What did you shoot today?

FINALLY something positive!

35/40 = 75

One birdie, nothing worse than bogey.

Joined up with a group about 6 holes in. They were playing the yellows, so I moved up a tee just to keep things moving. Hit the piss out of the ball all day today, but my short game was atrocious. Chunked chips, lipped putts...couldn't do anything around the greens. I had 7 GIR and only 6 pars, no birdies. Even had a 3 putt par on a par 5. Ended up shooting 48/43 for a 91. Had 3 doubles on the back, or it could have been really good. Also had 42 putts today. Third round this year I've been 40+, after averaging 34 putts all last year. Definitely need to figure that out. Highlight of the day was a massive drive and 8 iron to reach a par 5 in two. Probably two of the most well-struck shots I've ever hit. Of course I ruined it on the green, though it was a long left-to-right putt downhill the entire way. Going to start hitting the practice green as often as possible at the course near work.

Screenshot_20240412_144438_Garmin Golf.jpg

43/38 for an 81 (par 71). I needed a par on 18 to keep it under 80 and got a double bogey instead. 🤬 9/14 FW, 5/18 GIR, 30 putts with one 3-putt. 2 birdies, 6 pars, 8 bogeys and 2 doubles.

38-43-81 +9 yesterday. I was +4 going in to 16 is all I need to say. Two swings ruined the round. Oh well. I'm close to breaking through!!

Did not play well in our 2 man match play. Shot a 42-37-79. However we hammed and egged it very well and won 5/4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

42 on a quick after work 9. Not a bad effort for the second time out on the year.
Good tee shot ✅
Couple good irons ✅
One good wedge ✅
One good putt ✅
Had fun ✅

Shot an even 90 today, losing my match by 1. First round in the 90’s this year. Nothing was working though no big blow ups happened. Just mediocrity everywhere.

Snuck out a little early from work and got my first round in since October...well half a round. Shot 47 on the local goat track. I'll take it for the first back out, but work to be done.

Played 9 today in the rain.
Shot a 42 (+9)
Finished with an 8 on the last hole to round up the score a bit.

38/38 for a 5 over 76 at my home course. I hit 10/13 greens, but then only hit 2 of 5 greens on the last 5 holes. 1 birdie. I wasn’t driving or putting very well today, but the iron game was good. It will all come together at some point, I hope.

I shot 46/46 for a 92 today.
Golf Reaction GIF by Tones And I

50/47=97 with 37 putts. Couldn’t do anything right today.

76 but I hit it great and am starting to see my ball striking return after playing 3 of the last 4 days. The winds were 15 gusting to 30+ mph and that made it challenging along with faster greens than I have seen since last October. I had a 7 iron come up short from 141 yards on one hole and two holes later the same club went over the green on a 181 yard par 3. I’m going to hit the range for an hour or more today and also do some putting drills. My regular golf season has officially started and I’m looking forward to playing 3+ days a week again.

Capts drive in.
Game of 2 halves.. 12 pts front 9 then 20 pts back 8!!!(10th hole not inplay).
Really frustrating start,just couldnt get on fairway first lot of holes even when i took an iron for safety.Great connection but direction was hideous.Lost so many shots chipping out for 2nd shot.
Back 8 i knew the comp was out of reach and just started striking everything so well.
Course was soaking,nearly every shot was plugging.....Go again tomorrow tho.

Such a windy and cold morning on the course- Shot 47/44- 91 in the first round of the year for me.

Was 46° when we teed off with consistent 15mph wind. The good news is I found some areas that need work hah.

Played with the Men’s group today. Shot 38/38 = 76 today. 3 birdies, one a chip in. +4 on my points quota. One of the birdies held up for a skin, also got a close up.

Winds 17-21, gusting to 38. Ground soaking wet from 2 days rain. Glasses got blown half way off my face once, hat got blown off, wind tried to push you off balance. Couldn't run the ball up because of all the puddles, couldn't loft it much because of the wind. Shot 88, best part was 36 putts. One 3 putt. I'm really happy with the Lean Lock putter. Not at all mad at the big score given the conditions. Everybody scored poorly.

I quit counting after the front 9 (43). Winds were 25-30, sustained, gusts nearly 40. 12-13 were bad today…like any day I play them. Came home and napped on the couch for an hour and a half. I enjoyed it, but that wind smoked me.

30mph wind. 45-38 for a little bit of everything. No birds, lots of scrambling, and a 20 foot putt on 18 to win my match by 1. Of course I drove it into the fescue, stayed in the fescue, and flubbed a short chip long to get to that 20 foot putt.

Golf happened. I had fun.

Today was one of those examples that show why I am a mid single digit handicap, rather than low single digit. Through hole 15, I was even on a very windy day and playing a fairly tricky course. I had hit 11/15 greens. Good long drives. Iron play really solid. Making some putts. Three birdies. Then, I proceed to go double bogie, bogie, double bogie to finish the round and shoot a five over 77. Kind of a bummer.

IMG_6630.pngIMG_6629.png

We played a charity scramble today, shot 30/30 = 60 (par 71). Temps were in the 80s, but 20-25 mph winds with 30+ mph gusts made it a little interesting. We took 4th place, behind scores of 55, 56 and 59.

The best part of the day was that I won a 60qt Yeti Roadie wheeled cooler in the raffle afterwards. I know Yetis are pricey, I looked it up online and it's a $450 cooler. The value of winning that was over 3x my entry fees + raffle tickets and stuff, so I was pretty happy with the return on my "investment".

We played a charity scramble today, shot 30/30 = 60 (par 71). Temps were in the 80s, but 20-25 mph winds with 30+ mph gusts made it a little interesting. We took 4th place, behind scores of 55, 56 and 59.

The best part of the day was that I won a 60qt Yeti Roadie wheeled cooler in the raffle afterwards. I know Yetis are pricey, I looked it up online and it's a $450 cooler. The value of winning that was over 3x my entry fees + raffle tickets and stuff, so I was pretty happy with the return on my "investment".
That's awesome. Congrats!!!

Today was one of those examples that show why I am a mid single digit handicap, rather than low single digit. Through hole 15, I was even on a very windy day and playing a fairly tricky course. I had hit 11/15 greens. Good long drives. Iron play really solid. Making some putts. Three birdies. Then, I proceed to go double bogie, bogie, double bogie to finish the round and shoot a five over 77. Kind of a bummer.

View attachment 9257057View attachment 9257058
OTOH, you could be real close to a breakthrough.

Back