What did you shoot today?

102/101 yesterday.
Had some good shots but too many blow opportunity's Being greenside in 2 and then a crappy chip and 3 putts :ROFLMAO:.
It's early I keep telling myself.

Another slightly substandard round of 81 today [44/37, 68.1/115, 5,895 yards]. I would like to blame it on the two guys I joined, who were having a lot of trouble. It was, however, me and my poor ball striking.

A decent wind that was two clubs, minimum. The weather report said 18-20 mph with gusts to 35. I don't think we were hitting 35 mph on the gusts but it was windy.

38/42 today. 11/13 FIR, 11/18 GIR. 12 pars, and a couple bad doubles on the back.

I shot 77 on a par 59 course. Probably my best round ever. Definitely my most consistent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

50/50 100 (31.9 diff).

Second bad round in a row. Yesterday's blowup round didn't bother me and I actually enjoyed being out there with the acceptance that bad rounds happen. Today's round was different. There only a couple decent, usable shots. Most were a complete failure to make any kind of reasonable contact, path or face control. Holes 16, 17 and 18 were scary bad... like there's something wrong me. I think the frustration probably added to it.

Anyway, driver was once again, pretty solid. Short game was almost brilliant at times (relative to the rest of my game). I had several chips, and a few pitches get within 5' and helped to keep my putting total to 32 despite a couple 3 putts.

It was my iron and hybrid game that really did the damage. I had 2 drives that cost be strokes and only one of those was a penalty.

I really need to give up on the concept of improvement and just enjoy what I have.

39/38 77. Just one double

Nice to take $15 from my son 😎
What??? I didn’t know money going from a son’s pocket to dad’s was possible!

45/42=87 this morning. Hit some really good shots off the tee but as usual my approach shots weren’t great. Getting ready to make the move north in the next several days. My wife has chores for me to accomplish before that happens so it’s messing with my ability to stay focused while playing lol.

41/39 = 80, 5 FIR, 10 GIR, and 39...yes, 39 PUTTS. :sick: 2 birdies, 1 double, 8 bogeys, 7 pars.

It always seems to happen occasionally, and it had been a while. My putting completely went to hell. I missed several putts inside of 5 feet, speed control was inconsistent, and I 3-putted 5 times. Which is brutal because I had a really solid ball striking day and the chipping and putting were pretty decent too. EASILY should have shot 77 or better, and with a good putting day, we could have been in career round territory. I was on 3 of 4 par 5's in two, that's never happened before, but I wasted one of them with a 3 putt par and missed all the eagles.

But hey, it happens. I hit the putting green for 20 mins after the round and I think I have a good idea where things got jacked up. Will be spending some time on the basement putting green this week to work it some more, because I can't go wasting good swing days like that.

Shot an 80.... 1 week after an 86, exactly same course... much firmer greens (getting punched tuesday) and left several birdie putts on the table. Going to start a thread later asking some specific putting advice.... putter

40-41 from the tips today. Course was dry the greens held nothing they had a water problem happening. Not a bad day though it made me try different shots and practice scrambling more.

Shot a 93 adjusted to a 92. I felt just about as out of it as I could but I already had a tee time. Everything but driver was just a little off. Hope next week is a different story.

Played a bonus 9 holes last evening just before dark. Shot 42 with the bonus of a birdie on the par 3 third hole. It’s the hardest hole on the course at 214 yards from the white tees. Narrow shot to a small elevated green guarded by a bunker in the left front and trees on the right. Pin was 15’ from the front edge, hit my driver to the front edge and it bounced to 8’ from the pin and made the putt. First ever birdie for me on that hole.

First round of 2024 yesterday. Easily the latest that has happened in 25 years. Just a unique set of circumstances but hey, it's in the books now. Had a Bogo coupon for the local muni, so my wife tagged along as well as a buddy and his gf who just road in the cart.
Warm and windy for April, the ground is like August hard already. Hit a few drives that took advantage of it. I was pretty rusty but really hit my fairway woods well. Hit greens from 177, 178, 190 & 211, the last which left me with a 20' eagle putt. I missed about 18" left.
Went 49-41. The short game was ugly with a couple of bladed wedges out of thick rough. Made a few 4'-10' putts though and generally putted well. It was a fun day.

I hit the jackpot yesterday: upper 70's, single digit wind, and no other obligations to speak of so I got out and played 54 holes yesterday (27 holes of singles; 27 holes of 2-man scramble).

43/45/45; 17/21 FIR (7/7 on 3rd 9); 5/18 GIR; 49 putts

For as long as I can remember I have struggled with creating compression with my swing, resulting in weak and spinny shots. I've played that way for so long that I learned to score despite my weak contact, but my ball-striking left much to be desired. When I found out I'd get to play in the 2024 Morgan Cup I knew it was time to make some major changes. It's been incredibly frustrating to find the necessary "feels" and get them to stick, but I'm finally starting to see progress on the course. My biggest struggle yesterday: with improved ball-striking and compression came increased distances, so I missed greens LONG all day (a first for me). Chipping/pitching is another area I'm working on diligently and beginning to see improvement there as well. I'm happy with progress and hope to see some consistency develop, but I also want to get distances dialed in so I can start giving myself a better chance to score.

Caught my self adding a club to the bag on Saturday morning, before going out for the first 18 of the season.

Decided not to. Stick with the 9 clubs I have.

Saturday was interesting. Managed to hit three par 4 's I normally don't reach in two. Made me realize, adding one slightly longer club isn't going to help the game. Making better contact with the clubs I have in the bag , will.

A disappointing 93.

New driver started cold, got hot then went luke warm. Hit some shots longer than I normally would with the same club.

Shots of the day ware on #10. Drive straight down the throat 290 yards. Putt from off the green with a huge undulation hit the pin and sat about 18" away...easy par.

42/41 for an 83. 9/14 FW, 5/18 GIR, 33 putts. Two double bogeys derailed my game a bit, but overall I was very happy with how I was striking the ball.

The snowbirds are almost all gone, so our courses are finally less crowded. We were playing as a twosome (my partner in a cart and me walking), we had a wide open course for 5 holes before we caught up to the foursome ahead of us, who was behind a ladies' league. There was nobody pushing us from behind and the groups in front of us were moving along at a decent pace, so we had a very fun, leisurely round with lots of time to talk, laugh and tell stories, and still finished in 3:05.

A Parkinson’s sabotaged 87.
I hit every fairway and only 2 greens. 33 putts
Body just out of sync, literally hit only 2 decent iron shots.

2 over 73 with 86% FIR and 78% GIR. The swing changes I've made that are providing extra distance are starting to lock in. All the tees were pulled back today and it obviously didn't matter.

Last edited:
45 for the first league round of the season. Happy with it but could have easily been a 43 with a little bit of luck. My approach on the toughest hole hit the cart path and apparently vanished into another dimension, turning par or bogey into double. And I somehow lipped out what should have been almost a tap in.

I shot 38-42-80 today at The Legacy by Arthur Hills in Ottawa Lake, MI, which was so wet that they weren't even letting carts out !!!!
We walkers literally had the place to ourselves !! Played well on the front nine, but double bogeyed two consecutive holes on the back due to shanking one 6 iron and a couple of wedge shots....... I have no clue why that happened, but it doesn't do the self-confidence any good !!! Luckily, I rallied to finish par-bogey-par. Hit 7 greens and 30 putts.

1714509364-376245-image.png
PS....the hole shown is #8, an obvious copy of #17 @ TPC Sawgrass. The story is that Art Hills did NOT want to put the hole on the course, but the owners insisted on it. When Art played the course he always REFUSED to play that hole!!!

Last edited:
Back