What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Chrome Tour. Great ball. Continues to perform impressively in all aspects of the game.

Been playing the Chrome Tour X lately, just ordered some more

Started off my first round back with a Titleist Tru-feel and once I felt more comfortable I switched back to my Z Star Divides and man they are money for me.

On Saturday, I play the 22' version of the TourB X - I was one of the balls recommended for me by Ballnamic 2023.
Since I was going to be a tester of the 2024 TourB X Mineset, thought it might be a good time to start getting used to the "X" Ball.
Liked how it performed - Not too squirrely off the driver and little longer on approach shot with a lower spin rate vs. XS.
If I hit flush with an iron, it was soft. I'd have no issues playing this ball.
My first four rounds last week, I managed to lose 5 of my good golf balls (current version Pro V1x). On my home course you have to be REALLY hitting it bad to lose balls and I was hitting it really bad. It was starting to get pretty mental so I decided to play some balls I didn't mind losing for the next couple rounds.

Rooted around in the closet and found most of a dozen of that same 2022 Tour B X you played. Played them for one full round and one 9-hole round (didn't lose any but managed to beat one all to heck as it bounced several times along a ditch lined with big rocks). I've always kind of liked Tour B X (or B330) and they worked fine for me those two days. But somehow they react slightly differently around the green and on wedge shots than Pro V1x, honestly I think the Tour B X may actually spin a little more than I'm used to...which takes some doing, Pro V1x spins plenty. It was just enough difference for me to feel my touch for distance was a bit off.

So I stuck them back in the closet. But it's a really well-sorted all around ball IMHO. Works much better for me than anything from Taylormade or Callaway that I've tried over the years.

Tour B X and it was great. I'm pretty addicted to the feel.

Played my first two rounds with the Srixon Q Star Tour Divide. I played with the QST last year in plain white and it played well for me. I am really enjoying the Divides, especially with putting. The two color ball flight off the tee is pretty cool, as well.

Glad this thread got bumped for 2024.

I’ve been playing the Bridgestone Tour BX for about a month. Love the ball, it hits consistent flight windows for me. It’s great around the green, great off the putter. It’s stable in the wind. It’s a great ball.

The past week I’ve been playing Taylormade TP5. And it’s all the above things for me with the added benefit of enjoying the feel a little bit more.

I think both balls will be interchangeable for me this year and I plan on sticking with these two for the foreseeable future.

Tour B X and it was great. I'm pretty addicted to the feel.

Glad this thread got bumped for 2024.

I’ve been playing the Bridgestone Tour BX for about a month. Love the ball, it hits consistent flight windows for me. It’s great around the green, great off the putter. It’s stable in the wind. It’s a great ball.

The past week I’ve been playing Taylormade TP5. And it’s all the above things for me with the added benefit of enjoying the feel a little bit more.

I think both balls will be interchangeable for me this year and I plan on sticking with these two for the foreseeable future.
I'm excited to see how the "Current" version of Tour B X different that the 22' version.

I'm excited to see how the "Current" version of Tour B X different that the 22' version.
I have a feeling you are going to love it. I’m anxious to read your thoughts on the 2024 BX mindset.

After my first Ballnamic fitting last week, I decided to put the Chrome Tour in play at our tournament this weekend since I had a dozen on hand and it was one of the top 2 recommendations. Honestly, it's just consistent for me. Durability was good, as I played the same ball for 36 holes and in still in fine shape.

Also received my order of Bridgestone Tour B X Mindset yesterday (my other top recommendation), so I'm looking forward to putting them in play this week. I have absolutely loved the Tour B RX Mindset ball throughout testing, so expect to equally enjoy the Tour B X. Excited to compare head to head with the Chrome Tour and see which fits me better.

Played a ProV1 in a shamble for my approaches to the green . Wedges are W/S HT and man would it zip backwards or if I took a little off my swing, it would sit immediately. I’m normally a 2 piece ball guy but thinking on changing now, but the $55 a dozen is hard to swallow.

I have played the Callaway Diablo ball last few rounds, must have gotten them for Christmas. Not real happy with them, seem to lose distance with driver.

