Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Mashies do anything, they help a slicer. I fight a draw/hook, so I couldn't get the darn things to stop hooking.

He hits some of the biggest bananas ever haha.

Getting ready to head to GG, I am going to try this Black out and maybe a few others. The high spin rate on the Black has me a bit worried, I will hit the different lofts and report back later.

If the Mashies do anything, they help a slicer. I fight a draw/hook, so I couldn't get the darn things to stop hooking.

I fight a fade/slice and I still pull hook my M3 more than I don't. =(

I fight a fade/slice and I still pull hook my M3 more than I don't. =(

hmm. sorry to hear that mrvandelay. I hope that it starts to perform better for you. I just bought the M3 for my dad. Hopefully he finds success with it.

I would post what I was pondering, but pondering went to purchase much quicker than I expected.

I think that is a good idea. The Mashie is one of the easiest hybrids to hit and fights going right. Great choice. I think its much easier to hit then the Adams, IMO.

....D'oh!

I'm pondering 5 woods.

I'm pondering 5 woods.

So many solid options these days. On looks alone, the Cleveland Black FW's are just stunning.

Tappin' from my iPad!

So many solid options these days. On looks alone, the Cleveland Black FW's are just stunning.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Agreed, I have put my old W/S 5 wood into the bag for the time being as a test and if I enjoy it, then we will start pondering other 5 woods. I seriously doubt I pull the trigger on anything.

I say hit the R11's somewhere you can get numbers your sure are real! My 6i is my 185 club but when I hit the 7i of the same set at Roger Dunn I was getting a mind boggling 190 yards of carry!!! That's almost Bubba long! :wink: Now I know that isn't right, but I bet it sells clubs!

I compared it with my club at the store and it was right. I used to hit my old 7 iron 170 so it would make sense.

Went to Golf Galaxy this morning to hit the Black, No demo clubs and they had 2 12* senior shafts and 2 10.5* senior shafts. What is up with that! So I stopped by Dicks, the guy had not even heard of a new line up. Called a local range and they had the 9 and 10.5* but no demo club. With the high spin numbers I have been reading about I want to hit both the 9 and 10.5 to see what will work better. I guess it will be a few more weeks before these shops get demo clubs?

Went to Golf Galaxy this morning to hit the Black, No demo clubs and they had 2 12* senior shafts and 2 10.5* senior shafts. What is up with that! So I stopped by Dicks, the guy had not even heard of a new line up. Called a local range and they had the 9 and 10.5* but no demo club. With the high spin numbers I have been reading about I want to hit both the 9 and 10.5 to see what will work better. I guess it will be a few more weeks before these shops get demo clubs?

I've seen quite a few advertising blurbs from Cleveleand along the lines of "Cleveland Black - wouldn't you like to regain distance?" so I wouldn't be surprised if retailers are assuming this line is directed at seniors, and stocking their inventory accordingly.

I've seen quite a few advertising blurbs from Cleveleand along the lines of "Cleveland Black - wouldn't you like to regain distance?" so I wouldn't be surprised if retailers are assuming this line is directed at seniors, and stocking their inventory accordingly.

Thats what I have heard as well, the add in TGW magazine is "Wouldnt you like to outdrive your son again". Most shops around here only had them in senior or reg flex.

Thats what I have heard as well, the add in TGW magazine is "Wouldnt you like to outdrive your son again". Most shops around here only had them in senior or reg flex.

That stinks, I really want to try the Black out. I guess it will be a while before they get stiff flex and demo's out.

Mashie or Adams Super Hybrid as it is on sale for $89 right now at rockbottomgolf.com

I love the Super Hybrid and that's a great price! You might have just caused me to boot my 3 iron outta the bag! I wasn't even pondering a 21* hybrid...

I have a $10 off over $30 at GolfSmith and debating if i stop by and get another 3 dozen Penta's. Just bought 4 dozen a few weeks ago. Hate passing up great deals. $75 with tax for 3 dozen. Hmmmm....

Tappin' from my iPad!

I have a $10 off over $30 at GolfSmith and debating if i stop by and get another 3 dozen Penta's. Just bought 4 dozen a few weeks ago. Hate passing up great deals. $75 with tax for 3 dozen. Hmmmm....

Tappin' from my iPad!

That's a really good price. Is that a discount they're doing now? Buy 3 dozen for $85 plus your $10 off is very good.

That's a really good price. Is that a discount they're doing now? Buy 3 dozen for $85 plus your $10 off is very good.

It's the same buy 2, get 1 free that they have had going for awhile. So $80 for the 2 dozen minus $10 plus $5 or $6 of tax.

Tappin' from my iPad!

That's a great deal. Me? I just use golf balls I find at the course. :D Is the deal only for Pentas? Or any premium balls?

That's a great deal. Me? I just use golf balls I find at the course. :D Is the deal only for Pentas? Or any premium balls?

Only Penta's for the buy 2, get 1 free.

Since trying these, I have become a ball snob.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Only Penta's for the buy 2, get 1 free.

Since trying these, I have become a ball snob.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Lol. I played the Pentas a lot over the summer and last spring. A very solid golf ball in all aspects of the game. Just not as good for me as some others.

Went for a round today with my old R7s...Reg flex graphite and not bent to 2* up didnt help but I was hitting them so much better than my RXFs. Cant wait to hit the blacks/R11s again next week hopefully I can take a set of them out to the course before I have to make a decision.

Went for a round today with my old R7s...Reg flex graphite and not bent to 2* up didnt help but I was hitting them so much better than my RXFs. Cant wait to hit the blacks/R11s again next week hopefully I can take a set of them out to the course before I have to make a decision.

I am trying to hit them as well, ( Black irons ) Hopefully tomorrow before the rain sets in.

I love the Super Hybrid and that's a great price! You might have just caused me to boot my 3 iron outta the bag! I wasn't even pondering a 21* hybrid...

It is a great price. I nearly pulled the trigger several times in the last few days.

Pondering a Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5. The last few times I've been in Roger Dunn I've been playing with this thing and I always seem to roll this thing like a pro. It also doesnt hurt that it looks absolutely gorgeous! Never been a fan of Scottys but if it works it works.

The great part about trying putters at RD is their putting area is pretty big and none of the holes "funnels" the ball into the hole to get you thinking your putting great with something, only to find out later it's not so hot after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back