What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several winters ago I spent the whole season making different kinds of crusts. I bought pans, stones, a scale, different types of yeasts and flours. I used baker's percentages instead of volume measurements. Learned a bunch of stuff at PizzaMaking.com.

I made crispy cracker cracks, crusts with honey, crusts you could fold and eat, Sicilian style, and deep dish. I have yet to lose the weight I gained that Winter.

Here's a picture of a Mexican deep dish pizza I made. I used corn oil and some corn flour in the dough so it tasted somewhat like a corn tortilla. Roasted tomatillo salsa, chorizo, Mexican melting cheese. Served it with Mexican Crema, cilantro, and a lime. Muy bueno.

Kevin

pizza2012.jpg

Looks good, but I'm more of a traditionalist with pizza. I cook with a pinch of this and a handful of that when I make it.

Looks good, but I'm more of a traditionalist with pizza. I cook with a pinch of this and a handful of that when I make it.

It's the turkey pepperoni that makes it traditional. :D

Kevin

Chili dogs. mmm.

Several winters ago I spent the whole season making different kinds of crusts. I bought pans, stones, a scale, different types of yeasts and flours. I used baker's percentages instead of volume measurements. Learned a bunch of stuff at PizzaMaking.com.

I made crispy cracker cracks, crusts with honey, crusts you could fold and eat, Sicilian style, and deep dish. I have yet to lose the weight I gained that Winter.

Here's a picture of a Mexican deep dish pizza I made. I used corn oil and some corn flour in the dough so it tasted somewhat like a corn tortilla. Roasted tomatillo salsa, chorizo, Mexican melting cheese. Served it with Mexican Crema, cilantro, and a lime. Muy bueno.

Kevin

I'm coming to your house for dinner! You may have some explaining to do to Mrs. Esox.

Bobolis are horrible. I sometimes cheat and buy dough at Whole Foods, but I usually make it.

whole foods dough rules... but when im in the mood to make my own crust... i attempt to make garlic bread crust

homemade philly cheesesteaks and boy were they good.

Fired up the grill and cooked some burgers.

It's the turkey pepperoni that makes it traditional. :D

Kevin

whole foods dough rules... but when im in the mood to make my own crust... i attempt to make garlic bread crust

It's supposed to snow this weekend so I plan to make pizza and cookies. Tonight I got Chinese.

Enchiladas.

The sort of stuff that comes in big tin trays over sterno cans, served up in the Elks Club. Accompanied by the world's worst cabernet, and that's saying something.

Thank goodness there's chocolate here at home.

Were going with a group to Ruths Chris. Watch out steak, here I come.

I think we're having pork chops tonight.

photo.jpg

Homemade cheese pizza and salad.

Harry, I'll be right over.

Save one of those T Bones for me Harry.

We have some friends over for a belated birthday dinner. Having steak and chicken fajitas and black beans. For dessert, peach cobbler or no-sugar-added apple pie for the sugar-challenged.

Harry, I'll be right over.

Anytime Smallie. My dad is fantastic on the grill with steaks. Perfect every time.

We also had big baked potatoes with copious amounts of butter, sour cream, cheese, and bacon.

Save one of those T Bones for me Harry.

Porterhouse G-Man. 32 oz Porterhouse.

Oh, and then this:

photo-1.jpg

There is nothing better then going back home and eating.

While I agree with you 100%, the waistband of my pants has a differing opinion. It appears we are at an impasse - I intend to keep eating, and the waistband on my pants apparently intends to cut off circulation to my lower extremities.

We had jalepeno cheese and spicy chicken tamales, with chips and guac last night. Chicken breasts with mushroom cream sauce, over long grain wild rice, and steamed broccoli the night before. Meatball soup the night before that.

Oh, and Diane, my mom says she has a homemade southern cornbread recipe for you. If I forget, PM me and remind me.

had italian last night... mighta had one too many helpings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back