California Golf Outting?

Where is this course? I can't seem to find it in my golf book!

Does anyone playing at Brea want any used (some new) golf balls? If so, I will bring a truck load down with me. They are free to any takers. I have a garage that I really need to clean out. Don't ask what brands I have, because I really don't know other than there many different brands in that barrel. Also, if any of you are looking for specific club that I might be hoarding, let me know. If I have it, I will bring it down. No, I am not giving up any of putters. :D

Does anyone playing at Brea want any used (some new) golf balls? If so, I will bring a truck load down with me. They are free to any takers. I have a garage that I really need to clean out. Don't ask what brands I have, because I really don't know other than there many different brands in that barrel. Also, if any of you are looking for specific club that I might be hoarding, let me know. If I have it, I will bring it down. No, I am not giving up any of putters. :D

Maybe they'll bring me luck ;) Sure, bring them all down with you :clapp:

sure bring em on down! i'll bring a clothes basket to fill up....and i'll buy you a couple of cold ones....i think we've had this conversation before.....

In order to take advantage of the "Stay and Play" rates at Pacific Palms, I am going to bring a buddy with me if it is ok with the rest of the group. He is a nice guy and a good golfer. He should fit right in. Any objections from anyone?

In order to take advantage of the "Stay and Play" rates at Pacific Palms, I am going to bring a buddy with me if it is ok with the rest of the group. He is a nice guy and a good golfer. He should fit right in. Any objections from anyone?

Introduce him to the forum C-Tech!

Re: California Golf Outting?

No problem at all. The more people the better in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Introduce him to the forum C-Tech!

He knows about it, but he has a 3 yr old, 6 month old, and a working wife. He just doesn't have the time to spend on here and still get out to actually play golf. Maybe when both his kids are in college.:D

I know we havent even held the first golf outing, but is it too soon to talk about a second? I apologize to all, but Feburary is not a good month for me and free time. I know some of the far aways like Prov and C-Tech probably can't make every one, but maybe something in March or April? My weekends look less busy in those months, and I might even be in San Diego over spring break near Torrey Pines... :D

I know we havent even held the first golf outing, but is it too soon to talk about a second? I apologize to all, but Feburary is not a good month for me and free time. I know some of the far aways like Prov and C-Tech probably can't make every one, but maybe something in March or April? My weekends look less busy in those months, and I might even be in San Diego over spring break near Torrey Pines... :D

I think we'll have one in August but having another one in the works sounds good too :D

I think we'll have one in August but having another one in the works sounds good too :D

Yes, let's have one the first week of August!

I'm going to be out in SD in April....any chance of doing something then? :clapp:

If I am available, I will make the attempt to meet up with you folks, anytime, any where. I am usually not available most Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays. Those are hang out with the younger grand children days for us.

As for meeting up some where, and I am just throwing this out here, all these get togethers don't necessarily have to be in the SoCal/LA area. I think C-Tech probably lives the farthest away at 460+/- miles. I am 250+ miles away, so locations farther east, and south for future meetings should be looked at.

If I am available, I will make the attempt to meet up with you folks, anytime, any where. I am usually not available most Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays. Those are hang out with the younger grand children days for us.

As for meeting up some where, and I am just throwing this out here, all these get togethers don't necessarily have to be in the SoCal/LA area. I think C-Tech probably lives the farthest away at 460+/- miles. I am 250+ miles away, so locations farther east, and south for future meetings should be looked at.

Thanks, Prov. I will come every chance I get, but like you, driving 400+ miles every time will get old quickly. If we could find a good course that was even within 300 miles of me it would be much better. Also, a course in a less populated area may have some better deals for groups as well. I know I used to take a group of 20 to 25 to a resort a few times a year and they really made it financially attractive for us.

April and August!! YES!! Most def. we should :D

One of these times, we really need to do Torrey. I don't think they will let me into golf heaven if I haven't played there.

I'm going to be out in SD in April....any chance of doing something then? :clapp:

I'll ask my wife when her spring break is (she works for the schools). We were planning on going to SD over a weekend then, and the friend we are visiting plays golf (i'm not sure how well, but who cares?). I'll get back on when spring break is. Otherwise, can you travel to LA? Maybe we can hook something up with the others...

I'll ask my wife when her spring break is (she works for the schools). We were planning on going to SD over a weekend then, and the friend we are visiting plays golf (i'm not sure how well, but who cares?). I'll get back on when spring break is. Otherwise, can you travel to LA? Maybe we can hook something up with the others...

LA might be tough but I'll see...SD is a definite though

One of these times, we really need to do Torrey. I don't think they will let me into golf heaven if I haven't played there.

We need a SD resident to help us, residents pay much cheaper!!

Can't you move there? It can't be that far.:D

I only live down there about 1 week out of the year on vacation haa haa. HOWEVER, I do have several friends that actually live there, so I can always use him, but I'm not sure if he'll have to play (he hates the game!). Its getting expensive to live anywhere in southern California :( San Diego is my first choice if I had to move and stay in California :good:

But if there's an event in San Diego we can most certainly go, its just an hour and a half away from where we live!

Yeah a good example might be Blythe California. Tucson 274 miles, Vegas 210 miles, and LA is 222 miles from there. Just as an example is why I use Blythe. I don't know anything about the place. I have driven through there a couple of times, and saw a golf course. Food for thought for future reference. :D
Thanks, Prov. I will come every chance I get, but like you, driving 400+ miles every time will get old quickly. If we could find a good course that was even within 300 miles of me it would be much better. Also, a course in a less populated area may have some better deals for groups as well. I know I used to take a group of 20 to 25 to a resort a few times a year and they really made it financially attractive for us.

Back