Dormie
Aviara
True Blue
The Oasis (home track of 23 years)
Reunion - Palmer

Honorable mentions:
- Scioto
- Club at Savannah Harbor

These are not ordered. Although for each of the grouped courses, I've put my favorite of the two on top. the two AZ courses are a coin flip for me.

Poipu Bay
Princeville Makai

Hammock - Conservatory
Hammock - Ocean

Mossy Oak
Old Waverly

Ozark National
Paynes Valley

Troon North - Monument (I haven't played Pinnacle @echico)
Wickenburg Ranch

These are not ordered. Although for each of the grouped courses, I've put my favorite of the two on top. the two AZ courses are a coin flip for me.

Poipu Bay
Princeville Makai

Hammock - Conservatory
Hammock - Ocean

Mossy Oak
Old Waverly

Ozark National
Paynes Valley

Troon North - Monument (I haven't played Pinnacle @echico)
Wickenburg Ranch
I think Pinnacle is better but I ain't mad at it. Troon North is one of those courses in AZ that gets a lot of hype that can actually hold up pretty well. I really like the selection of tee boxes if you are honest with your abilities. :ROFLMAO:

My Top 10 looks like the Top 10 list of any Golf lists greatest. Each year I have a hit list of places I am investigating angles to get to.
In no particular order My Top 10
Pine Valley
Merion
Oakmont
Old St Andrews
Royal County Down
Royal Dornoch
Fishers Island
National
North Berwick
Muirfield
I have 15 others that if you ask tomorrow I might slide into the list.
This is an insane list

Had a little extra time today and after playing a few rounds at new courses in Phoenix last week, I was thinking about what my favorite courses are that I’ve played and decided I’d share it and am curious to hear about your top 10 as well!

My Top 10:
1. The Hideaway Clive Course (La Quinta, CA)
2. Scioto Country Club (Columbus, OH)
3. Ak-Chin Southern Dunes (Maricopa, AZ)
4. The Hideaway Dye Course (La Quinta, CA)
5. Hazeltine National Golf Club (Chaska, MN)
T6. The Golf Club @ Stonelick Hills (Batavia, OH)
T6. Boulder Creek (Streetsboro, OH)
8. Colorado National Golf Club (Erie, CO)
9. Longbow (Mesa, AZ)
10. Ohio State University Golf Club Scarlet Course (Columbus, OH)

Honorable Mentions:
Poston Butte (Florence, AZ)
Dacotah Ridge (Morton, MN)
The Quarry at Giants Ridge (Biwabik, MN)

Additional Fun Facts
Childhood Course: Eagle Creek Golf Club (Willmar, MN)
Current Home Course: Ohio State University Golf Course (Columbus, OH)
Hidden Gem: Dacotah Ridge (Morton, MN)
Goal Course to Play this Summer: The Virtues (#1 public course in Ohio)
Bucket List Golf Course: Estancia Club (Scottsdale, AZ), Tobacco Road (or Coeur d’Alene (ID)

Now I’m curious to hear about yours so I can write places to look for when I’m traveling in the future!

Updated: May 31, 2022
I like the Ohio love!

The Virtues is nice but I also think overrated a little bit IMO but it has been a few years since I played there... I played it when it was Longaberger and then right after they changed to the virtues

Brookside Country Club - Canton, OH
Firestone - Tie between the South and West

These are on my list to eventually play.. they are only 20-30 minutes from me

I am going to go with the top 10's I have actually played 18. Not in this order. If the facility had two courses I'll group them together.

TPC Stadium / Dye's Valley
White Oak
WGV Slammer & Squire | King & Bear
The Club at Savannah
Greenbriar CC
Marsh Oak at Amelia Island
LPGA Hills / Jones
Gateway National
Annbriar GC
Ozark National GC

Playing Bay Hill next year with a friend of mine. That will surely make the list.... Did some side work for him and he is fronting the whole bill.

I think Pinnacle is better but I ain't mad at it. Troon North is one of those courses in AZ that gets a lot of hype that can actually hold up pretty well. I really like the selection of tee boxes if you are honest with your abilities. :ROFLMAO:
what ... people choose the wrong tee boxes there??? Who doesn't want to play a downhill all carry par three that you can't reach with a driver. Then again...Distance is a crutch.

what ... people choose the wrong tee boxes there??? Who doesn't want to play a downhill all carry par three that you can't reach with a driver. Then again...Distance is a crutch.
That and when people try to swing out of their shoes the houses surrounding the course comes into play. They are not cheap houses. :ROFLMAO:

Have you played Camargo? That would be a good start.
I have been told many times that I could tag along with someone who never follows through. It's not an easy track to gain access to, sadly.

With that said, other than the quality of the experience, I have heard many times that it's not all that.

These are on my list to eventually play.. they are only 20-30 minutes from me
My wife grew up at Brookside, and her dad is a member at Firestone, though he is never in town to use it. :mad:

Here is my list:

Kingsbarns Golf Course (UK)
Scioto Country Club(Ohio)
Harbour Town ( Hilton Head Island)
Royal Lytham & St. Annes
Ohio state University -Scarlet
New Albany Country Club
St. Andrews - The Old Course
Winding Hollow (New Albany) ( Before it closed)
Nemacolin-Mystic Rock (Farmington PA)

Hoping to add some more Ohio ones to my list at some point

My wife grew up at Brookside, and her dad is a member at Firestone, though he is never in town to use it. :mad:
I know 1 member at Brookside but he is not someone I am close enough to ask to get me on.... and when I worked at New Albany CC a bunch of the members were also members at Firestone but never got the chance to go with any of them to Firestone.

I need it to be next year something serious. I’m gonna need up update things a bit 😍

Ive seen a couple people talk about this course lately and I had a chance to go play it in college... I didnt go for some reason and I am kind of regretting it.

Ive seen a couple people talk about this course lately and I had a chance to go play it in college... I didnt go for some reason and I am kind of regretting it.
It's just a very cool place, and I happened to play it on a day out of the movies with a bit of fog, lots of overcast, and big time vibes.

When you connect the dots to video games and TV, it gives maximum feels.

I like the Ohio love!

The Virtues is nice but I also think overrated a little bit IMO but it has been a few years since I played there... I played it when it was Longaberger and then right after they changed to the virtues
I was very underwhelmed by that course.

My list is pretty underwhelming when I look at it...

The Sanctuary
Rams Hill
Half Moon Bay Old Course
Poppy Hills
Dragon Fly

- Pebble Beach (Monterey, Ca)
- Spyglass (Monterey, Ca)
- Southern Highlands (Las Vegas)
- Hideaway (Clive) (La Quinta)
- Hideaway (Dye) (La Quinta)
- Pasatiempo (Santa Cruz, Ca)
- Cal Club (South San Francisco, Ca)