What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed to the golf course. Nothing like first tee time if the morning.

Tapatalkin

Picked up my Cobra AMP driver today.. Got off a couple of good shots. I'm pretty happy with it today. We'll know tomorrow.

Tried working on my Hybrid swing and I'm just having a lot of problems hitting that thing. I just can't swing it like the rest of the clubs. I'm Hybrid dumb.

Nice buy, regarding the hybrid. Try your normal iron swing and try and play the ball as you would if it was say a 3,4,or 5 iron.

I played in a four man scramble tournament to benefit a scholarship for a local teen.

We tied for second with a 58. All four of us had really good days and thought we had won, but were short by a stroke.

What's messed up is after the prizes for 1st thru 3rd, they started the random drawings. They gave away all kinds of nice shirts and hats and balls and accessories, and then the very last prize was a six month membership to the big local gym here.

Guess who won that?
This guy. Seems fishy that a man of my fluffy stature would win a gym membership. Maybe someone's telling me something.

Geez.

Played 9 holes and spent an hour after on the putting green working some things out.

Played 18 holes. Course was on great shape with some firm, fast greens.

John Deere Tap'n

played 18 with Kmac. Greens were chewed up but i still putt really well.

Replaced the grip on my Classic - Went with the grey Lamkin REL (looks awesome) -- three wraps.
Golf Galaxy'ed.
Putted for about an hour at the course.
Played 18 holes with Deano.
THPed!

Had a lesson with my coach today. Really frustrating. Turns out, I'm recocking my hands on the down swing and thus causing an over the top move. He said to watch some video of Kyle Stanley DTL and try and copy his move. I've been sat here watching for 2 hours. I was going to play 18 tomorrow but I might just go to the range for 2 hours tomorrow.

Had a lesson with my coach today. Really frustrating. Turns out, I'm recocking my hands on the down swing and thus causing an over the top move. He said to watch some video of Kyle Stanley DTL and try and copy his move. I've been sat here watching for 2 hours. I was going to play 18 tomorrow but I might just go to the range for 2 hours tomorrow.

you should have him take a video of you swinging with your phone, and study it I found it easier to understand what I was doing wrong easier

Hit 120 balls at the range. Worked out my half swing shanks. They crept up on me recently and then firmly planted roots. Only on half swings... :confused: Anyways, I dug em' out of the dirt and all is well again.

Driving for show and chutting for dough

We talked about this in GA. You stand to tall, flex those knees and drop those hands closed to your body with a bit more flex in your waste. The line from your shoulders to the club head heads to have some angle, you have none. You fix these you will become more consistent

Went to galaxy, hit some callaway razr x mb 6 irons, man those things felt good....except the 1 mis hit...ouch

Also hit some classic again

Played 18 holes with canadan and got mc promo video done

Wasnt sure where to post this so here goes, with my short wedge shots, I feel like I am "scooping" the ball. Getting a little to much of a straight over the top swing plane. Little to no divot and the ball isnt nearly going the distances I am used to. Without seeing a video (dont have one right now) any ideas.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Wasnt sure where to post this so here goes, with my short wedge shots, I feel like I am "scooping" the ball. Getting a little to much of a straight over the top swing plane. Little to no divot and the ball isnt nearly going the distances I am used to. Without seeing a video (dont have one right now) any ideas.

Tap Tap Taparoo

I fight this too man, still creeps back every now and then, but have worked on moving ball back in my stance and working on the "descending blow"

I fight this too man, still creeps back every now and then, but have worked on moving ball back in my stance and working on the "descending blow"

Yeah, I even think pre-shot, "attack the ball" and lately it just doesnt happen for whatever reason. Even at the range, its the same result. I am going to go early Tuesday and try to a few things before my round. If anyone has any more suggestions I am happy to hear them. I will definitely try moving the ball back in my stance a little more. Thanks Mike.

Tap Tap Taparoo

We talked about this in GA. You stand to tall, flex those knees and drop those hands closed to your body with a bit more flex in your waste. The line from your shoulders to the club head heads to have some angle, you have none. You fix these you will become more consistent

Yeah. I remember that stuff. I'll try to think about it as I go to the range today. Thanks again Freddie.

Golfed a nice little Par 3 with my wife. Short game always needs work but my wedges were working well.

I'm totally golf swing fatigued this week and my club feels like it weighs 50 lbs, so I decided to just work on my patio. Almost done with the pavers, though my neighbor says I should leave the sand bare to practice my bunker shots. Probably not very realistic.
199550_352860558138575_1889714857_n.jpg

I'm totally golf swing fatigued this week and my club feels like it weighs 50 lbs, so I decided to just work on my patio. Almost done with the pavers, though my neighbor says I should leave the sand bare to practice my bunker shots. Probably not very realistic.
199550_352860558138575_1889714857_n.jpg

Love how you incorporated the mat right into the patio. That looks great!

Also I hit a bucket of balls today and mid way through was totally frustrated. Trying to get used to the new J40 CBs. Not a good session at all!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Didn't play a round today a bit chilly out and windy so I just hit a bucket trying to figure out my 3 hybrid and 4-5 iron gaps, deffinetly gonna need to update my 3 hybrid because my 4 iron was flying further than it but not as straight.
Hit 100 putts on the practice green and got my alignment issues figured out.

Played 18 today and it was a drastic change in weather. Yesterday was sunny and low 80's, while today was low 50's and windy. I miss the summer heat already.

I played 18 holes.

Played 18 holes with Staples. Like he said very chilly compared to the past couple of days.

It talked about the morgan cup and ohio tour van stop to a few people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back