What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hubby and I were supposed to have a romantic dinner a deux, but everything got snowed out. So I'm roasting a chicken--stuffing, mashed poatoes, etc. At least it's more special than our typical weekday fare.

Beanie weenies.

surf an turf... tri tip and shrimp

Most likely nothing, I'm full, had a big lunch from one of the luxury gourmet lunch trucks today :good: and had my fill of girl scout cookies for dessert!

That's what she said.

You know that made me laugh :clapp:

A few weeks ago we mentioned there is a place that just opened up by us that had bar food and Thai food. That isn't the funniest part, the restaurants name is "The Sandtrap Bar and Grill."

We decided to go there tonight because it's close to the house and we wanted to watch the rest of the Phoenix Open. We actually ended up getting Pad Thai and it was pretty good. The portions were kind of small and the staff was very chaotic but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt since they just opened up.

Their wings looked really good so we will have to try those next time. They have two full menus, one is all Thai/Asian food and the other is Irish Bar Pub food.

They have two full menus, one is all Thai/Asian food and the other is Irish Bar Pub food.

Because nothing goes together like corned beef and bok choy. :D

Grilled chicken over angel hair pasta with lite vodka sauce

We thought so too but they explained that it's a husband and wife who own the place, he is from Ireland and she is from Thailand.

I wonder where their kids will be from? Finland? Gondwanaland?

Kevin

Kids are attending youth group functions tonight so it's Date Night tonight. My wife wants to go the Cheesecake Factory.

We've never been there before - any entree suggestions?

Kids are attending youth group functions tonight so it's Date Night tonight. My wife wants to go the Cheesecake Factory.

Entree? They have entrees there?

Their menu is like 30 pages long. My suggestion...no matter what you order save room for dessert.

Entree? They have entrees there?

Apparently. I've been told their menu is nearly 30 pages long!

Their Shrimp Scampi and Steak Diane sounds good: "Our famous Shrimp Scampi sautéed with whole cloves of garlic, white wine, fresh basil and tomato. Served with medallions of Certified Angus Beef Steak covered with black peppercorns, a rich mushroom wine sauce, & mashed potatoes."

Apparently. I've been told their menu is nearly 30 pages long!

Their Shrimp Scampi and Steak Diane sounds good: "Our famous Shrimp Scampi sautéed with whole cloves of garlic, white wine, fresh basil and tomato. Served with medallions of Certified Angus Beef Steak covered with black peppercorns, a rich mushroom wine sauce, & mashed potatoes."

But the whole point of going is to eat cheesecake. I say order two slices each and call it dinner.

Their menu is like 30 pages long. My suggestion...no matter what you order save room for dessert.

Definitely. They have a low carb cheesecake! :D

Cheesecake factory is great, I havent been in a while. I always get the Jamaican Black Pepper Shrimp or the Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp. I really dont think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. Have fun Bonk.

Reactions: TC
We're going to our new to us golf club for our first meal. For their new and improved fish fry. Hand beer battered cod. I'm only slightly optimistic.

Kevin

We're going to our new to us golf club for our first meal. For their new and improved fish fry. Hand beer battered cod. I'm only slightly optimistic.

Kevin
Whats with the Northern states and the fish fry? I hear about it all the time but have never been to one. Is it a big party or does it just have to do with eating fish on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back