball. Is it possible to incorporate all 3 into the design without it looking too busy? Or 2 out of the three?

JL,
GG and I both really like where these are headed. Is it possible to make the golf ball look more like a golf ball? We both thought it looked more tech than golf ball. Is it possible to incorporate all 3 into the design without it looking too busy? Or 2 out of the three?
I would stay away from combining ideas. When you have too many elements, they compete for attention, thus lessening the impact of all the elements. I'll try combining them if you just want to see what it looks like, but it's basically never a good idea.
I'll certainly work on making the golf ball look more like a golf ball, though.

I would stay away from combining ideas. When you have too many elements, they compete for attention, thus lessening the impact of all the elements. I'll try combining them if you just want to see what it looks like, but it's basically never a good idea.
I'll certainly work on making the golf ball look more like a golf ball, though.

I can see your point there and I was afraid combining them would be too busy. I just wish there was some way to tie both style and golf together into one logo to really convey to people what THP is all about. It's not just equipment and it's not just style it's both and everything in between at the same time. We truly are a lifestyle company.

I am horrible with graphic desing, but here is something I threw together that someone maybe could clean up

th_thp25.png

sorry for the mini me version

thp25.png

I like that one!

We both like it to, the only issue we see is that the cross club thing has been done a LOT! Not a bad idea though.

I can see your point there and I was afraid combining them would be too busy. I just wish there was some way to tie both style and golf together into one logo to really convey to people what THP is all about. It's not just equipment and it's not just style it's both and everything in between at the same time. We truly are a lifestyle company.
That's where you have to trust your audience. You don't have to tell them everything they should be feeling, they should be able to make those associations naturally. Take the nike swoosh for example - The physical swoosh says nothing about sports, but it still gives the viewer a feeling of speed, style, and action, which are things they automatically associate with sports.
I'll give you another example. Let's say you meet someone at the bus stop and they make the statement "I am cool." Would you then actually think they are? No way. You have to let people make their own judgments about how cool you may or may not be. A logo has to be the same way.
Just because you want to communicate golf doesn't mean the logo has to have all kinds of golf-y things in it. None of the major golf companies do. Doing so may even ave the opposite effect that you are after, just like telling someone you are cool.

JL,
Is it possible to make the golf ball look more like a golf ball? We both thought it looked more tech than golf ball.
Here's one more golf ball looking
Picture2-35.jpg

We both like it to, the only issue we see is that the cross club thing has been done a LOT! Not a bad idea though.

What about using different clubs, like a putter and a driver? Or would it still look too much like other "cross club" designs?

That's where you have to trust your audience. You don't have to tell them everything they should be feeling, they should be able to make those associations naturally. Take the nike swoosh for example - The physical swoosh says nothing about sports, but it still gives the viewer a feeling of speed, style, and action, which are things they automatically associate with sports.
I'll give you another example. Let's say you meet someone at the bus stop and they make the statement "I am cool." Would you then actually think they are? No way. You have to let people make their own judgments about how cool you may or may not be. A logo has to be the same way.
Just because you want to communicate golf doesn't mean the logo has to have all kinds of golf-y things in it. None of the major golf companies do. Doing so may even ave the opposite effect that you are after, just like telling someone you are cool.

Well Said!!!

None of the major golf companies do. Doing so may even ave the opposite effect that you are after, just like telling someone you are cool.

I agree with everything you said, except this really. All the company logos you are comparing it to have a product that is out there to be seen so that people will quickly identify it with what they produce. This however is not really the case for THP Media, Inc. It could become one down the road and our hopes are that it does, but in the end, we want a person to see our logo and like it, and not have to ask what it is about.

I learned very quickly that you don't have long to make an impression and a first impression means everything. I still want people to identify THP Media and more specifically THP with golf lifestyle.

Take your example of Nike for example. While the swoosh is the symbol/logo that means Nike and sports for them, they went away from that when they created Nike Golf. Sure they still used the swoosh on merchandise, but the Nike Golf brand did not at the beginning. They went with something that was different to create a golf image.

I like simple, modern, and catchy. But I do believe it has to have something there. I really like where you are going with the 3 you designed. I would love to see how it looks with a golf ball looking different.

Here are a couple simpler ideas:
Picture1-70.jpg

I know I don't have the THP quite right, but you get the idea.

I really like these and wonder if you could make the ball a little smaller and lower on the "T" side, then add the flag. Or, sort of fade the ball into the curves of the "P" at an angle?

I agree with everything you said, except this really. All the company logos you are comparing it to have a product that is out there to be seen so that people will quickly identify it with what they produce. This however is not really the case for THP Media, Inc. It could become one down the road and our hopes are that it does, but in the end, we want a person to see our logo and like it, and not have to ask what it is about.

I learned very quickly that you don't have long to make an impression and a first impression means everything. I still want people to identify THP Media and more specifically THP with golf lifestyle.

Take your example of Nike for example. While the swoosh is the symbol/logo that means Nike and sports for them, they went away from that when they created Nike Golf. Sure they still used the swoosh on merchandise, but the Nike Golf brand did not at the beginning. They went with something that was different to create a golf image.

I like simple, modern, and catchy. But I do believe it has to have something there. I really like where you are going with the 3 you designed. I would love to see how it looks with a golf ball looking different.
You're right, and that's why we are trying to make something with just one golf-relatable element there. Otherwise, just the THP would be enough.

Nike_Golf-logo-72853EB45D-seeklogo.com.gif

Yes, they needed a golf symbol to differentiate the sub-brand.
THP doesn't really need to do this since the entire brand is golf.

I totally see your point there. And I really do want to keep it clean and simple. I do want to be recognized with golf but I don't want it to be cheesy either if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back