What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can easily see putting off of that green from behind any pin location. You will be rolling birdies in all next week buddy.

Absolute truth. It's bad enough No. 5 is a 450 uphill par 4. The green is just brutal if you're above the hole.

Im not one to blame poor play on something, but today, it was obvious. Brutal out there. Catching up to 4 foursomes of Senior Ladies? Ugh.

I hit a run of bad holes that just pi$$ed me off, and I got frustrated. Nothing like hitting a poor shot, then thinking about it for 10 minutes until I can drop and hit another.

How long did you guys play? My second 18 took just over 5 hours. On my course, that's a very long round. I have to think large groupings of seniors/senior ladies would be that + worse..

Excellent 73. But, were you really complaining this afternoon about an 85? Come on.

I played two 9s under par this week and was striking the ball incredibly well. I was just really disappointed that it came unhinged a bit.

40-45 for an 85. Played awesome on the front. Had one bad hole. Back side I had a dub and a triple and that killed me, but overall I was shaping shots when I needed to and my irons were awesome. If I could've made a few putts, I would've went pretty low. I've never had so much control with my irons and wedges. I was solid for the most part with my driver, but it got away from me on a couple of holes and it cost me. Love where my game is headed as we get closer to summer.

8/18 GIRs, 7/14 fairways, 36 putts with 2 3-putts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Garbage today! I'm blaming the 100-degree heat. Shot 45/45 for a very disappointing 90. Just didn't feel like I was striking anything well.

Worst round of the year for me yesterday, in a very disappointing performance to a tournament round I Was really looking forward to. It was soaked and sloppy, but I just made way too many mental errors and got the chunks with my wedges. Awful putting didnt help either. The lone bright spot was how I found a very good % (for me) of fairways when hitting my driver. This was the first time with the XLC in the bag for a competitive round and it did not disappoint.

Hide your kids...

ScreenShot2013-05-12at64709AM_zps9c451edd.png

Worst round of the year for me yesterday, in a very disappointing performance to a tournament round I Was really looking forward to. It was soaked and sloppy, but I just made way too many mental errors and got the chunks with my wedges. Awful putting didnt help either. The lone bright spot was how I found a very good % (for me) of fairways when hitting my driver. This was the first time with the XLC in the bag for a competitive round and it did not disappoint.

Hide your kids...

Its never easy to play on soaked ground

It wasnt easy and the greens were a mixed bag of different grasses and bumps, but I just lost it mentally. The conditions beat me and thats what makes it worse.

It wasnt easy and the greens were a mixed bag of different grasses and bumps, but I just lost it mentally. The conditions beat me and thats what makes it worse.

Don't worry lad majestic fairways and smooth greens are not to far away

Don't worry lad majestic fairways and smooth greens are not to far away

A big ole helping of cold beer at a Mother's Day party helped me forget about it, lol

I hear ya buddy and I hate playing in wet soggy conditions. It's history now and the next round will be much better :thumb:

I hear ya buddy and I hate playing in wet soggy conditions. It's history now and the next round will be much better :thumb:

I have found walking in it drains my energy by about 12/13 and then your taking on to much food to get the energy levels back up

Hide your kids...

Course was garbage, paired with a 5.5 hour round, ill never play there again

Course was garbage, paired with a 5.5 hour round, ill never play there again

Luckily, we finished in under 5 hours (think we were the 3rd group off), but it felt like 4.5 of those were me looking for my ball in the wet rough. I didnt mind the course, loved the layout, the mixed grass greens just need to be replaced. The bartender was telling us they just switched ownership (head pro bought it) and they want to bring it back to life. They need to start with their greens first.

Played the back 9 at a local course today...3500 yards and insanely wet. Shot a 41 with no GIRs...not happy. Driver was going about 200 so I have a lot of work to do.

Played the local 18 hole course yesterday. Short course with 6 par 3's and 2 par 5's. I am still very happy with how I played even though it is short and I have played it a 100 times.

Picture11_zpsd9b342fc.png

Here is my Up and Down on 18. I was going to play a low shot left of the tree and give myself a chance for a par. The lie was just calling for a flop shot over the tree. Pulled it off and hit it to 2 feet. Good way to end

photo_zps2206eed6.jpg

Played a stiff/sore round this morning in cold and wind. I've played better rounds, but I've played worse as well!

Ended at 79 (40/39) with a birdie and an eagle to help the score.

44/46=90 at Legacy Ridge. I had never played there before and was always told it was one of the tougher tracks around my home. New and difficult was a perfect round to prep for Reunion.

10/14 Fairways hit with only one really bad drive. BRING ON REUNION
5 GIR is actually better than I have been lately. Several misses just off green. Overall, struck my irons better today. BRING ON REUNION!
35 putts on funky slow greens. I putt better on fast greens. BRING ON REUNION!!

Beautiful Arthur Hills course that I won't be scared of anymore.

Played a stiff/sore round this morning in cold and wind. I've played better rounds, but I've played worse as well!

Ended at 79 (40/39) with a birdie and an eagle to help the score.

Which hole did u eagle?9?

Had a league golf match today. I played lights out and tied my personal best for this course/tee. My opponent struggled mightily so ended up being an easy win for me (11 holes to 3 holes). Game seems to be turning. Played 4 days in a row which certainly helped me get into a groove.

51213MirrorLakeMountain_zpsa94ac499.jpg

Yeah. Took my tee ball over the trees and was left with 180 into the green. 6 iron to 10 feet, canned the putt.

It was glorious hahaha!

Yeah u seem to cut that corner pretty good to where not much left for 2nd shot. I on the other hand have made it there once in 2 lol

X4PUyNQ.png

Just got home from playing 18 at Atlantic Country Club in Plymouth, MA. Pouring rain all morning, once we got to the course it stopped and turned out to be an awesome day for golf. Little wet in some areas, but not too bad at all. Shot a 95, one birdie and four pars. Left a few shots out there that I know of that I can definitely improve on next time. Can't wait to get out there again.

KellyBo and I went out for a round after lunch today. I was hitting the ball pretty darn well overall today. In fact I'll take the same game this coming Saturday & Sunday and be tickled with it. We didn't get to finish our round as there were a ton of families out there today. They were having their Mother's Day Outing so we left after we caught a huge crowd on # 14.

46 on this cold and windy day. Two pars, two doubles and the rest were bogeys. Drove the ball really well, 6/7 FWs. Had a few of my approach shots get caught up in the wind. Just a nasty day, but was happy considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back