Laugh as you may, Maxfli Tour. It checks the boxes for me: durable, workable, hold its line well, stops with ease, feels good off of every club, 4 dozen for 100 bucks (are you kidding me?). I can not comment on distance because I lack the quality of game to hit the driver in the middle every time anyway. It does fly as good as any off of the irons though. If i was to be critical i wouldn't mind a few more points on the compression scale but i think they make a model with more compression than the Tour I am playing

Laugh as you may, Maxfli Tour. It checks the boxes for me: durable, workable, hold its line well, stops with ease, feels good off of every club, 4 dozen for 100 bucks (are you kidding me?). I can not comment on distance because I lack the quality of game to hit the driver in the middle every time anyway. It does fly as good as any off of the irons though. If i was to be critical i wouldn't mind a few more points on the compression scale but i think they make a model with more compression than the Tour I am playing
Can't imagine anyone laughing at that choice. Solid performer. And as you point out, catch them in multiple dozens on sale and it's a hard to beat price.

Wilson Staff Model continues to impress, especially off the tee. Just fast and good. Had my highest strokes gained off the tee ever today, and my longest driver average. This ball just loves my driver swing, and I love it. Plenty playable in all other aspects of the game as well, but it is just other worldly for me with the driver.

I have gone down this rabbit hole like so many. I really like the z star xv, pro v1x, but the last 3 rounds have played maxfli tour s and seems to do everything I am looking for. I have also played the tour x from maxfli.

Started last night playing 2023 WHITE Chrome soft for a change and was just struggling. I switched to my Yellow Q-Star Tour and started to play better.
I like both balls and maybe it's in my head but I think maybe the Q-Star tour just fits me better or maybe its the Yellow ball? 🤷‍♀️

Yesterday afternoon I tried the 2024 Bridgestone B RXS. I bought a dozen to try due to it being the softest ball in the Bridgestone lineup. I’ve been playing the Pro V1 and at times the AVX, which I prefer but I scuff up pretty bad on full wedge shorts. I prefer a softer ball and have played the Q Star Tour in the past but the ball flight is higher than I prefer. So that brings me to the B RXS.

I played it on the last 4 holes of my round. I hit 3 of 3 fairways. 2 of 4 greens in regulation. Had 2 pars, a bogey, and a double (had some trouble getting out of a sand trap, no fault of the ball). I loved the feel on approaches. The ball had lower spin off the driver so I was able to control the ball a little easier off the tee. I average 260 off the tee and my longest drive with the B RXS was 266 yards.

I’m going to play this ball during a 9 hole round this week and an 18 hole round this weekend. So far I like the results but I’ll need a larger sample size to determine if I’m going to make the switch permanently.

Been using the Z-Star last season and now this system. When I hit it solidly, it goes where I want and has enough roll out for my needs. I don't spin a ball but I can control distance to the green. Plus it holds up well.

Started last night playing 2023 WHITE Chrome soft for a change and was just struggling. I switched to my Yellow Q-Star Tour and started to play better.
I like both balls and maybe it's in my head but I think maybe the Q-Star tour just fits me better or maybe it’s the Yellow ball? 🤷‍♀️
I played QStar Tour a lot last year and restocked with 6 doz of the new model this year. The improvements are noticeable. Longer yet a bit softer, better greenside control. A very good ball.

I played QStar Tour a lot last year and restocked with 6 doz of the new model this year. The improvements are noticeable. Longer yet a bit softer, better greenside control. A very good ball.
I thought the compression was higher in the new ball? How is the ball flight off the tee?

Saturday was QStar Tour, Sunday I played Tour Response, and yesterday's ball was Chrome Soft. Chrome Soft was the clear winner for me: QStar Tour seemed a bit spinny for me (distance good), Tour Response felt like a marshmallow (distance bad), but Chrome Soft was an ideal combo of spin, distance, and feel. However, I await my delivery of Tour B RX (thanks again, THP!!) before buying a bunch of Chrome Softs.

I thought the compression was higher in the new ball? How is the ball flight off the tee?
Yes I believe the compression is a bit higher. Could explain the distance increase. Softer feel comes from the new cover. Ball flight with the driver is mid for me.

I absolutely love my Chrome Tours...but while we are at our normal home course this Spring I am using some Vice Pro Plus balls until I get rid of them. I think I have about 4 dozen to go through. I played them extensively before going to the X LS and Chrome Tour so I have an idea of how I hit them and how they react. Always liked the feel of them around the green. Just enough feel while spinning a bit with wedges. Still very long (launch a teeny higher than the Chrome Tour's with driver and long irons, but they are close enough I don't think I lose much distance).

One thing I am interested in seeing...the Chrome Tour's are ridiculously straight for me. I can work it if I really want to, but on my normal straightish swing, they are like freaking arrows. I honestly forget how much curve the Vice's have.

ProV1, felt really good off the irons but any ball I played would’ve stuck in wet, slow conditions. Feels good in the short game too. Looking to try ProV1x and Chrome Tour soon as well

Back