COBRA AMP Driver & Fairway Woods

i got a good look at the whole line today and it looked better than the pictures show. the grip on the clubs feel fantastic but i dont think it would be any good in the conditions. i didnt get a chance to hit either but from what the rep said they are tidy.

I'd agree that the sole looks better in person. Same with the grip/shaft combo. For me, the silver doesn't do much in person. It's a fine driver. I prefer my R9, but haven't found much wrong with it in terms of performance.

saw the driver in person today for the first time. I actually didn't think the orange was as obnoxious as it comes across in some pictures. The silver/grey driver head had a nice look to it. While I would change the grip out so it wasn't orange, I liked the feel of it. It's one of those new Lamkin grips that Hawk reviewed recently. I wish I got to take some swings with it, but I was trying out some other stuff at that store and didn't want to bother the guy who was helping me test some iron shafts.

I saw this at Golf Smith last night and can agree with you. The orange wasn't over the top. It was bright and eye-catching, but it wasn't screaming, "Look at me!"

Now if they'll just do something about those crazy commercials.

I'd agree that the sole looks better in person. Same with the grip/shaft combo. For me, the silver doesn't do much in person. It's a fine driver. I prefer my R9, but haven't found much wrong with it in terms of performance.

I won't lie, I hawkpondered it last night for a while.

this is what I'm seeing in my testing so far as well...

I dislike orange, stupid commercials, RIP shafts and stock shafts yet the driver and fairway are pretty nice. I'd say the fair loses out to the Adams, Nike and Taylormade in terms of sheer performance. The driver seems to be a slightly more forgiving S3, the S3 was and is still one of my favorites. It produced better ball speed numbers lower off the face then the S3. Sheer distance numbers had the ZL in front but it's not really fair since I had a fitted shaft in it.

I'd love to try the Amp out with a Kai'li or a Fubuki K to really give it a shot. I also still think the hybrid is a winner of the Amp line of the metals and wish it came in a 24/25 as well.

When I first saw pictures of this driver I thought I would not be impressed with it. In person this thing looks like a beast! I can't wait to find a demo day close to me within the next couple months so I can hit this along with a few other new drivers. It just looks tough. It also definitely looks like something Fowler would play. It is definitely going to catch people's eyes as they wander through a store.

My buddy Bill is looking forward to hitting these. He is getting new sticks and seems to be wanting to try these. Supposed to be going this weekend. He's a member here, just not too active. Maybe I can get him to come on here and post some thoughts on them.

I didn't get to take any swings but I like the looks of this driver. While orange isn't my favorite color everything was well coordinated throughout the setup. I could play this.

I'm going to be comparing this fairway wood with the rbz and 910f this spring to see what to buy

Tappin!

I hit the driver the other day and loved it! Had a heavier feel than my current driver which was a nice change. Hit it well enough to make me wanna change! Don't remember the exact numbers though. I like the bright colors, they don't seem to bother me. Very solid driver!

I can't get past the looks to even pick this wretched orange turd up off the rack. My 3 year old thought it was awesome though! Well done Cobra! You appeal to toddlers and Beiber fans!

I can't get past the looks to even pick this wretched orange turd up off the rack. My 3 year old thought it was awesome though! Well done Cobra! You appeal to toddlers and Beiber fans!

Well, Beiber is their main staffer and stars in their commercials. Oh. Wait?

It's a shame that the looks and marketing surrounding this driver are so polarizing, because I really think it's a solid performer. I'm reviewing the 9.5° head with S flex shaft and it's been really nice so far. Ball flight on the range was mid/high trajectory and dispersion was pretty tight. Hard to tell distances, but launch monitor numbers have showed me it's right up there with my R9.

I get where Cobra is coming from with the AMP line, but I do think it's something that could turn some folks away from a potentially good option. If you can get past the looks, I'd recommend giving it some swings.

So you are reviewing the driver hawk? For some odd reason I though you were testing that baffler 3wood?

Uggliest crap I've ever seen in person dude. I can't get past it.

So you are reviewing the driver hawk? For some odd reason I though you were testing that baffler 3wood?

Uggliest crap I've ever seen in person dude. I can't get past it.

I have both right now. It doesn't really bother me much, but I get where you're coming from. I can't think of a better word than polarizing to describe it.

Would I look at it on the rack and think 'that's awesome'? Not at all. Have I had a number of younger guys ask if they can hit it? Yep, and a couple of them were crushing it.

It's not much different than the white drivers to me. I'm not into the looks, but to each his own I guess.

Dude, they look like Tron. But not as cool. You're right, to each their own. The grip is more than obnoxious.

It's a shame that the looks and marketing surrounding this driver are so polarizing, because I really think it's a solid performer. I'm reviewing the 9.5° head with S flex shaft and it's been really nice so far. Ball flight on the range was mid/high trajectory and dispersion was pretty tight. Hard to tell distances, but launch monitor numbers have showed me it's right up there with my R9.

I get where Cobra is coming from with the AMP line, but I do think it's something that could turn some folks away from a potentially good option. If you can get past the looks, I'd recommend giving it some swings.

Pretty much agree with your thoughts there Hawk. I get what they are doing, but I don't know how well it's going to work. As for the club, I think it's a real solid performer. I wasn't ever really pondering this thing for my bag, but after I hit it side by side with the Nike the other night it made me want it. I saw some real good numbers for esp for when it came for shot dispersion. The Nike was a touch longer, but nothing that blew me away that night. I liked the silver head with the black face, I thought it framed the ball pretty well. I'm looking forward to hitting it again soon to see if I see some of the same things that I saw the other night. I did like the new Lamkin grip on it, but sadly it would be changed rather quickly. I think it adds just too much orange haha

I don't mind the gray on top of the head. I don't really feel the orange on it. I am not sure what other color I would like on it. Green?

I don't mind the gray on top of the head. I don't really feel the orange on it. I am not sure what other color I would like on it. Green?

I think the green on the ladies version looks pretty good.

White, black, blue, red, green....I can think of lots but that moron Rickie Fowler has to wear that entire orange get up on Sunday's.

I think the green on the ladies version looks pretty good.

So you are saying I need the ladies version? HEHE

White, black, blue, red, green....I can think of lots but that moron Rickie Fowler has to wear that entire orange get up on Sunday's.

What would you do to the driver to make it look good?

as long as it wasn't the green he wore the other day at Pebble...

The face looks cool. Same with the shaft. I don't really like the silver head for some reason, but it's better on sunny days. The orange doesn't do much for me either way. It sounds pretty good though.

The face looks cool. Same with the shaft. I don't really like the silver head for some reason, but it's better on sunny days. The orange doesn't do much for me either way. It sounds pretty good though.

they have definitely improved the sound from years past.

Back