The Recap - Equipment Testing On The Road

My favorite comment of this entire drive is us driving by Titans stadium and it was packing them in. She says "I need to go over there and b**ch slap Chris Johnson real fast".

Oh man, and to think you drove right past us Middle Tennessee THP'ers. Guess it didn't matter since you were sick, but next time, stop for a stealth round, okay?

P.S. We all want to b**ch slap Chris Johnson too.

GG, I feel your pain with Chris Johnson, and so I traded him off. Thanks to both of you for doing this. I had an absolute blast in STL and I can't wait to do it agian sometime.

JB, if your ever in Indiana, we need to go play a Par 3 course for Dollars.... I think we would come out even.

great write up JB. it sure was a blast i hope you guys consider traveling again even if not next year but down the road. I know it got more than a few people that have never been to the outing a little taste of how awesome that is every year!

Great review JB. Makes me miss it that much more. Hope you loved Iowa enough for a return trip someday.

~Rock

Nice write ups, JB and GG. We were glad to have ya' in the Show Me State and welcome you back anytime. I have said it before and will continue to do so, I had a freaking blast and can't wait to do it again. I appreciate it when JB say's I have a "sweet swing". I told Kelly, JB has played golf with 100+ guys over the past month or so, ranging across all ability levels, from scratch to duffer, so if he tells me I have some good things going on, I trust it and it gives me confidence knowing I have enough good going on and maybe I am not as bad as I sell myself some time. Our Saturday foursome was the most fun I have had on a golf course in a while. Yeah, I wanted to play well and not make an arse of myself, but for the first time in a long time, I was more focused on just having fun and enjoying my time on the course with my new friends. We all hit some bad shots that day. But we all hit some really great shots, and someone was always there to say great shot or give you a fist bump, or, pay you a dollar. LOL. And when an occasional bad shot crept, I took the feedback that was offered and tried to apply it the next time. It was really cool.

I still chuckle when I think about telling Skittle he deserves a "handy" if he can hit those guys standing in the fairway, 350 or so yards out. LOL. Note to self - Don't offer a "handy" to an Indiana boy that just spent 6 hours in a car, that he coincidentally also locked himself out of upon arriving to the course. Sorry Skittle and Bogey, still funny.

Man, I look forward to and I am hoping SO bad to make it to the Ultimate Outing in May.

Just want to say a big "thank you" again to JB and GG for all their time, effort and dollars to make these THP tour van stops a reality. It was a lot of fun helping to organize and participate in the AC event, and I hope it wont be too long for a part 2! Was great to hit the new clubs and especially that magical B. Asha shaft I will be gaming in the not too distant future. And of course, meeting several new and familiar faces for some golf, fun and food was awesome as usual.

one word: awesome. i wish i lived in the midwest so i could've been a part of that. maybe one day when i get older if THP is still around (which i bet it will be) i will have my own road trip..

Great reading the stories about the road, the places played and the THP camaraderie. This place really is pretty amazing.

Only you weird people who say "soda" would laugh at this sign! It's POP, people! hehehe

I laugh every time someone ways pop, it's so strange : "do you want a soda pop?" no I want a coke

That was a great read. Really makes me miss THP events.

Here are two videos from Iowa.

Video #1 is of GG after a rather rough morning and she was on the verge of losing it after being sick for a couple of days.

Video #2 is of P4B getting ready to hit his wedge shot and we expected an explosion of "mess".

Here are a few more silly videos I shot while we were driving.

Bumping these again because I just watched all of them and they made me miss the journey.

I still chuckle when I think about telling Skittle he deserves a "handy" if he can hit those guys standing in the fairway, 350 or so yards out. LOL. Note to self - Don't offer a "handy" to an Indiana boy that just spent 6 hours in a car, that he coincidentally also locked himself out of upon arriving to the course. Sorry Skittle and Bogey, still funny.

Haha yeah that was hilarious. I swung out of my shoes on that one!

Great write up, JB. Enjoyed losing some dollars to you. I still want to win the "I hate Skittles" dollar, sometime.

I missed the first one. Sorry to laugh at your misery GG but that was pretty funny, especially the "Chunky is spelled with a U NOT A Y" haha

Tap Tap Taparoo

Haha sorry GG. Maybe it should have remained a silent Y

Only you weird people who say "soda" would laugh at this sign! It's POP, people! hehehe
Back home we call it a "Coke".

Here's how it works at a restaurant;

Me: What kind of Coke do you serve?
Waitress: We have Classic, Diet Coke, Sprite, Dr. pepper, etc.
Me: I'll take a diet coke.

Soda, Pop, that's just weird.

Back home we call it a "Coke".

Here's how it works at a restaurant;

Me: What kind of Coke do you serve?
Waitress: We have Classic, Diet Coke, Sprite, Dr. pepper, etc.
Me: I'll take a diet coke.

Soda, Pop, that's just weird.

Please don't get me going on this again

Saw this and immediately thought of Canadan.

Van Soft Serve Cup.jpg

This explains it better WE.

popvssodamap.gif

I thought 8 year olds in the 1950's called it soda.

Nice write up JB. I have to say I never thought I'd see you guys or the RV in Elkton of all places. You weren't kidding that was one long write up lol

Back