I skimmed so sorry if this has been said before, but the video player is amazing for analyzing your golf swing in slo mo. I record my golf swing in 720p HD video and then just upload it to the PS3 and in seconds I am ready to break it down. Just another reason I vote for the PS3.

I skimmed so sorry if this has been said before, but the video player is amazing for analyzing your golf swing in slo mo. I record my golf swing in 720p HD video and then just upload it to the PS3 and in seconds I am ready to break it down. Just another reason I vote for the PS3.

Wait, how do you do that? Im extremely interested in this!! If you dont want to answer here, feel free to pm me!

That's pretty awesome. I know I could watch an uploaded video of my swing on the 360 but not edit.

Also, I agree that if you're about games the 360 is the way to go, but the ps3 offers more in terms of stuff. I missed blu ray until I bought a ridiculously expensive computer w/ blu ray to hook up to my television as my monitor!

Tap before talk.

The Xbox is superior or equal in every way, except the blu-ray player. But the cost of blu-ray players is really low now, so who cares?

Also, for those of you who weren't aware, the PS3 has been hacked. What does that mean?

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/ps3-hacked-wide-open

That article gives a brief summary of what happened but the implications have gone beyond what people initially thought. Basically, you could buy a game (which others will just now pirate) go home and start playing, only to discover that when you thought you'd jump online for some fun times you joined a fake server created by people who can now install any software they want on a PS3 and then use that software on PSN, this fake server steals your game data and erases all of your saved games. I'm sure you can imagine what other kinds of malicious acts could be performed with the ability to create and then install/run any software on Sony's network, something that is impossible on Xbox Live.

That is just one example of the issues that accompany a total breach in security like the PS3 has experienced.

Also, Sony has said that they are postponing (stopping, forever) development of the PS4, so don't expect to see continued improvements on the PS3 since it looks like this big hardware "oops" will force them out of the console market for the time being.

The Xbox is superior or equal in every way, except the blu-ray player. But the cost of blu-ray players is really low now, so who cares?

Also, for those of you who weren't aware, the PS3 has been hacked. What does that mean?

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/ps3-hacked-wide-open

That article gives a brief summary of what happened but the implications have gone beyond what people initially thought. Basically, you could buy a game (which others will just now pirate) go home and start playing, only to discover that when you thought you'd jump online for some fun times you joined a fake server created by people who can now install any software they want on a PS3 and then use that software on PSN, this fake server steals your game data and erases all of your saved games. I'm sure you can imagine what other kinds of malicious acts could be performed with the ability to create and then install/run any software on Sony's network, something that is impossible on Xbox Live.

That is just one example of the issues that accompany a total breach in security like the PS3 has experienced.

Also, Sony has said that they are postponing (stopping, forever) development of the PS4, so don't expect to see continued improvements on the PS3 since it looks like this big hardware "oops" will force them out of the console market for the time being.

I agree with the hacking. However, this generation of systems has another 5-6 years to it's lifespan - so it's a little premature to talk about Sony discontinuing the ps4. That would be awful for all gamers - one console to rule them all? No thanks.

Tap before talk.

ive owned both and id go with a ps3 as stated before graphics are better it plays blu rays and you dont have to pay to go on line with games unlike the xbox

ive owned both and id go with a ps3 as stated before graphics are better it plays blu rays and you dont have to pay to go on line with games unlike the xbox

Somebody had SKIM milk for breakfast this morning didn't they? haha

Someone mentioned earlier that it's unnoticeable to us on which system has better graphics, tests prove that we can't tell which is better. Don't worry I didn't know that either, I always thought PS3 was better to. While you still have to pay for online with xbox, it has way better online community.

I agree with the hacking. However, this generation of systems has another 5-6 years to it's lifespan - so it's a little premature to talk about Sony discontinuing the ps4. That would be awful for all gamers - one console to rule them all? No thanks.

Tap before talk.

Actually, Sony said they were halting all work on the PS4, not me. :act-up: Apparently they want to focus more on their handheld devices.

Also, I'd look for a new Xbox in 2014 or so. Word is they've started hiring some hardware engineers to begin development of the console, so it would take around 3 years to get one into stores from scratch.

And don't forget about the Wii, it could still give Microsoft competition if Sony dropped out of the race even though right now they seem to target different types of consumers.

