Wilson Staff DXi Driver

Tmex

Paul Casey, WINNER!
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 14.2
I follow Wilson Staff on twitter and saw a tweet for the new driver coming out. They will include a Voo Doo shaft as the stock shaft. Real deal too. This driver does look promising. I didnt get to try the Smooth so I'm not sure how it will compare.

Hopefully I didn't miss a thread on this already. I know there are some of us who love Wilson products. BTW, if you do follow them on twitter they seem to answer EVERY question. Great stuff!

Looks to be out in December but I could be wrong. If anyone has had a chance to hit these, love to hear some feedback!

We will hopefully have our DXI driver in pretty soon for testing. Wilson Staff is bringing it this year with the new gear that we have tried so far, and hopefully this one lives up to the rest. Solid products all the way around.

EDIT: Wilson Staff sent a couple of beauties over for review and they showed up today.

1093210888_heXKT-L-1.jpg

1093211170_2XW6G-L-1.jpg

1093210581_cyCTr-L-1.jpg

1093211354_gGxYP-L-1.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't seen it in person, but have seen pics. I'm glad they picked a better name this time around.

We will hopefully have our DXI driver in pretty soon for testing. Wilson Staff is bringing it this year with the new gear that we have tried so far, and hopefully this one lives up to the rest. Solid products all the way around.

For some reason I remember hearing that this is ultra lightweight?

That is very good news. I really like the way this driver looks too. Definitely a surprise there for me. I would post pictures but the work network isn't always so kind.

I was reading a bit on the technology and it seems very promising. They seem to have a knack for forgiveness and I hope this driver plays the part. Can't wait to hear what THP's thoughts are!

Here is a good picture of it from Golf.com

Wilson-StaffDXi-Driver_660x200.jpg

Utilizing two tungsten-rubber inserts on the sole to manipulate the center of gravity, Wilson is able to fit the same model driver to low and high handicappers. The weight plugs—5 grams in 8° and 9° lofts, 7.5 grams in 10.5° loft, 10 grams in 12° loft—are positioned lower and farther back in the head as loft increases, and vice versa. The result is a lower, more penetrating ball flight with the 8°and 9°, and a higher trajectory with the 10.5° and 12°. The face insert has five zones (or thicknesses) to bolster output on off-center hits. Wilson's Smooth driver, by comparison, had a three-zone variable face.

$299, graphite

Yes haha. Smooth is definitely different. This just seems more in line with their other products lol.
Haven't seen it in person, but have seen pics. I'm glad they picked a better name this time around.

yoccos, i hit the smooth last year at a demo day and was very impressed. it's not the longest driver out there but for some odd reason it was ridiculously straight. the name is stupid, but it flat out worked. i will be interested to know more about the DXi myself.

Awesome. That's kinda the feeling I get with a lot of their products (8881, Di series). They just flat out perform.

JB! Thats exactly it! Thank you for posting that. I love the look.

yoccos, i hit the smooth last year at a demo day and was very impressed. it's not the longest driver out there but for some odd reason it was ridiculously straight. the name is stupid, but it flat out worked. i will be interested to know more about the DXi myself.

Wow! definitely not your father's Wilson!
Here is a good picture of it from Golf.com

Wilson-StaffDXi-Driver_660x200.jpg

Utilizing two tungsten-rubber inserts on the sole to manipulate the center of gravity, Wilson is able to fit the same model driver to low and high handicappers. The weight plugs—5 grams in 8° and 9° lofts, 7.5 grams in 10.5° loft, 10 grams in 12° loft—are positioned lower and farther back in the head as loft increases, and vice versa. The result is a lower, more penetrating ball flight with the 8°and 9°, and a higher trajectory with the 10.5° and 12°. The face insert has five zones (or thicknesses) to bolster output on off-center hits. Wilson's Smooth driver, by comparison, had a three-zone variable face.

$299, graphite

I saw this in one of my golf magazines. Very sharp looking driver for sure.

I game the smooth and, i think its very underrated it is so straight and has as much distance as the big name drivers for me anyway and i love the name so much i put it in my avatar name LOL. I am very excited to hear what you guys think about the DXI tho maybe it is as goods it sounds and looks. The VOODOO shaft is the real deal its not a "desighned for" i aint never hit that shaft but, i have heard good things about it.

I've only ever seen one Smooth driver in person, and it was pretty beat up. I have seen some of their irons (off topic), and I just love the look of them.

wow, the rubber inserts just seem interesting to me. The look doesnt wow me...but I cant wait to swing it

I game the smooth and, i think its very underrated it is so straight and has as much distance as the big name drivers for me anyway and i love the name so much i put it in my avatar name LOL. I am very excited to hear what you guys think about the DXI tho maybe it is as goods it sounds and looks. The VOODOO shaft is the real deal its not a "desighned for" i aint never hit that shaft but, i have heard good things about it.

3 periods and 1 comma...hehe

edit: 2 commas

Just got confirmation that this one was on its way to THP for testing. Should have it at the new THP HQ upon our arrival or shortly thereafter.

I'm really anxious to hear how this one performs. Especially compared to the new Cleveland line. I really have high hopes for this one.

Glad to see Wilson Staff is willing to send this for review. Is the new fwy wood line named DXi as well?

good stuff, I am very impressed with Wilson these days.

Me too. It just seems like everything they have been making feels good and really delivers on forgiveness. I value that. Especially with some of their pricing.
good stuff, I am very impressed with Wilson these days.

Glad to see Wilson Staff is willing to send this for review. Is the new fwy wood line named DXi as well?

I believe there is.

Yes the new fairways and new hybrids are both named DXI, you can see all of the new clubs on their website. Go to wilson.com/golf and on the "what region" page click on europe cause, they have already been released in europe.

Just got confirmation that this one was on its way to THP for testing. Should have it at the new THP HQ upon our arrival or shortly thereafter.

That's great J.B. i will be listening very attentively to what you guys think about everything.

wow, the rubber inserts just seem interesting to me. The look doesnt wow me...but I cant wait to swing it

3 periods and 1 comma...hehe

edit: 2 commas

I slept thru most of english class , LOL he** now that i think bout it i slept thru everything except basketball and baseball .

Back