Your Favorite Practice Facility Amenity?

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Discussing with some friends about the closest decent option for range days and honestly, there’s so little available when it comes to public courses. When you are looking to practice, what are the things that draw you to where you practice?

Free balls.

A good club washer is a must to.

Free balls is up there but I love a good short game area.

If a member, range balls must be included.
Ideally, well kept/newer balls.

If not a member, affordable range.

Secondarily, a nice short game area is paramount.

Good short game area.

Good short game area, practice bunker, and practice greens.

Grass

My membership has free range included, I do wish the ball quality was a little better. I get that they can’t put out high end balls cause people will take them, but I have zero urge to hit fairway wood and driver on the range with balls that could crack the face.

When I go to a place that does have higher end range balls, it’s really freakin nice to actually hit the longer clubs with less concern about it.

Lush turf to hit off of, nicely maintained bunkers to practice out of, and a large practice green so I can putt in seclusion.

I really like having chipping nets on the range.

My membership has free range included, I do wish the ball quality was a little better. I get that they can’t put out high end balls cause people will take them, but I have zero urge to hit fairway wood and driver on the range with balls that could crack the face.

When I go to a place that does have higher end range balls, it’s really freakin nice to actually hit the longer clubs with less concern about it.
Fields Ranch in Frisco had the 'what ball would you like' option. It was a first for me. Pre sorted bags of pro v's Callaway TM. It was really nice.

Grass tees is the first one. Most public courses/ranges around here are mats only except for weekend mornings. Close #2 is a decent size chipping/pitching green with some room to back up more than 10-20 yards.

Short game area, a large putting green and good balls. I have none of those at my course.

Like others, I good short game area especially with nice bunkers to practice out of. Also, give me a large putting green to practice on as well.

Another vote for a good short game practice area. I wear out (and get bored) pounding balls on the range, but I enjoy and can spend a lot of time playing around with short game shots.

I'll agree with the others. A good short game area, particularly with bunkers is at the top of my list.

Discussing with some friends about the closest decent option for range days and honestly, there’s so little available when it comes to public courses. When you are looking to practice, what are the things that draw you to where you practice?
That's easy for me. Free use of hitting off real grass all year long. This while using my own gamer balls.

My home course gives me the choice of 140 yards shots down to short putts in the same area. There's also a bunker for sand practice. Also a 4' high berm to practice the 4 uneven lies.

Our practice area has none of the things listed so far, including grass (on the driving range currently at least).

Grass hitting area by far. I do like when they have a decent short game area as well.

Like most, a good short game area.

Grass hitting area.
Short game to include dedicated chipping area and bunkers.
good quality range balls

Fields Ranch in Frisco had the 'what ball would you like' option. It was a first for me. Pre sorted bags of pro v's Callaway TM. It was really nice.
That’s sick

Short game area is #1 for me. I love just messing around with different shots. I’d say #2 is Top Tracer. Numbers that I can put in a spreadsheet is like crack. I’m that lame.

This is freaking awesome

Back