What is it with Pinnacle golf balls???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson Staffer

Reaction score
Handicap
I mean is it just me or does everyone just bomb the sh!t outta these balls?? I realize they're made by Titleist but those Pinnacle Gold, the Pinnacle Exception, the Pinnacle Gold distance and the Gold Ribbon are all some sweet ass golf balls at that price point. I always seem to find the fairways and stick the greens with these balls. Just picked up 3 dozen AAAA balls for $11.00 on the bay with free sshipping. And these aren't those toe up, refurbished POS's either. For a surlyn covered ball the performance has been second to none. These rock. Go Pinnacle.....keep bringing it!!!!!!

To each their own. Glad you found something that works for you. I've never liked Pinnacles, go a long way off the tee but man are they terrible around the greens for me. For surlyn covered golf balls, I will stick with the e6. Again, glad you found what you like.

2 piece surlyn covered golf balls.
Most brands have a model similar. It hits a price point for the parent company without making the name Titleist look cheap.

I fully expected to see this be a thread ranting about them. While they had one ball I didn't hate (revolution maybe?) every time I find a Pinnacle I can't stand chipping and putting with it. Feels like playing with a tin can.

I very much dislike these. Feel like a rock. If I'm going 2 piece I'm going e6 every time

IDK they feel and perform great for me but then again so do Mafli Revolutions. Definitely to each their own.

Great deal on those. I remember liking the performance of Pinnacle Golds a lot.

I very much dislike these. Feel like a rock. If I'm going 2 piece I'm going e6 every time

e6 is 3 piece, but I very much agree with your thoughts on the comparison.

e6 is 3 piece, but I very much agree with your thoughts on the comparison.

My mistake dude. Thanks for correcting me. I guess if I'm going surlyn I'm going e6 that is what I meant to say

I don't think they go farther than the Titleist Velocity, but that's just me.

I just do not like Bridgestone golf balls and I think it's because of the dimple construction. Plus I was fit for the E7 and they are just meh to me. I know Bridgstones are some of the best selling so obviously they work for alot of people I just dont happen to be one of them.

I did like the Pinnacle Exception when it came out. Someone gave me a box of two packs and I liked them so much I rationed them for quite a while. I was playing TopFlites back then, probably XL3000's so maybe my point of reference was weak.

The Exception gave me good distance, especially off of irons and was a soft feeling ball.

Now whenever I find a Pinnacle it goes to my buddy who says he can't tell the difference in any balls.

I have 2 dozen E7's in the closet. Maybe I'll put them through the ringer this Spring. Good news is the snow melted but the local track said the greens are still damaged from being buried all winter under a foot of snow so they need to perforate them and bring them to life but they said they'll open Feb 21st at $6.00 unlimited play.

Coming into a thread with this title, I expected a much different tone to the first post. Glad you found something you like, that's all that matters! I don't even pick these up if I find them when on the course.

I did like the Pinnacle Exception when it came out. Someone gave me a box of two packs and I liked them so much I rationed them for quite a while. I was playing TopFlites back then, probably XL3000's so maybe my point of reference was weak.

The Exception gave me good distance, especially off of irons and was a soft feeling ball.

Now whenever I find a Pinnacle it goes to my buddy who says he can't tell the difference in any balls.
Have you tried teeing off with a pinnacle gold brah??......All I can say is........ "CRUNCH" !!!!

Coming into a thread with this title, I expected a much different tone to the first post. Glad you found something you like, that's all that matters! I don't even pick these up if I find them when on the course.
Start collecting them I'll give you fitty cent dawg.

That's the name of my 3 wood......"CRUNCH". lol

Personally I think they are some of the worst balls made. If I find 1 I leave it in the cup for the group behind me to take.

Look at the dimple construction of the Bridstone on the left compared to the Pinnacle Gold. The Bridgstone dimples are way too shallow for my liking....

Attachments

• 1423796756136-77081378.jpg
    1423796756136-77081378.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 0
I can honestly say I have heard it all now.
In 7 years on THP, I have never heard that the dimples were too shallow.
Learn something new everyday I guess.

Personally I think they are some of the worst balls made. If I find 1 I leave it in the cup for the group behind me to take.
Send them my way dawg I'll hook you up wit fitty cent yo.

I can honestly say I have heard it all now.
In 7 years on THP, I have never heard that the dimples were too shallow.
Learn something new everyday I guess.
I feel your pain. I'm only 48 years young and learn something new every day dawg.

randy.jpg

I keep looking to see what dawgdaddy posted.

How does shallow dimples effect your game WS?

If I am playing a surlyn, I would pick Titleist NxT tour. Pinnacle ones are not for me as I like the softer feel for chips and pitches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back