Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that too! I was at the doctor yesterday and I had the 1st appt at 8:15, got called back at 8:30 and wasn't seen until after 9....what the heck was she doing all that time?

That's why it doesn't bother me to be late to a doctor's appointment. My wife works at a pharmacy that is connected to a suite of dr.'s she said that one in particular will have appts scheduled at 9 but he won't even show up until 9:30 or later!

That's why it doesn't bother me to be late to a doctor's appointment. My wife works at a pharmacy that is connected to a suite of dr.'s she said that one in particular will have appts scheduled at 9 but he won't even show up until 9:30 or later!

that is so frustrating. the worst part is when you are sitting in the exam room waiting for the doctor to come, and you hear voices and footsteps outside and you keep wondering if they are coming to your room or not. You can only read the posters on the wall so many times...

And they're always telling you to get there early haa haa haa

On more than one occasion, my doctor du jour and I have had the discussion about him holding me hostage when we had an appointment at a specified time. I let them know that my time is just as valuable as theirs and if they had an appointment with me in my office, I would be courteous enough to be available when specified. They must have marked my chart as an bad actor because they get me in on time most of the time.

I understand if they had an actual emergency, but that is seldom the case. Normally, they overbooked (or overslept) and don't have enough regard for me to make it on time.

On more than one occasion, my doctor du jour and I have had the discussion about him holding me hostage when we had an appointment at a specified time. I let them know that my time is just as valuable as theirs and if they had an appointment with me in my office, I would be courteous enough to be available when specified. They must have marked my chart as an bad actor because they get me in on time most of the time.

I understand if they had an actual emergency, but that is seldom the case. Normally, they overbooked (or overslept) and don't have enough regard for me to make it on time.

Exactly!! I have her first appoinment at 8:45am (must be nice to start the day at that time!!) but usually don't physically see her until after 9am...

why does Golf Channel have to have infomercial after infomercial on during the day? Why no replay of the previous night's shows or highlights of past golf tourneys?

why does Golf Channel have to have infomercial after infomercial on during the day? Why no replay of the previous night's shows or highlights of past golf tourneys?

You actually watch the Golf Channel during the day? Are these infomercials at least related to golf?

I've got the same situation going with FOUR different business contacts:

In each case, we have joint clients. I like what I see. I've approached the other person and said I'd like to visit his/her place of business, learn more about it, see what else the company does, get a feel for its ideal client, etc. etc. I'll buy lunch and of course share a little bit on my side. No selling.

None of these people can get back to me to schedule this. It's not a case of not finding a date that works--it's not bothering to get back to me at all.

C'mon--is business so good you don't need to market and network?

There's a lady at work in my office who always feels the need to wear jeans. Jeans are a big no-no :nono: at work, because we always have to wear business casual, and jeans do not fit into that category, but yet she's always getting away with it, its because she's the bosses fav...:angry:

And I've worn dark denim and have been told that I cannot wear those anymore...but this person......gets away with a lot of things (she's never on time, always leaving early)!! :angry:

Sounds like you need to get "friendlier" with the boss GC...

There's a lady at work in my office who always feels the need to wear jeans. Jeans are a big no-no :nono: at work, because we always have to wear business casual, and jeans do not fit into that category, but yet she's always getting away with it, its because she's the bosses fav...:angry:

And I've worn dark denim and have been told that I cannot wear those anymore...but this person......gets away with a lot of things (she's never on time, always leaving early)!! :angry:

If you can't join her, beat her. :beat-up: :eyepoke: :stickbeat: :starwars: :zsimpsons:

Hate the game not the player....

So here I am, tee box of hole #1, and my buddy and I are getting ready to tee off. He tees off fine, finds the fairway. As I walk up to the tee, a foursome (grandma, dad, 2 teenage daughters) rides up in their carts and parks right next to the tee box, right infront of me at address. No biggie, happens all the time. I wait until they stop to address my ball. I wear a baseball cap, so the bill blocks out most movements right in front of me. However, just as I finish my backswing, and shift into downswing, Grandma decides to walk onto the tee box behind me into my right field of view, swinging her driver the entire time. She was no more than 5 yards from me, and completly distracted my focus in midswing. Needless to say, I pulled my swing so bad I didnt even see where the ball ended up. Lost that ball. I gave her a glare that sent her back to her cart in a hurry. Popped up my second drive. Decided that chewing her out infront of a few grandkids would not be the classiest thing to do. I was so furious at the poor golf etiquette this lady was teaching her grandkids that I couldnt focus the entire hole, fuming the whole way to #2. :angry:

I was struck down Friday at noon with intestinal distress that lasted through the night. I was prone on the couch most of that time until late this afternoon. I finally was able to take nourishment around 6PM. I hate this stuff. Very seldom get sick, but this has been a tough couple of weeks.

I'm playing golf tomorrow, I hope!

I was struck down Friday at noon with intestinal distress that lasted through the night. I was prone on the couch most of that time until late this afternoon. I finally was able to take nourishment around 6PM. I hate this stuff. Very seldom get sick, but this has been a tough couple of weeks.

I'm playing golf tomorrow, I hope!

It has been a tough couple of weeks for you CT! Hope you feel better tomorrow and have a great day at the course to make up for your health issues!

I walked into the doorway, smashing my 2 little toes...they don't feel so good :(

Look at the bright side GC the other 8 should feel good right? :blob:

Luckily no golf for a week, so I should be ok by next weekend :good:

One piggy toe on one side of the door, and one on the other? That's some wide stride.

Kevin

I have to put ice on my toe as I can't even walk on it :crying: My 4th toe and my baby toe :( You don't realize how much you actually use/need your toes until you injure them haa haa

This is the 2nd time something major has happened to my toe. The last time, I dropped a drawer right smack dab on top of my toe, it was out of commission for about a month!!

Maybe it is time to get some stell toe shoes ( fashionable ones of course) and wear them all the time.

Yup - You do need your toes. I feel your pain. I have a whopping headache that just came on and won't go away. I need my head too.

I walked into the doorway, smashing my 2 little toes...they don't feel so good :(

Sorry you hurt your toes. I broke mine against a door jamb once. I split the jamb with my little toe and broke it. I feel your pain. As I was lying in the floor writhing in pain, my 13 yr old daughter asked if I was ok. I said, "No." and she said, "Just checking" and walked away!

Yup - You do need your toes. I feel your pain. I have a whopping headache that just came on and won't go away. I need my head too.

With this recent illness, I had a splitting headache for 3 days. I hope your's goes away soon. They are no fun!

Sorry you hurt your toes. I broke mine against a door jamb once. I split the jamb with my little toe and broke it. I feel your pain. As I was lying in the floor writhing in pain, my 13 yr old daughter asked if I was ok. I said, "No." and she said, "Just checking" and walked away!

With this recent illness, I had a splitting headache for 3 days. I hope your's goes away soon. They are no fun!

C-Tech - Thanks - that made me laugh. Nope - headaches are no fun and I can't figure out what triggered this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back