The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Tons of pros get stuck on high pressure shots. Scottie has been swinging that way likely his entire life with tons of success at every level. I don't really agree that his swing doesn't have longevity or will be injury prone.

A lot of best pros in history and currently have what would be considered technical "flaws" in their golf swings. However, I consider it more of that is just their own golf swing that developed from just playing rather than getting too overly technical to make their swings technically correct. Don't get me wrong, the technically correct golf swing has complete merit, but not everyone can physically have the technically correct golf swing. There are many ways to swing the club and produce repeatable quality golf shots.

That is why I think Butch Harmon is one of the best. He works with what the player has and doesn't go to far out of the limitations and boundaries of what the player can do physically. He is not necessarily trying make every player swing the perfect golf swing. There are a lot of instructors that have a specific ideology of their perfect golf swing and try to make every player swing that way, but it is just is not possible for everyone.
It may have been Butch who changed Norman's pivot.
The most famous slider was Byron Nelson. In his book he acknowledged that he took it to the extreme to the point that it was almost a fault.
Instruction books with the exception of Hogan's FIVE LESSONS..... taught the lateral pivot. Golf instructors taught a lateral hip bump to change direction up until the biomechanics got involved during the Tiger era.
Tennis went through a similar technical reconstruction before golf where it changed from a side on action to a rotation action.

Exactly - And the same entity that gave an invite to Niemann.
Asked how the Masters would look upon players who sign with a Saudi-financed breakaway circuit, Ridley signaled his support for the existing ecosystem.

It may have been Butch who changed Norman's pivot.
The most famous slider was Byron Nelson. In his book he acknowledged that he took it to the extreme to the point that it was almost a fault.
Instruction books with the exception of Hogan's FIVE LESSONS..... taught the lateral pivot. Golf instructors taught a lateral hip bump to change direction up until the biomechanics got involved during the Tiger era.
Tennis went through a similar technical reconstruction before golf where it changed from a side on action to a rotation action.
Yeah, I agree around the Tiger era, golf instruction started going toward more rotational turning action rather than the more slide and turn action.

Don't expect to see many LIV guys on TV as the tournament is on a network that has contracts with PGAT. Giving LIV players a platform is not in the Networks or the PGAT's best interest.

Last year at a Major (forget which one) Richard Bland was the leader for 1 1/2 days and they didn't show one shot of his. I'm fully prepared for this to be nothing more than a glorified PGAT signature event.

In some ways, I wished the 13 LIV players would've sat out this Masters in solitary with their LIV brothers who were all denied OWGR. Fred Riley is on the OWGR and played a part in the denial.
To your point, Phil got very little coverage last year on the final round considering both his name, age and the fact that he finished T2. It’s obvious but it is what it is.

Phil was a toxic name for various reasons besides LIV at that time, still is but that toxicity has cooled a bit, can't blame them for not giving him much screen time then. I agree any LIV player will now get all the screen time a PGA player does if they are in contention.

I don't think this is all correct but he did have the Anthony Kim stuff first. He also thought Hovland was going to LIV. Interesting stuff in there.

I saw this and reminds he how flawed the OWGR is. I get the Masters is a major and the math is complicated, but it goes to show the LIV guys are way lower in the OWGR than they need to be. I wish the PIF would buy the DPWT and let the guys earn points there to stay in the top 50.

Patrick Reed jumped 27 spots in the Official World Golf Rankings (OWGR) this week from 112 to 85 after finishing T12 at The Masters.

Rumors stating Rory going to Liv for $850M

Rumors stating Rory going to Liv for $850M

“Two separate sources have told City A.M. that they believe a deal is close. It is claimed that LIV Golf chiefs have offered world No2 McIlroy an eye-watering $850m to join, plus around two per cent equity in the competition. It would make him LIV Golf’s biggest signing so far and it could be announced after the Masters, they said.

It has not been possible to verify the claims.”

If the rumors are even close to true, there’s no way he stays with the PGA is there?

Rory going to LIV for 850M is the unifying thing we all need in 2024.

The money is there and I saw the rumors but I don’t think Rors will actually go. If and big IF they went to four rounds then I think it’s much more possible

The money is there and I saw the rumors but I don’t think Rors will actually go. If and big IF they went to four rounds then I think it’s much more possible
I was thinking the same thing. He goes and he’s the captain of a new team or they tell Westwood and Poulter to pound sand

I don’t think the cut is a big deal but the 72 vs 54 holes is

I was thinking the same thing. He goes and he’s the captain of a new team or they tell Westwood and Poulter to pound sand
He would have to take over an established team to make the shotgun start still work

Surely that PGAT would start scrambling if Rory goes. If he does go it could be the tipping point for other players to start signing. $850 million is a lot of money

I don’t think the cut is a big deal but the 72 vs 54 holes is
Unless he's looking at it and saying "ok you lost Rahm and now me. Let's figure this out or you'll lose everything." Might as well jump in and get his cut because at this point the PGA is looking to get theirs.

LIV would make Westwood and Poulter carry his bag if Rory asked for that---which he should--because it would be hilarious

Unless he's looking at it and saying "ok you lost Rahm and now me. Let's figure this out or you'll lose everything." Might as well jump in and get his cut because at this point the PGA is looking to get theirs.
Agreed. But with this concession which some LIV players would like would let him go back on a lot of his previous statements too.

LIV would also get to say we listened to our players. Also could generate more money with 4 days vs 3. But what do I know

I still say this is a lot of smoke and I’m in the camp of trying to scare the pgat into making a deal. I’d be shocked if he jumps and think hovland would before he does

I still say this is a lot of smoke and I’m in the camp of trying to scare the pgat into making a deal. I’d be shocked if he jumps and think hovland would before he does
I think it comes from one London paper and have no idea about their reputation

I am in the process of not caring any longer ...

Agreed. But with this concession which some LIV players would like would let him go back on a lot of his previous statements too.

LIV would also get to say we listened to our players. Also could generate more money with 4 days vs 3. But what do I know
A lot of moving parts and possibilities. If they get Rory, it’s even bigger than Rahm just because of the name. It’s going to be fun to watch this play out

Back