Wilson D9 Forged Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Designed using a generative process that compares hundreds of Power Hole layouts, D9 Forged irons combine the nuanced feel of a forged head with higher launch angles, for incredible stopping power and pinpoint accuracy.

Price $1049

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 10.34.03 AM.png

1638478685140.jpegScreen Shot 2022-03-15 at 10.35.13 AM.png

They look clean, just wish I could get over the look of the power holes on the soles.

These look like a nice design evolution from the D7, they had always interested me, the sole design doesn't really bother me if it works

I can get behind power holes if it gives me more carry when I need it! They do look pretty sharp.

Solid looking irons. Not a fan of the naming "Power Holes" but aside from that a nice-looking club.

Sharp looking irons

I think they look alright.

I saw these yesterday. thought they were sleek (y) Nice looking clubs. I'd game them

OK power holes have been around since 2016, so let's get over that right away. If what's on the sole of the club bothers you at address, I really don't know what to say anymore.

For all the well deserved ribbing W/S gets, these are some seriously good looking irons and I'm betting will perform great, if they've improved on the D7 Forged. I said it in the other thread, I wish I had the ability to play these. I had tried the C300s and while they felt amazing, didn't offer the forgiveness I need.

My first clubs were wilson so it does have a soft spot for me

Look nice.

But marketing had a series of meetings and decided to run with "power holes"‽ 🧐
Yeah, that's a "Who green lit this?" Power slots, while still not good would have been better.

OK power holes have been around since 2016, so let's get over that right away. If what's on the sole of the club bothers you at address, I really don't know what to say anymore.

This crazy game is a hobby for me, and part of that is having my bag look good so for me things like that can matter. If one wants to go pure performance maximization I get that approach too. And for me it's not based in wanting to play clubs above my ability. An example I like to use is that the older model Titleist T300 irons with the floating bar connection was not for me, but I could easily game the current model.

Outside of the soles, this iron in terms of looks can go toe to toe with just about anything.

Last edited:
Wilson can make great clubs just seems like they need more "something" I'm not sure what it is but they need marketing or something.

Power Holes is the best they could come up with? 😐

Wilson’s forged irons have been quite good for some time. Also a bit underrated, I hope these find a market

Totally over the power holes thing. Those are slick and I would absolutely have them in the bag.

I love my D7's and if the 9's improve on them, people should really check them out.

I saw pictures of this club elsewhere and it looked gorgeous. I like clean metal. I’m anxious to see them in the flesh.

Probably the best looking Wilson irons I've seen. Kind of have a clean Mizuno look to them.

Awesome looking club!

Look pretty good

I don't mind the looks. I'm not sure anything stands out about them vs LTDx or Ping G425 or Titleist T300 that would lure me towards them. I think the Mizuno Hot Metal Pro look better to my eye because of the Power Holes. I'd try them and if they won out I'd be ok with it.

These look pretty sharp. But when a set of PTx Pros are running $895 (and sometimes less), not sure what makes these D9s a better option.

Back