What is your favorite Firearm?

I love my Springfield XD 40

Love my M&Ps and Glock 19s, but have been on an Sig acquisition mode lately. Will get my CC permit soon into the new year as well. May not commit to carrying, but want the option to do so If I feel like it.

Love my M&Ps and Glock 19s, but have been on an Sig acquisition mode lately. Will get my CC permit soon into the new year as well. May not commit to carrying, but want the option to do so If I feel like it.
I have a lifetime carry permit in my currrent state and have been permitted in one state or another for almost 30 years. I have only carried two or three times in the past 7 years, though. I don't even carry the permit with me most of the time.

I know they have a bad rap but my Taurus 24/7 OSS is my favorite. Just fits correctly in my hand, very accurate, and with thousands of rounds through it has never jammed.

I can tell by the marker that I've replied to this thread before, but it's buried somewhere in the body. It would be neat if the software could locate your last reply for you. I just noticed this again, and I suppose that my last reply would be my Remington 1100 12Ga. semiauto shotgun. It has killed ton of pheasant for me. It is a delight to carry and shoot. But then, I thought it might be my Remington 700 ADL in .243 Win!

I figure I've owned this rifle for just over 30 years, maybe more, back when Remington was still making quality firearms. Oddly enough, it did not like its sibling ammo! I figured Remington rifle, Remington ammo, right? Nope! It would not zero! I was all over the paper with it. One night, thinking about it, I realized that the .243 was a Winchester caliber, so maybe I should give Winchester ammo a try. It turned that rifle into a tack driver!

I went out to my club's rifle range to sight in for the coming deer season. I was by myself, but a whole gang of guys showed up together. We put up targets at 100 yards. I fired one shot, and noted through my spotting scope where the bullet hit, about 3 inches left and 3 inches low. The guys at the other end of the range were just blazing away! I couldn't figure out how they cold know whos hit was whos? I sat back and smoked a cigarette with a cup of coffee out of my thermos.

They eventually called a cease fire and we walked out to inspect our targets, and I confirmed my impact. We got back to the benches and I cracked off another round, and the guys at the other end started blazing away again! So I enjoyed another cig and cup of coffee until they were done. Through the spotting scope I could not find another bullet hole, but the original hole looked a little "funny". At the next cease fire we walked out there again, and I realized that I had basically shot through the same hole I made with the first shot! The second bullet had just made that hole a little bit "oblong".

Okay! This told me that the rifle, and the ammo that I was shooting, were very accurate! Returning to the bench I figured that since I was hitting 3" low and 3"left at 100 yards with a 4 MOA scope that all I needed to do was 12 clicks up and 12 clicks right and I should be right on. I did that, touched off one more shot, and hit dead center bullseye! I do love a three shot sight in!

I know they have a bad rap but my Taurus 24/7 OSS is my favorite. Just fits correctly in my hand, very accurate, and with thousands of rounds through it has never jammed.
My GC3 is my favorite. I like it bc the girls can shoot it and not too much kick

I like me a sig 365 .

My GC3 is my favorite. I like it bc the girls can shoot it and not too much kick
I didn’t know you were a shooter. We need to go to the range someday.

It would be neat if the software could locate your last reply for you.
When you’re in a thread, hit the search. Then change the pulldown from “Everywhere” to “This Thread” and add your handle to the ”By:” box.

1703422014387.png

Favorite to shoot - Weatherby O/U 12ga
Favorite handgun - Walther PPQ
Favorite collectable - my wife's great grandfather's 1911 Colt 45 with carved ivory hand grips given to him by Chiang Kai-shek

Attachments

• IMG_20210919_114855.jpg
    IMG_20210919_114855.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210919_114820.jpg
    IMG_20210919_114820.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 8
Rumor has it that this Extar EP9 is a hoot to shoot and more fun than a Scorpion. Note, not my picture, just a stock photo with Glock mag.

1703437354745.png

My new EDC is a sig P365X and my new plunking gun is my Canik MeTe SFX. The sig I can carry IWB or depending on the pants,inside pocket with an Alabama holsteer.

Favourite 9mm by far is the Canik TP9, it beats Glock's, M&P's and HK's any day.

But my absolute favourites are still the S&W M&P15 and HK 416.

Just purchased a Sig P365 X macro today.
I still love my Springfield XD 3" sub.

Of all the stuff I own, this little piece is still my fav. Very accurate, cheap to shoot and just fun. S&W Model 41
View attachment 9233245

I also have a Model 41 - with both 5.50 and 7 inch barrels.. I like shooting the 5.5 inch the best. (y)

I came so close a month ago from acquiring a 1965 Belgian made Browning Medalist, another sweet shooter.

Yes they are nice I have had 3 of them -- this one stays in my collection.. Great shooter and looker.

H1193-L138415766.jpg

Back