What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

As dumb as this sounds cause I had a lot to do today with cutting the grass then moving furniture from my house to another home then getting new furniture and unloading that the only golf stuff I did today was thinking about it and now resting and here on THP….lol 😜

Swing work in the garage.. still grinding

Went to the course after work with the full intention of playing at least 9, but after 15 minutes on the range with about 70% of those shots being hosel rockets, decided to cancel the tee time and head over to the putting green. After the last group went out I decided to play a few holes and use it as practice to try to work my way out of this funk. Dropped 4-5 balls in each fairway and tried to slow it down and work on my rotation. Did seem to get better. We'll see what happens. 1 week ago I was striking it better than I ever have and over the weekend my swing fell apart. Such a humbling game.

Good driving range session last night between rain storms

Watch the Masters :)

Stretches, short game practice with a new wedge, large bucket with Hybrids trying to like the shaft.
Called Cally to get return and and reorder with KBS PGH 65 instead of the Cypher.
Now settled in to watch the Masters

Watched the Masters
Installed a driver adapter for our head pro.
Re-epoxied an iron head for a member at our club.

Not much, as I am nursing a sore knee. Giving it the day off.

I did test several of my older practice golf balls. I have a clear plastic tube that has mark about elbow high on it. On concrete, I drop a ball inside the tube. If the ball doesn't bounce up past the line on the tube, that ball gets discarded.

Played 18 holes on a par 3 course with my son. Good first nine for me but eclipsed by my son getting his first ever birdie (on his 20th ever hole). Tee shot landed 2ft from the pin and he drained the putt. It might not be up there with his first steps but it was really close !

Second nine less so but an improvement on last week, and the Jailbird Cruiser got a good first outing.

Couple of wedges re-gripped to mid-size in my MCC +4 teams colours to match in with my other irons by the pro at my local course, including having one of them shortened to standard (after a mistake of an eBay purchase - must carefully read the description).

Watched, and still watching a lot of Masters golf.

Been working all day but able to watch most of the afternoon Masters footage. Wow what a windy day there.

Swapped around some wedge shafts and worked on my Internet Golfer Badge.

8AE59857-1479-40D1-9E45-952BB0E8CB8F.jpeg

Played 18 holes at Naples Grand with a couple of buddies. I had a chance to hit the range for 40 minutes beforehand and it was fun to get things a bit more dialed in after only having only a couple range session in the last 6 months. I’ve played 3 of the last 4 days and will be golfing Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and I’m excited that my regular golf season has begun after only playing about 15 rounds since last October. I’m more motivated to work on my game than I have been in a couple years so maybe I’ll be getting back to regular range sessions a couple of days a week. :)

I hit my driver solidly all day and was also able to shape it both ways and control the flight in the gusty winds. Missing only 3 fairways allowed me to shoot a good score even with zero putts made over 5 feet.

Range today - 150 balls.

Warm up, gapped my 2 recently purchased wedges against my other irons, hit some different shafts with the AI Smoke 10.5 then played a Toptracer 30 and with the exception of 2 chunked 8 irons and a poor 6 iron it was a good result. Nailed some nice approach shots onto the green.

Yesterday when I came home the 3 wedges I ordered had arrived, Adams Tom Watson Grind 52,54,60. They were dirty so I spent a few minutes cleaning them up. I am also looking at grips to order for them and a small kit to install them in.

IMG_1980.jpegIMG_1979.jpeg

Regripped the wedges is done. First time and turned out good.

Son had a golf lesson this morning, then we came home and watched the Masters.

Played 18 this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played Wild Turkey, in challenging cold and wet weather. Scramble with my son, FIL, BIL.

My BIL got a hole in one! Assuming his ball flew over the green on 14, we pulled the pin and their it was!!

It was a fun way to spend a Saturday, ended the day with a nice steak dinner before returning home and passing out. :)

Took an early morning drive out to the dry lake bed south of town. I wanted to check my carry distances on my new to me Nickent 4, and 9 woods. By going out early the wind wouldn't be a factor.

The 4w carried about 165+/- yards. The 9w about 135+/- yards. I'm no longer a long hitter, but I am hitting a lot of shots pretty darn straight. This thanks to my new grip. Even the not so straight ones are not too bad.

I really want to put these two clubs in my bag. Checking the carry distances helps to determine which two clubs to remove.

I use a part of the dry lake bed that has very soft sand to land balls in. The balls on impact tend to plug into this sand. Very little if any roll out.

After I hit the balls, I go to the landing area with my GPS, and Lazer, and record the yardages. They are usually with in a yard, or two each other. Throwing out the longer, and shorter numbers gives me a pretty good average.

After I record my numbers, I hit the balls out of the sand, back towards my starting point with a 7i, or PW for some long sand practice. From there off the thin lies, I hit chips back my starting point. I did this routine 4 times, using a total of 56 balls.

Back