Worst Club Tech Name?

Turbulator is pretty dumb sounding.

My vote goes to RocketBallz or RocketBladez. Anything like that with a 'z' at the end makes me cringe.
But that wasnt "tech" was it? The Speed Pocket for the Speedbladez was the "tech."

And, I miss those irons.

But that wasnt "tech" was it? The Speed Pocket for the Speedbladez was the "tech."

And, I miss those irons.
🤷🏻‍♂️ I thought it was. Faster, longer, straighter is what I remember.

🤷🏻‍♂️ I thought it was. Faster, longer, straighter is what I remember.
Eh, I dont remember about Rocketballz. It was stupid. But, I loved me some RBZ clubs. I was such a TM homer back then.

Eh, I dont remember about Rocketballz. It was stupid. But, I loved me some RBZ clubs. I was such a TM homer back then.
It was the M line that had me for a minute. Had an M3 driver in my bag for a while.

I worked in high tech for 40 years, primarily in marketing. You just don't know how this works. Jailbreak was the name chosen by Callaway's marketing department. Callaway's marketing department filed an application to trademark the Jailbreak name on January 25, 2016 in the Toys and Sporting Goods product category. The trademark was granted by the USPTO and recorded as serial number 86885328.
lol they filed the trademark in 2016 once they developed the prototype. These releases are years in the making.

Jailbreak is reference to the two bars that connected the top to the bottom of the driver and you cannot say otherwise. That is referencing technology, not marketing. Big Bertha had ZERO to do with technology in any clubs and everything to do with marketing as it was a catchy name used during WW2.

Power Holes and Power Slit should be in the marketing 101 book. Chapter 3: What Not to Name Your Product.

Where can I buy a copy of said book?

yes, that's it.

fairly sure that only lasted one release cycle. Always wondered why some tech lasts a short while instead of building more on it.
Three release cycles. 2014's Great Big Bertha (driver from the first Grandaddy), 2015s Great Big Bertha, and 2016's GBB.

Three release cycles. 2014's Great Big Bertha (driver from the first Grandaddy), 2015s Great Big Bertha, and 2016's GBB.
ah good call, forgot it was in the 2014 GBB

I was speaking to some others this week about goofy tech names. Not club names mind you, but the tech in the clubs.
First on the list was Power Slit Technology from Bridgestone a few years back.
Power Holes was also discussed and it is current.
Finally SERM in Srixon.

What tech names just make you say "come again"?
Those alone would have me laughing while Teeing it up with my Buds. "How do you like that Power Hole?". Just Hilarious.

Not Golf specifically, although they sell Golf Supplies. Can someone tell me why they put Dicks in same Plazas as BJs? Sorry, off Topic. 😀

Back