What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Arrived today 😊👍

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 2
Worked on dialing in the wedge game and played a SIM round.

Got out with my wife yesterday for our first practice round of the year at our club. Hit a few balls at the range (maybe 20) but it was blowing 20-35mph so it is what it is.

First tee......striped a nice drive of 290 down the middle......new shaft fitting to x-stiff was on point.

Overall, some good shots, and some bad ones. Was hitting my woods really well but my irons were messy, some easy range time will cure that. The wind was causing havoc with distance control so I am not going to get too fired up about that.

The putting and chipping mats my wife got me for Christmas was super helpful and I actuating chipped in from 10-15' off the green.......

Good to get going this year, should get back to my 3-4 rounds per week level in the next couple weeks.

range session on my lunch break. The therapy i needed for how work has been

Booked a tee time for next Tuesday.

Took my son down to a local pro shop/range today as they had the Taylormade European tour truck onsite and fittings from the tour fitters.

Had him fitted for a Qi10 driver and 3-wood which went well - some interesting observations from the fitter, backed up with results and now we have a spec for both clubs detailed out. Pretty standard on the 3-wood, fairly custom on the driver although not a large upgrade on the shaft. He hit some good numbers, and a definite improvement on his Ping G driver (he doesn't have a 3-wood - yet !).

Got a tour of the truck, and met Alex (European version of Trottie), checked out Tommy's driver shafts, Collin and Rory's grips, and their glove, balls and hats locker space including a spare Tiger head cover - very cool experience rounded off with a decent goodie bag which far exceeded the fitting fee.

Booked him in for a multi-brand fitting next week at the same place to make sure he tries out and compares the AI Smoke, Ping, Cobra and Titleist against his Taylormade numbers and gets the very best result. After which I suspect he'll be dropping some cash on two new clubs.

I looked at some Chrome Tour balls and might pull the trigger next week on some to try out - but didn't lift a club myself.

Spent a great afternoon at the range and ordered my son some new irons today. Ping G425. He has some older answers that were cut down and too short for him now. Standard length finally.

Attachments

• IMG_8764.jpeg
    IMG_8764.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 0
Got to play after work today and for the first time it was warm (close to 80) and dry fairways.

Had a 7am tee time, but we had a frost hold for 45 mins so that would unfortunately mean I would only get a few holes in before a 9:30am meeting, so I walked over tot the range instead and turned it into a range morning. Probably a better option anyways since it was only my second time touching clubs this year.

Good range session, soldi ball striking with irons and wedges.......was not a good morning for judging distances etc. as it was 35 degrees and the range balls we all of that temperature as well.

Just nice to be out swinging a club again.

Some range time over lunch. Swing still in a bad place. My next lesson is next Wednesday.. thinking it may be best to cancel all my tee times and not touch a club until then. I look like a 25 handicap right now.

Range session - 150 balls

Testing a new shaft in my driver - Devotion 6 / 04 Stiff 65g - bought on eBay for a steal. Needs a new grip, and upsizing to a midsize MCC +4 but initial view is a really good fit for me and potentially an improvement over my current Kai'li White gamer. Also hit a few with my new 7W - Paradym *** tour issue (also eBay also a steal), a complete weapon but delivered the higher launch, and softer landing for about the same distance as my 3H. More work on both needed before they make the bag.

Finished with another Toptracer 30 session - I'm blaming tiredness, or something, but I was poor today. Shanked a few - short iron and driver saved complete embarrassment. Probably another session on Sunday before I play again on Tuesday.

THP'ed myself!

Practiced putting, worked on a drill, garage sim work on full swing

Got the broom stick Railgun putter out to day. Played tag with two golf balls.

Instead of using the actual practice holes, I would hit a ball 3-6 feet at the other ball. Idea was to roll the putted ball into (tag) the other ball. It makes for good short putt practice.

From there I spent some time hitting balls off the 4 uneven lies.. About 35 yards to a pin. I used my golf bag as a pin for some of the lies.

Finished up with 42, 90 yard approach shots to a 20 yard diameter green. Used both full swings, and punch shot swings.

It was a good day, as our warmer 80* weather is finally here. Should creep into the 90s next week.

Wedge practice. My short game hasn't been very good the past few rounds, and its usually my saving grace.

I did Stick Mobility flexibility exercises for 35 minutes and then hit balls for 70 minutes indoors. I don’t yet have the ball speed I want with the driver but I’m super pleased with the consistency of my launch numbers. The new to me blue Velocore shaft is a good match for my Paradym ◊◊◊ head and it has tightened my dispersion.

Had my new (to me) Oban Devotion driver shaft, and Paradym 7W regripped from the worn standard size that they arrived with to my normal MCC +4 Midsize grips. Looking forward to using them on Sunday.

Went to the range over lunch to determine if my tee times for Saturday and Sunday were going to be canceled or not. I was striking the ball so much better. I have a tendency to be disconnected, and I think that was the cause of my atrocious ball striking the last couple of weeks - more so than the early extension. Put the towel under both armpits and was actually finding the center of the clubface relatively consistently. It ain't perfect, but looks like I'm playing this weekend.

Need to make that a focal point every time I warmup or go to the range.

Last edited:
Hit the Range and practice green for 90 min.
Still working on keeping my wrists flat in the takeaway, It's a work in progress but I am seeing some good results.

PW, LW work to 25' diameter practice green. The distance to the pin was too short for PW, and too long for the LW. The idea was to keep the ball in line with the pin, and inside the 25' green diamete

Hit 56 balls. Except for 6, or 7 fatties, and a couple of thins, my dispersion was pretty decent.

Finish off practice (28 balls) with 7w, and 9w shots. My target was a palm tree. Again, the focus was to keep ball flights close to, in line with the palm tree. The palm tree was out of reach for both clubs.

The 7w was my newly acquired Bob Mann small, railed club head. The club face is less than 2 ball widths wide. Dispersion was good enough with both clubs.

Not use to these 85+ plus degree days yet. 92* tomorrow they are saying. Going to take a week, or so to adjust.. Keeping hydrated for the next several months will be the #1 priority.

18 holes today with some co-workers

IMG_3091.jpegSwapped out shafts in two clubs for a buddy.

Did a golf ball fitting. Mailed a bunch of golf stuff out. Picked up my new equipment.

18 holes in the Arizona sun

Back