The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

If the rumors are true, Rory is the biggest hypocrite ever. He needs to come out an apologize to the world. He needs to say he was completely wrong on the LIV, and he too is all about the money so he is taking it and has no interest in playing in the Ryder Cup ever again.

Well, pretty much all the guys that went to LIV said they were dedicated to the PGA. However, if another company offered you just crazy money to move to different company, I doubt anybody would turn that down. However, if the merger goes through, PGA players might be playing both PGA and LIV, so the Ryder Cup will be in play. People who dislike LIV will not be happy.

Last edited:
They have 10 of the past 20 champs and you have to admit the guys they signed are built for this course and it's the least competitive major of the year. I think it's fair to say they underperformed expectations. The degree to which that's true is certainly debatable.
Underperformed? Seriously?

It was Scottie vs the field leading up to it and that is what it ended up being. I guess you can say Rahm and Brooks underperformed but I can't imagine saying that the LIV golfers underperformed based on the field. What really was expected? Probably Rahm, Brooks, and maybe Joaco being a top 5 or 10 but that pretty high expectations. Having 3 top 10's (30%) with ~15% of the field seems to be pretty good.

All of these reports start out as fake news. And then in months to come, all of a sudden its not fake news anymore. But this silly merger is still hanging in the balance waiting on who knows what. So much Fake news abounds in golf these days with LIV and the PGA association. It might not even happen, it might, who knows but Monahan and who knows if he is telling the truth or not.

All of these reports start out as fake news. And then in months to come, all of a sudden its not fake news anymore. But this silly merger is still hanging in the balance waiting on who knows what. So much Fake news abounds in golf these days with LIV and the PGA association. It might not even happen, it might, who knows but Monahan and who knows if he is telling the truth or not.
rule number 1..

"Never believe a report until it has been officially denied"..

This is coming.

Again I remember the $850 million number from his old manager from a few months ago. Either it is a re-hash of an old story or the number is pretty much firm. If they are close to a merger the number is dumb. If they are further away from a merger then they have to entice talent. I don't think Rory will bring that many eyes over in the US but outside the US who knows.

Underperformed? Seriously?

It was Scottie vs the field leading up to it and that is what it ended up being. I guess you can say Rahm and Brooks underperformed but I can't imagine saying that the LIV golfers underperformed based on the field. What really was expected? Probably Rahm, Brooks, and maybe Joaco being a top 5 or 10 but that pretty high expectations. Having 3 top 10's (30%) with ~15% of the field seems to be pretty good.
Was it? I thought LIV clearly had the PGA outgunned and the PGA was weak leading up to it. Also Augusta National is a course for it's horses and LIV has several horses and IMO a better stable of horses for this course, yet they really didn't do anything outside of Bryson and a couple guys backdooring into the top 12. I think we'll continue to see that LIV has the names, but PGA Tour has the game. #TourFan

Was it? I thought LIV clearly had the PGA outgunned and the PGA was weak leading up to it. Also Augusta National is a course for it's horses and LIV has several horses and IMO a better stable of horses for this course, yet they really didn't do anything outside of Bryson and a couple guys backdooring into the top 12. I think we'll continue to see that LIV has the names, but PGA Tour has the game. #TourFan

K Pop Delu GIF by KINO

If the rumors are true, Rory is the biggest hypocrite ever. He needs to come out an apologize to the world. He needs to say he was completely wrong on the LIV, and he too is all about the money so he is taking it and has no interest in playing in the Ryder Cup ever again.
He doesnt need to apologize to anyone. He stepped up for a role he believed in for a Tour he wants to play in and was absolutely boned by the man in charge. Notice his lack of hot takes against LIV or even pro PGAT since stepping out of his PAC Chairman role.

Lana Parrilla Wtf GIF by Paramount+

I hope Rory jumps.. I would laugh.

I would be excited for LIV but it wouldnt answer any questions. Rumblings of Rahm being unhappy and unable to be the one flip that pushed the merge into fruition, add Rory going and this is a complete mess. Who becomes the face of the PGAT then?

I would be excited for LIV but it wouldnt answer any questions. Rumblings of Rahm being unhappy and unable to be the one flip that pushed the merge into fruition, add Rory going and this is a complete mess. Who becomes the face of the PGAT then?
Is it not already Scheffler?

If he does, that's the biggest overpay/worst contract in Sports history. And it's not even close.

It cant be someone who openly speaks of golf being their 4th priority
When he wins every time he plays.. Seems like it could work. Maybe it not being his "life" is why he is so good.. I dunno..

Is it not the guy who could be on his way to a tiger-like run?

When he wins every time he plays.. Seems like it could work. Maybe it not being his "life" is why he is so good.. I dunno..
Something is missing with him and the golf media. I watched 4 different Spieth commercials during that final round

Something is missing with him and the golf media. I watched 4 different Spieth commercials during that final round
He is boring. But if he wins another major this year. People will start to look past that. Winning fixes everything.

Is it not the guy who could be on his way to a tiger-like run?
It will never be a Tiger like run because he doesnt care about golf like Tiger did. He might win a few majors in a row but even that isnt "Tiger-like". The further removed from that time of dominance the looser that term gets used lol

He is boring. But if he wins another major this year. People will start to look past that. Winning fixes everything.
How could he need more winning lol you said it yourself hes won almost every time hes played. What is another win going to do that isnt already done?

Viewership for the masters was down because Tiger was done playing before the CBS broadcast started. Rory stepped in to take on the face of the tour role that Jay "supported" him in and once Rory figured out that role was hindering his game more than helping the tour, he bounced and decided to focus on him. This is where the pull to LIV comes into play. You can go play golf, remain the global star you already are and by the way make $850M in the process while still playing in majors, why not?

They have 10 of the past 20 champs and you have to admit the guys they signed are built for this course and it's the least competitive major of the year. I think it's fair to say they underperformed expectations. The degree to which that's true is certainly debatable.
That's what I'm saying that they all underperformed to their potential to some degree.

Back