Europe Wins The 2012 Ryder Cup

Lol Tmex. You're cracking Me up. Forget Seve, they won that for Paul!
He's cracking me up too. The Euro's won it for Paul and the Merican's choked it for AK.

Lol Tmex. You're cracking Me up. Forget Seve, they won that for Paul!

Heck yeah they did! Lol

I love watching those Euros though. If Poulter would lift Kmacs ban I might respect him.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

If we had cooler shirts and pants we'd win this thing finally. Out with the boring 90's stuff already.

This picture pretty much sums it up. It's going to be really fun when he's the European Ryder Cup captain in 2020 or something like that.

c0930poulter.jpg

I think Phil should be a captain in the future. That would be awesome.

Aside from the very first 4-some match on Friday, I thought Tiger played exceptional golf. Friday afternoon he ran into the buzzsaw that was Colsaerts, and Saturday afternoon he played great as well. Today was kinda so-so, but chances are he would have won the match if it actually meant something.

The Euro team played amazing today, you can't take that away from them by saying the US team lost it. Granted, the US team didn't play well on holes 17 or 18 which essentially was the downfall for them, but it doesn't change the fact that the Euro team played those holes well.

Great Ryder Cup this year, I'm already looking forward to 2014.

Lee sure did play good today.

If we had cooler shirts and pants we'd win this thing finally. Out with the boring 90's stuff already.

we needed poulter pants

I think Phil should be a captain in the future. That would be awesome.

That's definitely going to happen, probably towards the end of this decade.

Lee sure did play good today.

About time he did something in this RC. Of course, you could say the same for half of the Euro team.

I figured you'd also like this quote: "Look, let's be honest: we all want to hate Ian Poulter. The attitude, the sneer, the frosted tips -- if he were American, he'd be a Duke point guard. But here's the thing: when it comes to the Ryder Cup, Poulter is really, really good. Like, tip-your-cap-'cause-he-just-waxed-you good."

That comes from this article: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-...hate-him-want-t-deny-guy-015130490--golf.html

Perfect analogy.

Lee > Tiger

I love how true that is right now and there's nothing you can say about it.

Lol, that's an awesome quote Ary.

Imagine Tigger as a RC captain. Weird.

Made it interesting, I thought I could just not watch Sunday and know the outcome.

This picture pretty much sums it up. It's going to be really fun when he's the European Ryder Cup captain in 2020 or something like that.

c0930poulter.jpg
Ughh. Right now I have a tiny bit of respect for Poulter based on this years Ryder, but if he is going to gloat about it again he can go back to being the best matchplay pga player on tour. Show some class Poults.

What were your thoughts on the 2012 Ryder Cup? I didn’t see as much as I would have liked but what did see was stellar. Great golf beat great golf until today’s rounds.

Was it a choke? I wouldn’t call it choke as much as I would call it an emotional let down. I think the US was emotionally spent after the huge wins on Friday and Saturday. The US expelled so much energy that they had nothing left for singles.

Bad player moves by the captain? There is no way TW/SS should have played Friday afternoon. SS was not very useful to TW. I think front loading would have been a better strategy. Secure the points early with stronger players, get some red on the board and let the emotions build as the euros did. Seeing blue just put more pressure on the later matches to be perfect.

Certain players step up when needed? On Sunday those that didn’t step up further tainted their reps.

US Players fall flat at a crucial time? Most certainly they fell flat. Never expected that.

So do you think We would have won if Poulter was wearing these?

Ian-Poulter-Haunted-Hilton-Head-House.jpg

Now that was some good TV.

I was sure that US would take this one, although I naturally rooted for Europe. Even before the event, US had a good / better lineup than Europe. I was proven dead wrong, and I'm happy about it. One of the best golf broadcast ever!

I just don't know what to think about this. I think ultimately Europe wanted it more. It saddens me to say it, but I just saw a massive melt down and it hurts. I am upset, sad, disappointed

although I'm knackered this morning.

Best Ryder cup I've ever watched
No it was not a choke, there's no way you guys could keep holing it from everywhere.
Captains picks were fine, big guns out first nobody expected the fightback
Pure theatre brilliant

Best Ryder cup I've seen. Great golf and exciting matches. Insane comeback from Europe. Really didn't expect Westwood and Lawrie to win their matches this way.

What a weekend of golf. From start to finish, we saw putts lipping out, chips holed, fist pumps and passion from both sides. One of the best Ryder Cups I’ve seen, no matter the outcome.
I would say certain players could be accused of choking. Not Phil though, that’s harsh. Rose birdied the last 2 holes to take his match, sometimes it happens in golf.
Europe as a team stepped up on Sunday. Guys we haven’t seen for months suddenly came alive. Kaymer! Westwood! Looking at the matches, I was worried about the last few from a European perspective.
Did the US players fall flat? Maybe, but we saw on the first 2 days that it’s difficult to fight momentum, and the Euros were just firing. Chips and putts which were lipping out were suddenly finding the bottom of the cup. I have to admit that I expected better from the US team though, I expected a couple of points from the bottom matches.

Well done Europe :) and fair play to Mickelson......I finally like the chap

I have to agree with Paulo - it was a great weekend of golf and USA just maybe fell a bit flat on Sunday and Europe got on a roll. Europe were 4 points down after 2 days, but some of the matches were close and we lost some holes, and didn't win others, with very close or lipped out putts. That seemed to reverse on Sunday and we were making the putts and the USA ones were lipping out.

Swings and roundabouts really, but a great spectacle and exciting finish. I don't think anyone on the USA team should be singled out. They put themselves in a great position to win convincingly and collectively let it slip away.

I agree completely with what WickedCoolBeardedMan said, “Two big names for the US on the tee box at 17, each up 1. Neither wins a point. Neither halves. To me this says it all.” That is it in a nutshell.

I did enjoy the golf and place no blame on the captian as he did have the US in a huge lead heading into the singles. Captian’s choices are always a toss up going in as to how they will perform, he had a difficult job determining who to pick and his choices looked pretty good going into the Ryder Cup.

I feel that those of us who are hardcore fans of golf were the real winners this weekend, it was some amazing golf to watch and the Euro’s earned the win. It was not a choke IMO.

Back