Who is your sports villain…???

@Thrillbilly Jim

edit: I love the guy. but he's my Villain
dave chappelle hate GIF

They did a 150M race as a gimmick to determine who the worlds fastest man really was, it was silly, since that title always went to the 100M champion. But some American reporters (no offense to my American friends) were very insistent that this title should not go to a Canadian. So they split the difference between 100M and 200M and said let's do a pay-per-view race of 150M to see who the "real" fastest person is.

Bailey was crushing Johnson at the turn so Johnson faked an injury and didn't finish the race, like the coward he was.

Look i get it , this is a small thing and we generally suck at sports that aren't hockey. But you just should of let us have this one.
Not sure how you consider him a coward but thanks for the explanation. MJ was a classmate of mine in school, I'm proud of all the positive press he garnered for my town & school during his heyday. He's still considered a local legend around here. ☮️

LeBron James. Never seen someone play bully ball and cry so much at the same time.

Oh man! I am a Bad Boys era Pistons fan...picked up a Laimbeer auto recently!
I thought I spelled it incorrectly. Hated that guy. But someday you would like to have on your team. He did his job. Those Pistons with Isiah, Rodman, Mahorn Dumars, ChuckDaily and Lambeer, drive us Boston folks crazy

Not sure how you consider him a coward but thanks for the explanation. MJ was a classmate of mine in school, I'm proud of all the positive press he garnered for my town & school during his heyday. He's still considered a local legend around here. ☮️

I understand, and as fans it's easy to get carried away.

Johnson was a flashy guy, wore the gold shoes etc and was very cocky. He was a 200 and 400 champion so a great athlete, and obviously deserved plenty of accolades.

It's kind of like i mentioned, for us the whole "worlds fastest man" thing felt like a slight, since we were very proud to finally have a (clean) 100M champ. So the 150m race was a very contentious thing. Him pulling up robbed us of that moment, which we rarely get outside of hockey.

Johnson is still an all-time great sprinter and Olympic athlete. But hopefully you can understand that in a sports setting, I see him as a villain for those reasons

These are petty things at the end of the day

Yankees

Ohio State
Alabama
FSU

Las Vegas Golden Knights. Wins Stanley cup in its 5th year ? In existence while other older hockey franchises are patient waiting for their team to be competitive
Las Vegas doesn’t have to develop and draft a team. Get their players from trades and signings. Las Vegas is the destination most sought after for hockey players who are free agents
They stay competitive in the playoffs by using the loophole and circumvent the salary cap in their favor.

Harry Kane

The Ohio State
USC
The Cowboys
The Cubs
The Yankees
The NBA
Coach Cal

MLB- The trash can bangers
NHL- Ryan Reaves
NBA- Marcus Morris
NFL- Suh
Boxing- Tyson the Cannibal

Absolutely ZERO integrity- Penn State.

The Ohio State - just because they are annoying.

When I was playing in college. St. Thomas
Tottenham Spurs

James Harden. He has become a parody of himself because the refs let him manufacture "contact" instead of just playing basketball (which he's actually extremely good at).

Queensland Maroons

NFL - Steelers
Golf - Greg Norman, Phil Mickelson
NBA - Lebron James
College - Tennessee Volunteer Orange

A-Rod.

LeBron James. Never seen someone play bully ball and cry so much at the same time.
Karl Malone was worse. Biggest thug and crybaby in nba history. Knowing he doesn’t have a NBA championship ring brings joy to my heart.

Karl Malone was worse. Biggest thug and crybaby in nba history. Knowing he doesn’t have a NBA championship ring brings joy to my heart.
Karl Malone’s personal past and that fact he is probably a pedophile makes him a top canidate.

Karl Malone’s personal past and that fact he is probably a pedophile makes him a top canidate.
lol I hated Karl Malone before we knew he was a also a total creep.

Michigan
Lamar Jackson
Joakim Noah
Yankees

NBA - owners of the Wizards - I don't follow the NBA that much to be honest
NFL - Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, but not nearly as much over the last 15 or so years, the real villian is still Dan Snyder
MLB - Phillies and Braves, and Mets. None that much, just enough to keep me interested.
NHL - Used to be the Islanders and Billy Smith - now, probably the Vegas team due to their circumventing of the rules.
College Hoops and Football - mostly the coaches who promise to stay and quit - sometimes by text, leave their schools in a shambles of cheating scandals and such or just leave for money at a more favorable school - making contracts worthless. I am mostly looking at Pete Carroll, hate that guy - and I don't use the word hate too often.

It was Nick Saban.

But, we are all safe from him now that he is retired.

Tom Brady
Nick Saban
Patrick Beverly

Back