When was your last shank?

Saywhat4412

2022 Grandaddy
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Inspired by the when was your last chip in thread? Yesterday I had a hilarious cold hard shank from the middle of the fairway right into the woods. When was your last shank? Let's hear those beautiful shank stories.

Why would you even bring that subject up....:ROFLMAO:?

Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

I don't know what has happened, but I've been good for 2-3 shanks per round with the driver for the last 2 months or so. It's killing me.

Better question is when wasn't my last shank. They happen so frequently.

Do range sessions count? If so, Saturday lol

Working on reshaping my swing with an instructor, so I've had plenty of them in the last two days. New swing feels are tough, golf is tough.

Kiss of death

This has been a bit of a problem for me of late. I ended my practice with a shank last night. Ending a practice session with a bad shot is not something I usually do, but I need to regroup and figure this out.

How DARE you use that kind of language here! I am reporting this post. 🤣🤣🤣
Ok fine. About 6 weeks ago. Had a very straight forward chip/pitch about 15 yards in front of a green and just crowded it too much. Dead right shank into a bunker. Ended up making bogey so it was ok. They are quite traumatic though.

Hit a great one yesterday. Par 3, uncommitted swing, somehow ended up pin high but a cool 55 yards right.
Season 2 Smoking GIF by Living Single

Ok fine. About 6 weeks ago. Had a very straight forward chip/pitch about 15 yards in front of a green and just crowded it too much. Dead right shank into a bunker. Ended up making bogey so it was ok. They are quite traumatic though.
That is exactly what happened to me. I crowded it too much and boy was it alarming but it was so bad I couldn't help but laugh.

Hit a great one yesterday. Par 3, uncommitted swing, somehow ended up pin high but a cool 55 yards right.
every shot ends up pin high, just depends on where you're standing.

Better question is when wasn't my last shank. They happen so frequently.
Yeah... that would be usual answer. I hit some shots offline but I don't think I had a shank yesterday. My buddy who beat me by 6 strokes had two! One after his best drive of the day. He was 82 yards from the pin and hit the ball 40 yards right. Another off a tee into a pretty good wind he ended up in the middle of the next fairway over. A guess more of a big slice than a shank, but the ball was right from contact.

Yesterday on the range when I tried a new grip 😳 but just once 😝

My last round on a 105 yd wedge. Came out of nowhere...

Last week. I needed to carry a green side bunker to the pin. I shanked the ball way right into the bunker.

I hit out of the bunker, and one putted for a par 3, bogey 1.

Most of my shanks are usually with my wedges. They just happen, with no warning. Don't like them, but they happen every once in a while.

Back