Somebody had SKIM milk for breakfast this morning didn't they? haha

Someone mentioned earlier that it's unnoticeable to us on which system has better graphics, tests prove that we can't tell which is better. Don't worry I didn't know that either, I always thought PS3 was better to. While you still have to pay for online with xbox, it has way better online community.

skim milk lol
to be fair to the xbox 360 i loved gears of war online it nearly ended my relationship god that game was adictive maybe thats why i go for the ps3 even more so lol

Little revival here. Any more opinions? We have a Wii and aside from Rock Band and Guitar Hero we're a little bored with the system. Leaning toward an Xbox as the Kinect seems nice for the younger kids....no controllers.

If one were to go with the Xbox is a unit with a hard drive that big of a deal? For gaming it doesn't seem like a HD is needed at all unless the game runs better if installed on the HD.

I hae played this on both consoles, I have to go with Sony on this one! Better graphics and better online community

PS3 and its not even close for me. Blue Ray, great gaming, netflix streaming....... beast.

Little revival here. Any more opinions? We have a Wii and aside from Rock Band and Guitar Hero we're a little bored with the system. Leaning toward an Xbox as the Kinect seems nice for the younger kids....no controllers.

If one were to go with the Xbox is a unit with a hard drive that big of a deal? For gaming it doesn't seem like a HD is needed at all unless the game runs better if installed on the HD.

yes, get a HDD and install all your games. the system will last longer without all that extra work for the laser.

PS3 and its not even close for me. Blue Ray, great gaming, netflix streaming....... beast.
Yeah buddy. I finally bit the bullet on a PS3, I'm pretty pumped to get it all hooked up going. I think I might even get Call of Duty. Never played it before but hell everyone else seems to enjoy it.

yes, get a HDD and install all your games. the system will last longer without all that extra work for the laser.

That makes sense. Thanks.

Yeah buddy. I finally bit the bullet on a PS3, I'm pretty pumped to get it all hooked up going. I think I might even get Call of Duty. Never played it before but hell everyone else seems to enjoy it.
Nice man, I use it much much more for playing movies and netflix than I do for gaming, but its great at all of them. You will be very happy.

That makes sense. Thanks.

No problem. It really does make a huge difference. The laser on my first xbox was starting to die making playing anything a huge ordeal right about the time xbox put out the update to let you install games. I got a bigger HD, installed everything, and got an extra year out of it as a result. I've had my 2nd one for about 2.5 years and only play installed games. No issues.

Nice man, I use it much much more for playing movies and netflix than I do for gaming, but its great at all of them. You will be very happy.

I could see that. I think a lot of people that have PS3's bought them for movies as opposed to gaming since they were one of the best/cheapest blu ray players around at the time. Personally, i like gaming on a 360 and having a stand alone blu ray player more but hey that's me. Either system is a good time.

Grabbed an Xbox bundle w Kinect bundle. Deal was too good to pass up. Not sure how graphics could be any better based on what I'm seeing so far. Forza is jaw dropping and the wife and kids love the dance game they chose. I'm very impressed so far. Lots of online features and options seem to add to a great game console. Yeah, I think some of the PS hardware features would have been cool. Think both systems are awesome. Too bad the current PS3 isn't backward compatible. I'd have both.

Grabbed an Xbox bundle w Kinect bundle. Deal was too good to pass up. Not sure how graphics could be any better based on what I'm seeing so far. Forza is jaw dropping and the wife and kids love the dance game they chose. I'm very impressed so far. Lots of online features and options seem to add to a great game console. Yeah, I think some of the PS hardware features would have been cool. Think both systems are awesome. Too bad the current PS3 isn't backward compatible. I'd have both.

Did you take advantage of the gift card promotion gamestop was offering? Just asking because I'd sold a ton in the past couple weeks.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Revive a thread here for a question for PS3 owners. I just bought one (199 for the 250GB console with NHL 2014), and want some suggestions for games. Skip the sports ones, b/c I'm all over them already. Portal/P2 are at the top of my list, but the only others I'm thinking at Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, and Elder Scrolls. Anything else I should consider as a 'must have'? Also, any recommendations for games I could get my wife that she might like? We currently have a Wii for the Mario type games b/c she doesn't like the action or sports games. Little Big Planet 2 I've heard is good.

PS3 for me, always been a playstation guy and got the version you can play the games all the way back to the first ones. love it

Back