What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some I am sure it is. For others it is beneficial as my body holds up longer.

It makes sense but I can't take more than one to two swings I just need to get a feel for the club. When I watch a person take 3-4-5 practice swings I just get upset but I know that it's their pre-shot routine and we all are different.

34 on the front 9 today...Hit all but 1 fairway and hit 7/9 GIRs...had a lot of trouble with the putter today the greens were all really different speeds.

JB does not play at brake neck speed there is just not a lot of fluff involved. The pace was quit comfortable and we still shot the shat while we were out there. As to edging my partner, he didn't roll the rock his best and we will have some tight matches down the road. This man can golf his ball!!
I'm curious JB. What is your normal pace? Since i've heard you talk about playing quick but how quick?

JB does not play at brake neck speed there is just not a lot of fluff involved. The pace was quit comfortable and we still shot the shat while we were out there. As to edging my partner, he didn't roll the rock his best and we will have some tight matches down the road. This man can golf his ball!!

I agree, its not break neck speed. Its a comfortable spees that I actually welcome. I am not a practice swing person either

76 on Saturday afternoon. It was right around 100 degrees but the wind was blowing 30 MPH with gusts higher so it seemed cooler, a little bit cooler anyway. Birdied two holes in a row for the first time in a while, I have been playing more cautiously lately trying to get more consistency into my scoring and I became a par machine with a few bogeys tossed in over the past 2 or 3 months so it was nice to make two birdies in a row for a change. Should have had three in a row but missed the putt.

Shot a 101 today, was fairly disappointed as I felt good about my tee game from last week however my putter seemed to let me down today. I'm really starting to ponder some hybrid type irons like the Cleveland HB3's to give me a bit more from tee to green. Don't think I'm gonna meet my goal for this year but I've had a lot of fun playing and I've learned a lot so it's still been a pretty productive year.

Good grief! Played the gold this afternoon with OG and shot 38 on the front then turned around and shot 49 on the back for a whopping 87. Only thing I could figure was I didn't eat lunch and completely lost focus on the back. Who knows what happens to us in this game but that is the worse difference I've had from front to back in a while.

Shot 87 (43-44) on a LOUSY, RAINY day here in so. central NJ. We were a twosome and had the course to ourselves, and played 18 holes in 2 hrs. 50 mins.

TC....care to enlighten us on the round today?

It was my first round Post Morgan Cup and I went out and shot my best round ever dude. Shot 1 under 71. Had 2 birdies, 1 bogey and the rest pars. The best part was hitting 14 gir's though for sure. The worst part was 18, the par 5. I hit Octane, and had 218 left. Water and trouble left and in the front of the green. I went for it dude. Ripped the Razr X hybrid and landed it about 30 feet right of the hole. I'm giddy at this point. Guess what? I 3 jacked that mother! Yup, got a little nervous on the eagle putt and left her a good 10 feet short, lol. Oh well, easy par!

I had a great time out there.

It was my first round Post Morgan Cup and I went out and shot my best round ever dude. Shot 1 under 71. Had 2 birdies, 1 bogey and the rest pars. The best part was hitting 14 gir's though for sure. The worst part was 18, the par 5. I hit Octane, and had 218 left. Water and trouble left and in the front of the green. I went for it dude. Ripped the Razr X hybrid and landed it about 30 feet right of the hole. I'm giddy at this point. Guess what? I 3 jacked that mother! Yup, got a little nervous on the eagle putt and left her a good 10 feet short, lol. Oh well, easy par!

WOW! Awesome round buddy and keep up the good work. That will keep my butt out of North Carolina for a while longer until I can trim a few more strokes down . hehe

Good grief! Played the gold this afternoon with OG and shot 38 on the front then turned around and shot 49 on the back for a whopping 87. Only thing I could figure was I didn't eat lunch and completely lost focus on the back. Who knows what happens to us in this game but that is the worse difference I've had from front to back in a while.

We kept hearing about OG's scores for weeks about the "tower of power" and how he could not miss the fairway. Care to enlighten us?
I kid I kid.

I had a poor front with a 45 and somewhat better 42 on the back to match her 87. Dang where have all my 70's rounds disappeared to! I shot 76 Saturday and then 88 Sunday and now 87 today :eek:(...... Golf is soooooo mental and my mind was not in the game Sunday or the front nine of todays round. I came back with some solid shots on the back nine today but my putting sucked as I 3 - jacked a few.

Today was my Monday group....I know but cause of holiday moved to Tues. Really worried about weather...Atl has storms all yesterday but today was cool and no rain. Had a 93, bad putting but that was ok.

NOTHING BECAUSE OF THE STUPID RAIN!!!:angry::at-wits-end:

Today may have been my best ball striking day of the year, too bad it was just a scramble. My putting sucked today, but driver and irons were on fire. I also chipped another one in for birdie, #13 for the year.

Tap,Tap,Tap
You've been a chipping fool all season duey!

Very nice, TC!

I went to go play nine holes, but the front nine was closed so everyone was playing 18 holes by playing the back nine twice. So I hekped out with carts until the cart guy showed up.

We kept hearing about OG's scores for weeks about the "tower of power" and how he could not miss the fairway. Care to enlighten us?
I kid I kid.

Haha. He's still got it but just can't seem to score right now. Short game stuff mostly. It's the name of the game even if you can hit your 9 iron 250 yards! ;)

You've been a chipping fool all season duey!

Thanks Smallie, I picked up a tip here on THP early on and have a new bump and run that has just been dropping balls. Had another one today that would have went in if I'd have pulled the flag.

Very nice, TC!

I went to go play nine holes, but the front nine was closed so everyone was playing 18 holes by playing the back nine twice. So I hekped out with carts until the cart guy showed up.

GS9-6-11.jpg

The round was pretty solid until the last half of the back nine and I just got slowed down. They are tearing up our course right now for winter prep and its tough to get a good lie so I missed a bunch of greens, but the wedge was on and putting was ok.

Shot an 84. 42/42. Couldn't putt worth a hoot, or it would have been a 79 or 80.............

I agree, its not break neck speed. Its a comfortable spees that I actually welcome. I am not a practice swing person either

+1. I actually practiced leading up to the Outing hitting without practice swings. It is now what I do and I'm very comfortable with it. :golf3:

played alot of golf before and during the holiday weekend with various relatives and my scores started low 80s and ended in the 100s
guess there is such a thing as too much golf... ive been exhausted lately and hitting the ball over 100x a round will do it to you haha

Taking a week off from swinging a club after todays round. Played 9 and hit every fairway but couldnt close the face of my irons fast enough because of my wrist. Going to the doctor today to see whats wrong with it.

shot a +3 37

An 82, +1 after 10 holes and then the wheels fell off. Played the last 8 holes in 9 over. I realized I was not swinging as good and seemed to be trying to guide my shots. It finally dawned on me that I had forgotten to take my medicine for the bad back this a.m. and was trying to keep it from hurting. I am hurting some right now, so I don't plan to forget to take the meds again.

Sorry to hear about your back DawgDaddy but I can see in your eyes when the pain kicks in... I did not play with DawgDaddy today but played at his course and in the weekly blitz. I shot 81 and pulled plus 4 points . I picked up 17 bucks when I walked in the door from last Wednesdays plus 7 however for some reason they keep moving me up in flights :eek:(... I will be in DawgDaddys if I don't slow down. I am finally learning his course and with and 82 last week and 81 this week it's just a matter of a few putts dropping and the 70's will be there. No birdies today with two double bogies so an 81 was not bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back