What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 18 yesterday with Rafdo. Took a road trip to Lake Worth and played Atlantis CC. Course was in excellent condition and the greens were rolling 11 on the stimp. Started on the back 9 and shot a 45. Settled down on the front 9 and shot a 43. Highlight was a birdie on #5 and 29 putts with my white hot pro v-line. We played from the tips @ 6600yrds and a slope of 129.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Played 18 yesterday with Rafdo. Took a road trip to Lake Worth and played Atlantis CC. Course was in excellent condition and greens were rollimg 11 on the stimp. Started on the back 9 and shot a 45. Settled down on the front 9 and shot a 43. Highlight was a birdie on #5 and 29 putts with my white hot pro v-line. We played from the tips @ 6600yrds and a slope of 129.

79. 37 (+1) on the front and 42 (+6) on the back. Hit a couple bad shots off the tee on the back, one with the driver and one with my 2 iron that lead to double bogeys. Kind of struggled with my short game and lag putting from the fringe. Really struggled with distance control as I hit it over the green or on the back side fringe on about 10 holes.

6/18 GIR
7/14 FIR
29 putts

84 today. I refused to pay over top stupid prices for balls on the range for the course I played. ($9 for 30 balls!!!). As a result I was really tight at the start and shot 44 on the par 35 front but finished with a 40 on the par 37 back nine.

Played the local 18 hole course yesterday. Short course with 6 par 3's and 2 par 5's. I am still very happy with how I played even though it is short and I have played it a 100 times.

Picture11_zpsd9b342fc.png

What is that score card app you are using?

A 79 that felt like a million. Shot 37 on the front and easily could have been out in 35. Went double, bogey, bogey, par, bogey, par, bogey, bogey, birdie on the back. Bleh.

Most frustrating that last time out I felt I was "getting it back" and today was lost again. Need some range time...

Snap hooked from my Galaxy S3

Still on the roller coaster here with the last two rounds heading back up, being 82 and 88. I was playing pretty good today until 7 then triple, double, double, double, and mostly bogies the rest of the day. Blah

41 41 = 82

Too many putts on the back did me in.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

80. Mediocre driving, great long irons, good mid irons, poor pitching, terrible putting.

83 today, 42/41. Putting was about the only consistent part of my game, but driving and chipping had their short moments. All irons were just off.

Played with Bulldog and he played pretty solid, especially the second 18, but was hampered by a bad back. Solid day out there.

The Divide Golf Club
6506 yds, 71.9/131

40/39 for 79
9/14 fw
7 gir
30 putts

Perfect golf weather today, high around 70, and took advantage with an early round this morning. Struggled with a little over the top move today and pretty much all my misses were right. Compacted with no birdies again, I walked off 18 with a sense of satisfaction for scrambling my way through the round and posting a good number.

Ball striking was off as mentioned, but the short game was stellar today other than one lazy 3-putt and 3 unspeakables. Somehow, I managed to toe-sh### a pitch and 2 chips. Two led to another chip and one to a long 2 putt. The shortest was literally a 15 yd chip shot and I was in disbelief.

I feel like I putted well today, converting many good chips/pitches for pars and a few solid long distance 2-putts. Still just slightly off with every decent birdie look and this "birdie fast" (45 holes) I'm on is starting to wear on the mental aspect of the game. Not complaining about pars, but when in a birdie slump it feels as every shot you drop is compounded because you're not getting it back.

atyzu2y6.jpg

ra2upu2y.jpg

Shot 80 today, 40/40, 5/12 fairways, 9/18 GIR, 31 putts (with no 3 putts!). My best round for about 2 months, dropped my handicap by a full point! Driver was a little off today, but the 3w and hybrids off the tee made up for it. Hit my irons pretty solid too. And I haven't had putts drop like this in eons!

Much better day with the chipping and pitching than yesterday....spent about an hour last evening practicing and it paid off today...even chipped in for birdie once today.

41/40 = 81

10/13 Fairways
9 GIR
30 putts
1 bunker

Played Saturday morning in some chilly temps with 30mph winds and spitting rain. Crappy weather, but got to play with a good friend that I don't see very much any more. He's not a regular golfer, but likes to get out a couple times a year. Played like crapola 45/43. Had my moments, but really never got anything going for more than a shot at a time. Putted well.

Saturday playing Springvale Golf Club - N. Olmsted, OH: It was a semi-cold / wet day, Everything was clicking and I shot a 36 on the front 9 (+1 = 2 Birdies & 3 bogey's), I get to #10 probably the 2nd easiest hole on the course and I screw up and post a triple bogey I shake that off and head to the hardest hole on the course and got a Par which made me happy as I usually bogey or do worse on the hole, then shot pretty well the rest of the way but another 3 putt hurt and I shot a 41 (+6) and tied my personal best for scoring with a 77.

Hunter Ranch Golf Course in Paso Robles, Ca
6,741 yards, Par 72
72.7/138

42/41=83 (8.4 Differential)

Played an early AM round teeing off at 6:50a. This was essential as the high was supposed to hit 100° yesterday(hot for May). Started out with the greens slow from the dew and as the day progressed they sped up and got tricky! We were the first tee time and were able to complete 18 in under 4 hours, it was perfect.

Really hit the driver well, only one truly poor shot on a par 5 that I ended up tapping in for par. Irons were very crisp and distance control was spot on. Wedges were a bit screwy, seem to be pulling everything and think I just need to tweak my stance. Putting was horrendous, speed control was abysmal and had many 5-8 foot par/bogey saves. Favorite part was that I played a draw/fade on demand with all my clubs, its really comforting to know that I can play away from trouble when needed. Even hit my 4 wood off the fairway with a tight little draw on the 600 yard par 5.

All in all, a very successful day with a good buddy on a great local course. The wineries are starting to get green and it makes this place really sparkle.

46/40 - 86.

Three bad holes on the front... the putting was so difficult because it had just rained a monsoon and the grass was super thick on the greens, so you had to hit a 10 foot putt like you were rolling a 20 footer. Took me 9 to get used to them.

Wasnt too mad, cause this was without a driver.

Iron game was superb, short game was decent.

Shot 81 (40/41) on Saturday in an association event. Not very happy with my overall ballstriking that day. I made some poor course mgmt decisions off a couple of tees and had to manufacture a lot of 2nd shots. I don't think I hit 2 good shots in a row all day. I thought the putter was going to be on fire. I rolled in 12 footers on the first two holes, to save pars. But, it was shot lived. The rest of the day was "hard work". I did manage a 40 footer for birdie on the 17th (which I think I won a skin for). I followed that up with a drive in the water on 18. But, hit a decent approach to salvage a bogey.

Anyway, I left the course thinking I wouldn't place. I had first tee time and had to leave before the other groups came in. Lo and behold, I see my name in Sunday's paper, for T3 Net. Cha-ching!

I had some poor iron swings today, 2 cold shanks, (2, 3) but my short game is really coming around. I really like where I am at and what I currently have to build on and approve upon.

ysyryner.jpg
u3u5eqy8.jpg

I had some poor iron swings today but my short game is really coming around. I really like where I am at and what I currently have to build on and approve upon.

y4uvabas.jpg
umyhupad.jpg

Nice round Thain! 28 putts is awesome buddy and it sounds like your game is in good shape right now.

Personal Best 79 today!!

Nice round Niteowl, talk about #10 did you chip in from a decent distance to get a Eagle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back